Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (24) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Members Photographs., Introduce yourself with a photograph.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TubularBelle Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 05 2005, 23:04

Introduce yourself with a photograph, you can include photos of your Mike Oldfield collections and photos of your family and pets, anything you like. I look forward to meeting you all.

Call this pure self indulgance if you like, it's the wog in me, I am mad about photographs.

My 40th birthday family portrait, left to right, son Adam, then 14,  son Brett (standing), then 22, Tracy (TubularBelle), then 40, and son Craig, then 19. Taken in 2000.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2005, 23:20

Tracy (TubularBelle) with partner Michael, then 28 and Shih Tzu Wilbur, note the bow tie, then 13, passed away 3 years ago. Taken in 2000, just 3 months after Michael and I met, hence him not being included in the Family Portrait. Also because we met in Sept and the Portrait was meant to be taken in July to commemorate my 40th birthday but the night before the sitting, my son Craig had gone on an all night bender and woke up looking like a walrus so I cancelled and it took me 6 months to recover from the anger enough to book another sitting. My boys were supposed to pay for it too, not a cent, cost me over $1,000. But it's a memory!!

Good to see so many people have had a look in here already, I hope you are all posting pictures. Plop yourselves down in front of all your MO record covers and posters etc. And include some details about yourselves. Where you live and work, family, hobbies, go for it.

I live in the Adelaide Hills of South Australia in a lovely place called Belair, we have a very downmarket house in a very upmarket area, paid $160,000 for it 4 years ago, now worth twice that amount. The average house here costs half a million dollars. It is a one story fibro house but our block is so steep that our back deck sits 12 feet off the ground and overlooks a valley with huge gum trees and we can see koalas and possums and kookaburras and rosellas. No kangaroos, you have to go to the National Park to see them which is only 1 1/2 kms away, they don't roam the streets like some American sitcoms think. We get some truly spectacular sunsets, but it can get very cold here at night. Our bedroom is high up so we have complete privacy with no curtains and lay in bed and watch the rain and lightning and the trees and the moon, we are very very happy here. Freezing, but happy!

I don't work at the moment, use to glaze peanuts and almonds, and Michael is a furniture removalist/truck driver. He does country runs so drives 80% of the time and is away 100 hours a week so I get plenty of time to enjoy the beauty of this place and listen to Mike. My partner is NOT a fan and can get quite jealous so I don't talk about Mike much when he is at home.

Ciao,
Tracy.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Sep. 14 2005, 05:46

OK, I'll post a link to a photo I somehow managed to upload. It's nowhere near as dressed up as yours Tracy, but it is from a birthday. Just a quiet one. This would have been taken about 3 months ago.

Here I am

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2005, 23:56

Gosh Raven, you look so young, if it didn't say 18 on the door I would have thought 14. Embrace it, it will be a huge benefit when you are older. Thanks for sharing.

Tracy.

--------------
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2005, 03:14

This will have to do for now. It was taken on my 40th birthday in April.

[IMG]http://img361.imageshack.us/img361....MG]

I am on the left and still reasonably sober, my younger brother is on the right. It was taken at my older brother's house, in his kitchen for some reason.  :/

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2005, 04:46

Hi Raven,It's so nice to "see" you.Looking at your photo made me smile,and bravo for posting it.@Tracy,thanks for sharing so much about your life & family.I've really enjoyed reading/looking at the photos they're lovely.When I get the help from my busy son,will post something(be afraid,be very afraid) :O  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2005, 07:26

You can see my pic in my profile,but there's another I'd like to show ya,which was taken on the highest building from my city - Sao Paulo.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2005, 02:58

Great to see people posting at last.

@T4, a couple of handsome fellas there, are you English? You look more Meditteranean. Hope you stayed on your feet that night!

@Tansy, look forward to seeing your pic.

@Tati, always looking happy.

--------------
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Sep. 23 2005, 05:42

Haven't forgotten re:photo just that I don't have a scanner or anything,can't get bluetooth connection working ATM to transfer mob photos onto pc either & busy son still unable to visit & sort it all out.But I do have a nice photo of my grandson would you like to see him? :)
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Sep. 23 2005, 21:09

Its impossible for me to post a photo but
I can tell you that Im: male,  24years, 170cm, 54kg,
handsome.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2005, 23:07

Oh, to be 24 years old and 54 kgs again, well I was never under 60kgs! Now I'm exactly 21 years older and 21 kgs heavier, wow!

--------------
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2005, 05:28

Here's a photo of my grandson Andrew in one of his favourite "costumes". Not quite sure what he was hiding behind his back there :O  :)
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2005, 11:12

Here's a photo of me (on left) and my family @ my 40th Birthday celebration this month :-)

Click here for photo if it does not show.

BTW - Groovy Granny - no photo on your post!

