Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike among The Word's Coolest Uncool People< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
hairy old hippy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 08 2008, 04:42

Quote (The Caveman @ July 08 2008, 03:28)
Cool is a really strange subject.What is cool?

Well my definition of cool is this. Doing whatever you FEEL like doing. Whether it's listening to Mike Oldfiled full blast in a clapped out old car, wearing a corduroy jacket with patches on the elbows, being able to fit those really skinny jeans the kids are wearing nowadays, whatever, so long as you do it with complete disregard for anything or anyone then you are cool.

I was in this bar the other night, I would have to say it was a 'cool' bar. There was a range of clothing styles on display and people ranging from all ages. No matter what people wore they all looked cool. It struck me as strange, I mean this one guy was weraing a massive old jumper that wouldn't have looked out of place on a farmer and his scarf looked liked it had been ripped off Rupert the Bear but he wore it with such disregard that he was cool! Anything goes!
Profile PM WEB 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: July 08 2008, 05:24

I used to have a jumper like that.Man I used to really love that thing,practicaly wore it all the time for a while.Yeah my wife threw it out one day when she was sorting through some clothes.."This thing`s definetly going out I`m sick of the bloody sight of it".

I must admit I`m terrible for buying clothes now I think I`ve just kind of given up on it all really.My wife will occasionaly force me to look at stuff when were out shopping together.Or else she`ll bring stuff in and I`ll have absolutely no say in the matter whatsoever.."It`s your own fault for not looking". Quite right too,where would I be without her?..Sat here in a pair of stained underpants eating a pot noodle quite probably.
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: July 08 2008, 05:31

Quote (Dirk Star @ July 08 2008, 05:24)
I used to have a jumper like that.Man I used to really love that thing,practicaly wore it all the time for a while.Yeah my wife threw it out one day when she was sorting through some clothes.."This thing`s definetly going out I`m sick of the bloody sight of it".

Dark Star, the exact same thing happened to me. I'll miss it forever, may it's soul reast in piece.
Profile PM WEB 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: July 08 2008, 07:03

Oh yes we`re definetly not alone on this one no doubt about it.Now that I come to think of it she did the exact same thing with another one of my favourite jumpers.You know I`d take it off to go to bed at night what more do these women want for crying out loud?I`m actualy starting to see some kind of snister parallel with the old Samson & Delilah tale here.Oh yes it`s all becoming ever so clear to me now.Hang on to your jumpers guys before your nutsack withers and dies.Just look what happened to Nick Owen..Ay?? You don`t see him much on the telly anymore do you?
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: July 08 2008, 07:38

Actually i think Nick resides on Central TV news now.TV AM to local news.How the mighty have fallen and all because of his jumper!So the same fate should befall Noel Edmunds.King of Pullovers. :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: July 08 2008, 08:14

Never! Noel is the king of Deal or No Deal!  :D

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: July 08 2008, 08:55

Quote (hairy old hippy @ July 08 2008, 09:31)
Quote (Dirk Star @ July 08 2008, 05:24)

Dark Star, the exact same thing happened to me. I'll miss it forever, may it's soul reast in piece.

I couldn't so that, I love my boyfriend regardless of what he wears:)  :D , I  think he'd still be sexy wearing an old spud sack.  I think being cool is about having your own style rather than following the crowd    :cool: .  Last time I went up his I forgot to put in a jacket incase it got a bit nippy as the weather hasn't been very good, so I ended up borrowing one of his, and the sleeves were miles too long.

When it comes to relationships remember this (see here) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G8OH9eUnzk

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: July 08 2008, 08:57

Quote (Dirk Star @ July 08 2008, 11:03)
Oh yes we`re definetly not alone on this one no doubt about it.Now that I come to think of it she did the exact same thing with another one of my favourite jumpers.You know I`d take it off to go to bed at night what more do these women want for crying out loud?I`m actualy starting to see some kind of snister parallel with the old Samson & Delilah tale here.Oh yes it`s all becoming ever so clear to me now.Hang on to your jumpers guys before your nutsack withers and dies.Just look what happened to Nick Owen..Ay?? You don`t see him much on the telly anymore do you?

