[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike begins work on Five Miles Out remix< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 05 2013, 18:18

Mike has posted on Facebook about beginning work on the Five Miles Out remix:

Hello Everyone!
Well I finally started work on the 5.1 Taurus 2. My studio is at the bottom of the garden here in the Bahamas although all the equipment is in my office back up at the house. I have been trying to work out why I was not getting any digital signal down there for the audio. I finally found out my two dogs ( They are Potcakes and brothers ) have chewed the cables !!!
So anyway it is all fixed now and I am back to work. It really sounds fantastic and does not need much mixing, as I think by the time I recorded these track I was a pretty good sound engineer and used to record every effect as well.

Oh you should check out my son Luke's site as he is working now in the same studio where I recorded these albums www.tilehousestudios.com

Mike x

Thanks, Caroline Monk
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 06 2013, 01:31

Sweet! I hope some rare tracks will be found in the archives or live recordings.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Legend Offline

Posted: Feb. 06 2013, 09:05

Sounds great - I wouldn´t mind being the fly on the wall as FMO is one of my absolute MO albums and Taurus 2 one of my all time favorites. Agree...it really sounds fantastic! :)
Don´t get me started on this topic but imho Taurus 2 contains the very essence of MO DNA boiled down to this wonderful piece of music. Celtic, fast guitars, deeply emotional, up- and down tempo, vocals, changing moods, complex - beautiful!

Lars
Profile PM 
equinoxe Offline

Posted: Feb. 06 2013, 09:07

Incredible! I can not belive, my absolutely number 1 track will get the 5.1 mix! After last three albums i really lost my hopes for any other album mixed in 5.1, but now i'am really into it! Can't wait!
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: Feb. 06 2013, 11:11

I love it, but the bad news is that this will be probably the 3rd disc (DVD), so no live material this time!!
Profile PM 
equinoxe Offline

Posted: Feb. 06 2013, 11:44

Quote (Nacho @ Feb. 06 2013, 11:11)
I love it, but the bad news is that this will be probably the 3rd disc (DVD), so no live material this time!!

Maybe there will be a 4-disc pack this time? :)
Profile PM 
scienceguy Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2013, 06:18

DTS 96/24 5.1 Audio Encoding on the DVD please, NOT lossy Dolby Digital!  ;)

Pretty, pretty please with a cherry on top!  :)
Profile PM 
falk Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2013, 13:01

five miles out. the probably best oldfieldrecord of the 80´s with the almost to dramatic flying over the mountains. With taurus 2 and other still remarkable songs written and played by a man, who is not even 30 yet. And crises, which holds what i still regard as the single of the 80´s, moonlight shadow. Published around the time i got aware of oldfield. bring back memories. And i propebly buy disco-very deluxe too, because its still great pop music, but bad mike oldfield. Looking forward to these releases. with the rockalbum and tubular beats, which i still dont have, it might just be a great year for us oldfieldfans.
Profile PM 
ingresman Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2013, 07:24

Korgscrew Could you ask Mike if he ever visits quadraphonicquad.com please?
It's probs the biggest surround (i.e. 5.1 and the quads) community on the net and we would love him to perhaps share some thoughts on 5.1 with us?
I think quite a few people are members both here and on quadraphonicquad
Profile PM 
8 replies since Feb. 05 2013, 18:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net