From left to right: Me, Melody (10) , Shendy (my wife), Matthew (2) and Gideon (8) below us all.
We're living in Singapore where all my kids were born. I'm Enlish (from Northamptonshire) but have been living in Singapore since 1988 and got married to Shendy (who's a Singaporean) in 1994. I work as a Pastor in a local church in Singapore.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2005, 18:05

OK, Groovy Granny tried to post a photo that was too big so we have fixed that problem and she will try again.

Tim, you seem to have tried a few different methods there. The main two things you/everyone need(s) to know is that there is a 100kb size limit, won't accept anything bigger, so keep your pics under that. And they take a few days to show up because they have to be approved by the moderators first. So if you are not sure if it worked or not, it is better to wait a few days before trying again.

So make sure your pic is the right size, then simply click the browse button and extract the photo from your personal files.

What a beautiful family you have Tim, names and ages? Tell us a little about yourself. You can edit your last picture post and add some information about yourself and your family.

Ciao,
Tracy.

--------------
Profile PM 
MikeAholic Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2005, 04:00

This is my family taken two years ago. From right to left: my son Kevin (now 15 and registered as TubularTaurus in this forum)  my wife Alexia and me (Erik).

I am a self employed IT-programmer/consultant, living in Antwerp, Belgium (and that's Western Europe).

I discovered Mike's music way back when Tubular Bells came out, when my niece (which was far more progressive than me), proclaimed that she had found something new and exciting.

I immediatly liked the album, especially the end of the first side. I bought it, and later on when to buy some subsequent LP's when they came out (Crisis and EQ2 among them). But the intrest in Mike's music  died down after that.

A few years later, I remember reading in the news paper that the BBC was going to broadcast Tubular Bells II. I was thinking: 'who the hell is interested in a live performance of that' ? So I didn't watch :/ .

A few months later, I came across the actual CD of TB II and decided to give it a try, regardless of my feelings of before.

It turned out to be (from a music point of view, of course :) ) the best dicision of my life.

From the moment I put it into the CD player and heard Sentinel, I simply fell in love with his music al over again, wondering why I hadn't bought any Oldfield CD's until that time (I had given away all my records to a real collector).

At this moment, I have al official CD's and DVD's in my collection (I'm just sad that there seem to be so many other and rare versions, and I have not a single clue where to get hold of them).

As with all artists: I don't like everything on every CD, but on every CD there is enough goose bomping music for me to justify every Euro cent.

And yes, the same goes for L&S.

Now there, is that enough for this reply ?   :D

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
I sure hope that Mike realises what joy he brings to us !
Profile PM WEB 
MikeAholic Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2005, 04:01

Kevin (TubularTaurus on this forum) taken at his 15th birthday this month.

You see that he is a great Star Wars fan : look at www.kevinwankenobi.com. The Dutch version has far more pages than the English version, but you will get an idea.

You should see the discussion among SW-fans between die hard fans who only like the original three movies, and the other who at least have an opinion on all 6 movies. A bit like the discussions here in the forums among the first Mike Oldfield CD's and the latter  :p

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
I sure hope that Mike realises what joy he brings to us !
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2005, 21:46

Welcome Erik, Alexia and Kevin. I got my son that Star Wars edition of Trivial Pursuit for Xmas (and he collects Star Wars Chess sets too). I couldn't believe how many of those questions he could answer, I mean the general Trivial Pursuit game is hard enough but (is it?) 20,000 questions about one thing?! I was impressed.

Here finally is Sandras (Groovy Granny) lovely grandson Andrew. Of course he's almost 21 now! (joke)

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Sep. 30 2005, 00:19

her iam... I will nooot give you a smile picture tubularbelle he he..
:zzz:
i dont like my look when smiling.. hah!!
so you canget my smile here!

:D

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2005, 03:25

Many thanks Tracy,for sorting it all out for me.I'll post another one soon,showing all of Andrew's face and with him not hiding arms :)

And to everyone else who has contributed to this section-nice to see you :D
Profile PM 
Tas Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2005, 04:14

oh well... here goes....

As suggested a little about myself...

I'm from the UK. Devorced with 2 children (live with their mother though :/ ). One Girl aged 9 and a boy aged 5

Found Mike oldfield by chance from none other than a commodore 64 home computer (The music played in a game or something and thought wow whats this?) So, did a little reasearch and been a fan since around 1989 ish.

I have reciently closed down my own company (record label/music publishing) and now work for a company whose name i can't reveal (sorry).

Aged 33 and from the UK (Doncaster). I write for music4games.net and am co-editor of remix64.com in my spare time.

Thanks for the welcome TubularBelle :)

http://www.remix64.com/images/people/r64_neil.jpg
Profile PM 
479 replies since Sep. 05 2005, 23:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (24) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net