I wouldn't want my boyfriends nutsack to wither and die, what a scary thought :O  :O  :O  :O  :O

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: July 08 2008, 09:15

[quote=moonchildhippy,July 08 2008, 13:57][/quote]
I wouldn't want my boyfriends nutsack to wither and die, what a scary thought

Well I`m sure my wife would`nt really if I`m being honest.I retract everything.To hell with jumpers who needs em`.Well maybe just the odd cardigan here and there,and I`ll be more than satisfied. :p

So there I am trying to think of somebody famous for wearing jumpers and I completely forgot about Sir Noel.See there`s a reason you never get to hear that bankers voice on Deal Or No Deal...It`s Mr Blobby..Hey he did`nt ditch the poor inflatable pink fellow after all.I was absoulutely dying for Noel to get that Countdown gig though.Imagine just how cool Mr Blobby would`ve been in dictionary corner..He would`ve sure blown the crap out of Gyles Brandreth..Aaaargh I`m back to bloomin` jumpers again.
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: July 08 2008, 10:07

Personally I think the only place for Noel Edmonds and his jumpers are anywhere but on the tele. I didn't used to mind him that much but 'Deal or no deal' has to be the worst programme of ALL time, it makes my skin crawl.
Profile PM WEB 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: July 08 2008, 10:16

My poor old nan would die!Noel's a familiar face around Exeter where my family live.

--------------
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: July 08 2008, 11:10

Quote (hairy old hippy @ July 08 2008, 14:07)
Personally I think the only place for Noel Edmonds and his jumpers are anywhere but on the tele. I didn't used to mind him that much but 'Deal or no deal' has to be the worst programme of ALL time, it makes my skin crawl.

All this talk of Noel Edmonds has got me thinking about how I used to watch Swap Shop on Saturday Mornings

http://www.saturdaymornings.co.uk/itstarted/swapshop/

Got the music in my head now Swap Shop Da  da da dada da Swap Shop , the music can be found on a link here http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/swapshop/index.shtml

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: July 08 2008, 11:22

Now he was coolish in the 70's on Swap Shop (better than Mike Reed on Saturday Superstore anyway.....that mullett!)but still had the pullover syndrome.Acyually my dad was his double when he had the beard and longer hair.
But sadly he's just irritatingly smug now.

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: July 08 2008, 11:25

I should add that Noel's smug....not my dad, :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: July 08 2008, 13:33

Whenever you guys say "jumper", I picture a 'jumpsuit' - one of those one-piece outfits that's pants and shirt combined (example). But, with the mention of "cardigans" and "pullovers", I'm guessing it's not?

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: July 08 2008, 14:32

If the presenter wore something like that, how could Deal or No Deal be the worst show of all time :D
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: July 08 2008, 15:58

Quote (moonchildhippy @ July 08 2008, 11:10)
All this talk of Noel Edmonds has got me thinking about how I used to watch Swap Shop on Saturday Mornings

dude,

saturday swap shop is possibly my earliest memory of television!
Profile PM WEB 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: July 08 2008, 17:05

Sweatpea,
             in your earlier post please me tell that you have'nt superglued your wire framed glasses to your face.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: July 08 2008, 17:08

The BigBellEnd is the coolest person I've never met.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: July 08 2008, 17:33

Quote (hairy old hippy @ July 08 2008, 19:58)
Quote (moonchildhippy @ July 08 2008, 11:10)

dude,

saturday swap shop is possibly my earliest memory of television!

Possibly mine, (apart from nursery  programmes) ,along   with Grange Hill, first series "Tucker Jenkins", "Trisha Yates", and "Mr Baxter"     :cool:  , can't believe it's 30 http://www.grangehillfans.co.uk/history/potted.php

My other favourite programme was The Clangers, used to have to watch that 4.35pm on Fridays http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/clangers/
 :cool:

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
54 replies since July 05 2008, 18:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net