Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 29 2011, 17:11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AknDZPykAWw&feature=related

Sorry the accent made me giggle :D
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 30 2011, 00:01

"Maggie Rilly" :) Perhaps Ugo can translate what he said at the end. It ended with "bars"from "Foreign Affair", so maybe there was an amorous interchange!

One of the high spots of martial arts is when they play in the background a manic trance version of "Moonlight Shadow".
Profile PM 
Herod Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2011, 04:36

Thisi is a very popular tv show in Italy. It's called "I Migliori Anni" ('The Best Years' ) and it is a revue of important events of the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's, most prominently hit songs of the above decades.

Maggie of course was invited for 'Moonlight Shadow'.

I agree that the dances were terrible...

Carlo Conti, the presenter, after the song, was talking about Maggie's other hits, such as 'To France' and 'Foreign Affair'.

And as for the 'Rilly/Really' thing... don't blame us italians if we pronounce words as they are written... it's YOU anglophones who have weird ways of pronuouncing words!!!  :D

I've been speaking english for 24 years, and nevertheless it took me ages to get accustomed to say Reilly in the right way!!!

--------------
The last 80 seconds of 'Amarok' are one of the reasons for being happy to live in this planet.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2011, 04:53

Really  :laugh:  :D  ;)
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2011, 07:46

:D Don't get importance of what English speaking men are saying  !! and particularly Australians , Australia has been discovered first by a French mariner !!!! So they should talk a nice language instead of their weird blablabla !!!!  :p  :p  :p
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2011, 08:00

:? .. oops ! after reading my post , i just can see i'm wrong because i think now after a Google search that the first mariner to watch Terra Australis was Dutch  ( lol not the Flying Dutchman ) ....and maybe Portuguese ! So this is not La Perouse or Cook !
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2011, 15:07

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Jan. 30 2011, 12:46)
their weird blablabla !!!!  :p  :p  :p

:D

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2011, 15:24

Blablabla. It's a fair point :D
Streuth Crikey Howzat
I'll get me digeredoo ;)
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2011, 15:35

:D I like the sound of the didgeridoo
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2011, 18:18

Quote (milamber @ Jan. 30 2011, 15:24)
I'll get me digeredoo ;)

I'll get me nulla-nulla  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2011, 23:36

Quote (nightspore @ Jan. 31 2011, 10:18)
Quote (milamber @ Jan. 30 2011, 15:24)
I'll get me digeredoo ;)

I'll get me nulla-nulla  :laugh:

Yes bring that too

:p
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2011, 23:41

Ha ha - if Mr O is watching over us, maybe he'll amend the warning on the remastered Amarok to read "coral ear" rather than "cloth ear"!
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2011, 02:09

It's not that I have an aversion to Ommadawn either - it's obviously as melodic and beautifully played as any of the others - it's just that its melodies tend to descend, creating (IMO) a rather subdued feel. You get a basically descending melody in "Celt" as well, of course: but then that beautiful soaring guitar solo appears, rising above everything, and you can't help but feel something mysterious, special and joyous has happened. And the racing-heartbeat drums, present from the start, prepare us for the moment when it comes.
Profile PM 
Hastengas Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2011, 12:03

Walking around the garden centre the other day, I came across a carton of "Rooting Gel" I thought...I must take that and show the kids downunder, they will find it funny...dont mean anything here in Blighty other than a gel that helps root bonding :p  My Mrs nearly fell over laughing when she saw it.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2011, 19:27

Quote (Hastengas @ Feb. 02 2011, 12:03)
Walking around the garden centre the other day, I came across a carton of "Rooting Gel" I thought...I must take that and show the kids downunder, they will find it funny...dont mean anything here in Blighty other than a gel that helps root bonding :p  My Mrs nearly fell over laughing when she saw it.

Yes, poor Wiga made the mistake last year of saying she was "rooting" for someone, much to the mirth of Milamber and me.

The way you started your post I thought you were going to give us a cover version of "Talk About Your Life". Well, maybe you did!  :laugh:
Profile PM 
14 replies since Jan. 29 2011, 17:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net