Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike among The Word's Coolest Uncool People< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
The Big BellEnd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 08 2008, 17:41

Soooo last year I, along with my family, travelled  to Los Angeles for our summer holiday. One of our day trip's was to Venice beach, time to show the super cool, super kicked back, super groovy folk's in this super chilled resort how cool I am.
Any how time to get down to the nitty gritty and show off the swimwear, my sparkling brand new sponge bob thong style bather, I strolled around a while getting more than the odd passing glance.
After about twenty minute's and a bit of discomfort I realised I had the thong on back to front.
This in itself solved the three thing's that had been bothering me.
1 why so many people noticed my sponge bobs.
2 why it felt like my costume was digging in.
and 3 it explained the twanging noise that could be heard every time I bent over to rake the sand out from between my toes. A bit like someone trying to get a tune out of a taught cheese wire.
lost my cool that day :/

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: July 08 2008, 17:43

Quote (The Big BellEnd @ July 08 2008, 22:41)
lost my cool that day

Some things are simply not possible.
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: July 08 2008, 17:55

come off it Alan, when it comes to being cool you must be in at least the top one.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: July 09 2008, 01:45

Quote (The Big BellEnd @ July 08 2008, 17:41)
Soooo last year I, along with my family, travelled  to Los Angeles for our summer holiday. One of our day trip's was to Venice beach, time to show the super cool, super kicked back, super groovy folk's in this super chilled resort how cool I am.
Any how time to get down to the nitty gritty and show off the swimwear, my sparkling brand new sponge bob thong style bather, I strolled around a while getting more than the odd passing glance.
After about twenty minute's and a bit of discomfort I realised I had the thong on back to front.
and 3 it explained the twanging noise that could be heard every time I bent over to rake the sand out from between my toes. A bit like someone trying to get a tune out of a taught cheese wire.

I don't know whether to add or subtract cool-points for that. I'm leaning towards subtracting.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: July 09 2008, 02:51

Quote (The Big BellEnd @ July 08 2008, 21:41)

:laugh:  :laugh: I don't know how you can wear thongs BBE:O  :O . I tried them (the right way round) but they went up my a**e, horrible things.  I like underwear to cover my cheeks, and bigger knickers can STILL be sexy, (well not "granny" ones).  My boyfriend agrees with me on this     :cool: .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: July 09 2008, 03:48

Yeah I`d agree with that.Surely you want your fabric stretching over that particular area not disapearing up there and into it?Or "dagging up me crack" as they say round these parts.That said I saw a woman on the beach last year who must have been around 40-45 wearing a thong.And she was walking down to the ocean with all these kids in tow behind her.And purely by chance I was kind of following her down there with my own kids you know as you do.OMG what a figure she had it was really difficult to stop myself from staring I have to say.It was even more difficult lining up my own kids in the photograph if you know what I mean.Just making sure I got everything in the shot as it were.You should`ve seen my wife`s face when we got those pictures back from the chemist.

A couple of weeks ago my wife bought one of those mankini things made infamous by Sacha Baron Cohen`s Borat character.And hid it in the suitcase of a friend of ours as a surprise birthday present for him while he was away on holiday.Ended up wearing it for the entire duration of his time away or so he says.I`ve yet to see the photographic evidence though so the jury`s still out as yet.My wife has a habit of doing this kind of thing though.Never let a woman pack your suitcase when your going away somewhere is my piece of advice for the day.Or make sure you check it first before you leave at the very least.Some of the uncool gear that I`ve been forced to go out in while away from home would make even the likes of Noel Edmonds look suave.Well ok maybe not Edmonds,but certainly way beyond The Chegwin that`s for sure.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: July 09 2008, 04:11

Quote (The Big BellEnd @ July 08 2008, 22:55)
come off it Alan, when it comes to being cool you must be in at least the top one.

Me? I'm about as cool as hot water bottles, slippers, and cocoa.

