Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike at German TV 1991, found at youtube - sorry for the quality< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
a_r_schulz Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 02 2006, 08:07

Well, Thomas Gottschalk (the host) is 1.93m...
here's another picture of him together with Kylie Minogue:
IIRC, we already had the link to this 'Heaven's Open' playback TV perfornmance somewhere here in the forum, but anyway..

Nice hairstyle of Mike, isn't it? Here in Germany it was called 'Vokuhila' ('Vorne kurz, hinten lang' - front short, back long), but IIRC more fashionable in the 80s.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2006, 08:58

Kylie has got 155cm only,and on the pic with that host,you notice that she was wearing high heels!

Returning to Mike,well,he's a short guy(sooo cutie) and he's adorable on that playback performance of Heaven's Open...he did know how to make it sooo goood  ;)

When I met Alan Parsons in person,I had the same problem like Mike on that caption shown here...me small(163cm) and Alan very very tall(195cm)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2006, 09:19

That hair style is known as a "mullett" here in the UK. Very popular with footballers and pop stars in the 80's.

Girls had "Lady Di" haircuts and far to much pink face make-up (or was that the boys?)  :D

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2006, 22:42

Here in the United States, I am embarrassed to say that many guys still have mullets.  Ugh.

As for the Heaven's Open video - I love it.  I wish Mike would sing more often.  It makes me weak in the knees.

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Sep. 03 2006, 10:18

Quote (Bill Bobaggins @ Sep. 03 2006, 00:42)
As for the Heaven's Open video - I love it.  I wish Mike would sing more often.  It makes me weak in the knees.

I do have very same effects here.I wanna hear(and see) Mike singing again like on Heaven's Open tunes,not like he did on Rite of Man and On Horseback for example.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Sep. 03 2006, 16:07

i would love to hear this in real. Not playback, but thought.. it was really a cool video.
I think and i mean he has a real cool voice.
I would not mind if he and sally did some vocals on next album..
Did he mention about some vocals in the future?

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: Sep. 03 2006, 17:57

Got back from Spain a few day's ago were the Mullet still rules.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
violentcurve Offline

Posted: April 03 2023, 04:29

Quote (olracUK @ Sep. 02 2006, 09:19)
That hair style is known as a "mullett" here in the UK. Very popular with footballers and pop stars in the 80's.
basket random
Girls had "Lady Di" haircuts and far to much pink face make-up (or was that the boys?)  :D

That hairstyle has become popular lately.
Profile PM 
7 replies since Sep. 02 2006, 08:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net