Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike at the Olympics news roundup< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
neil-h Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 03 2012, 04:28

I've just spotted that Tubular Bells/In Dulci Jubilo is available for download at 99p at play.com. And it should be 320 kbps. Here's the link: http://www.play.com/Music....ls.html
Profile PM 
neil-h Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2012, 04:44

I've just downloaded Tubular Bells/In Dulci Jubilo from play.com and can confirm that the track is 320 kbps which is way better than other download stores. It's nice to have bought this track officially (especially as I had some playtrade credit to use at play.com).  :)
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2012, 05:25

With reference to this notion of a lack of hand-played music at the moment, it is actually nonsense. For a number of years now there has been a huge renaissence in folk and acoustic music. I mean folk music is cool now! Not only that, it is the general consensus that the young folk musicians emerging at the moment are actually better musicians than those involved in the first folk revival of the 1960's or at any time since.

I've seen evidence of this first hand. I run acoustic music events in the fine city of Norwich and in the space of a year I rarely have to repeat any performers, obviously I re-book the exceptional ones. Some of these sprogs are as young as 15 and so incredibly adept it can take your breath away such as the guys in this video known as Tozer, McKemmie & Dransfield.

Tozer, Mckemmie and Dransfield - The Music House Norwich

What I will say though is that since production and everything else to do with music is so easy to achieve at home these days I feel there may have been a down turn in focus on melodies/the tune itself. But then being an Oldfield fan gives you your own bench-mark because Oldfield is so incredibly good at writing very, very strong, catchy and memorable tunes. The young chaps in the video aren't short of meoldy though!!

So in short; get yourselves out and digging for all this great hand-played music, it's out there you've just got to find it.

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Aug. 03 2012, 07:46

New interview with Mike in the Huffington Post with various comments about how the project evolved, including a suggestion at one point of using the Blue Peter theme tune!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2012, 08:51

Rod Stewart !! ... Elton John ..!! ... as dream quest vocalists ?

Would they want to ?  :)
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2012, 10:19

Oldfield on BBC6 music right now, being interviewed by Matt Everitt.

If you missed it there is a listen again player for BBC6.

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2012, 10:47

Quote (hairy old hippy @ Aug. 03 2012, 15:19)

I'd go for listen again...anything new so far?

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2012, 12:36

Quote (HuanCry @ Aug. 03 2012, 13:51)
Rod Stewart !! ... Elton John ..!! ... as dream quest vocalists ?

Would they want to ?  :)

Why wouldn't they ? Mike's hot at the moment. Elton John maybe - Rod Stewart - please God no  :D
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2012, 13:19

:O wake upe guys !! Mike was surely joking ( i hope so anyway )when he said that ! Rod Stewart please no ! ...and sorry to hurt you but Elton John please no !  :(
Profile PM 
kazav Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2012, 13:36

Agree! Please no Rod Stewart or Elton John! There are much better singers around!

--------------
The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one.
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2012, 14:11

;) Harry Connick Junior would be a great choice for a jazzy voice and Charlie Winston great too for a gravelly voice ! With them he could touch a large audience !
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2012, 16:11

Quote (hairy old hippy @ Aug. 03 2012, 10:19)

Got my times a bit confused and was initially searching the extremely infertile territory of Steve Lamacq's show... :O

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/b01lbj8n

It's Radcliffe and Maconie again,  sans Radcliffe again! It's in a music news section that starts at around  2:13 in.  Mike's bit begins at 2:17, with the original TB introduction interspersing an interview with Mike on the phone and Stuart Maconie and Elizabeth Alker - she's Alcopops when you hear that - commenting in between.  Standout titbit would probably be that over the last few years, people have tried to persuade him to play in places like London's O2 arena.  The same music clip then plays from 2:27 up until the main news bulletiin at half past.

Hopefully, nobody will need to dredge the Manchester Ship Canal tonight - watch out for yourself, Stuart! :laugh:

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2012, 11:51

Quote (Cavalier (Lost Version) @ Aug. 03 2012, 16:11)
Hopefully, nobody will need to dredge the Manchester Ship Canal tonight - watch out for yourself, Stuart! :laugh:

Stuart's actually something of a fan, I thought he was really humorous as always:)

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Aug. 08 2012, 09:14

MO interview / article in UK Daily Mail newspaper :-

Daily Mail

:)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2012, 18:01

MO and the Bahamas:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel....as.html

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2012, 18:39

:laugh:  :laugh: .. about possible singers and Nassau , we forgot to mention .... Shakira !

She has her own studio in Nassau ..i guess it's still her !
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2012, 20:41

Hope she's humble enough to accept an invitation - no mountains in the Bahamas :laugh:

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2012, 09:20

Opening Ceremony DVD
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2012, 10:11

Split the royalties on that Baby...  how many ways :)... Was always on the Cards . a Must have.. :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
58 replies since July 30 2012, 08:30 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net