No, as master of the cool one-liner (masterly, yet dropped in apparently without effort), you are without parallel, TBBE.
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: July 09 2008, 04:17

Quote (Dirk Star @ July 09 2008, 03:48)
Never let a woman pack your suitcase when your going away somewhere is my piece of advice for the day.

Oh yes, very true my friend. I just got back from the French Riviera and a weekend in Paris (VERY cool!). My girlfriend totally overpacked our suitcase, I mean how many pairs of shoes does one person need in ten days!? Anyway, all on one trip on the train fron Nice to Paris both zips broke tha handle snapped and one of the wheels bust, it was a total and utter nightmare. However, seeing Hank Marvin on the TGV made up for it. Now then, Hank Marvin....cool or not cool. Maybe a generation thing. On the one hand possibly the most influential guitarist of the 20th century when you really think about it but then he did play with Cliff Richard and wore all those dreadful shirts in the 80's.
Profile PM WEB 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: July 09 2008, 04:41

Oh yes Hank`s the epitomy of high cool for me no doubt about it.You`re spot on about those shirts he wore back then though.He kind of went through a Tom Selleck phase for a while,without the moustache though.I think he was obviously aware that the moustache coupled with the specs would have just been a tad too much you know.Very astute on his part it has to said.

A couple of years back we were in this really out of the way country pub near Scarborough.When purely by chance that night there was this kind of two piece Shadows tribute band performing.What a fantastic time we had in that place that night.Just a couple of oldish guys doing it for the sheer love of it all.Spent the latter part of the evening chatting away to the Bruce Welch guy if you like.Who came and sat down at the table with us drinking the night away.And talking enthused about all sorts of different types of music.His stories from the "buisness" etc, great stuff. "Hank" was more the shy retiring type fair play to him.But one hell of a great guitar player at the same time.They did a version of Dire Straits Sultans Of Swing that night as well I remember complete with extended solo that was absolutely stunning.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: July 09 2008, 08:09

Quote (hairy old hippy @ July 09 2008, 08:17)
Quote (Dirk Star @ July 09 2008, 03:48)
Never let a woman pack your suitcase when your going away somewhere is my piece of advice for the day.

Oh yes, very true my friend. I just got back from the French Riviera and a weekend in Paris (VERY cool!;). My girlfriend totally overpacked our suitcase, I mean how many pairs of shoes does one person need in ten days!?

2 or 3 at most 4 pairs.  I think I've a bit of a mix of female/male mind when it comes to packing a suitcase, in that I put stuff in , and end up taking much of it out. I try and take as little as I can.  I like my boyfriends choice of clothes anyway, I wouldn't try and change what he wears   :)  ;) .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: July 09 2008, 18:37

Quote (The Big BellEnd @ July 08 2008, 17:41)

:)  Well, it's reading replies like this that makes posting here worthwhile!   :) I am still giggling, and I read it hours ago, BBE you are a legend! Thank you for making me laugh!!

As for the cool and uncool perspective, I was just so pleased to see that someone ( a journalist ) decided to include Mike, to give him a tiny bit of space and recognition. All these little reminders go some way to informing people, or at least arousing their curiosity and getting the message across! ;)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: July 25 2008, 16:07

so does this make Mike cool, for being on the coolest uncool list? im confused! lol  :p

no mateer he is the coolest, regardless of what some silly list says!

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
Ratty Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2008, 19:15

cool, even better mike is in the same category as Rolf Harris!! I guess i can dig my "two little boys" single out now!!!

--------------
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2008, 00:46

Re: Mike among the word's coolest uncool people:

He is definitely cooler than cool, he don't need to wear no shades in the glare of the morning sun, and listening to his music can never make you glum, in the words of a genius, to Hergest Ridge you must come....

A Ditty from Deb
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2008, 00:53

Yes its sad but true, academics appear to be bright until they speak, I should know, I have been brain dead for six years........ nearly at Masters level, then maybe a PhD, but I like to converse with my tubular chums, then I won't feel so glum.
Good morning, Gutentag,Bonjour, guys. Its the arvo here and you will just be opening your peepers

Deb from downunder
Profile PM 
54 replies since July 05 2008, 18:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net