Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: M.C. for 30th Anniversary of T Bells< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
David Mar Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 12 2002, 05:34

Can anyone tell me where I can send in my ideas? Mike said in the Stuart Maconie interview that they had it on his website, but I can't find it!!

One idea I have is impressionist Alaistair Macgowan - He could one impression or several different ones for the announcement of each instrument!
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2002, 06:18

Try here: http://www.mikeoldfield.org/, which mentions the MC vote. And gives you an email link to send your preference(s) to.
Profile PM WEB 
iancampbell79 Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2002, 06:44

I tried to send in a suggestion from my yahoo account and it was rejected!  It said their server had been told not to accept emails from me!

Is this a general thing for yahoo accounts, or am I being picked on!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 12 2002, 14:12

The subject has been discussed a bit on the forums at Mike's website as well, though I don't know if he'd thank me if I encouraged people to post there about this subject, as that's not what those forums are meant for...

There's an older discussion in this forum which people have been using to post their suggestions - members of Mike's team have been known to browse this site, so it's not totally unlikely that suggestions made here will be seen by him.
Profile PM 
David Mar Offline

Posted: Aug. 15 2002, 05:30

I was just thinking - perhaps Alaistair Magowan and Ronnie Ancona could do the Royal Family or the Royale Family!! They are known in a lot of countries of the world, so overseas fans would recognise their voices!! :)  :)
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: Aug. 15 2002, 18:29

Mike just confirmed on BBC Radio 2 that he has made an agreement with the soon-to-be MC, although no contracts have been signed. He didn't say who it would be, but agreed to say who it was not. Mike confirmed that it is not Tony Benn, Rowan Atkinson, Cilla Black, or Richard Madeley. If you don't live in the UK then I can assure you that this is a good thing! It seems unlikely that it will be a comedian as Mike said that the voice certainly had a lot of 'gravitas', presumably meaning that they have an important, commanding voice perhaps. Maybe it really could be Nelson Mandela - I may be wrong but as I understand it Nelson Mandela had agreed to do something for the Millennium Bell but he was too busy (or something). Hmm, the mystery continues...

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 16 2002, 13:28

patrick stewart patrick stewart patrick stewart

pleeeeeaaaseee  :D

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Vill
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 16 2002, 15:42

Shame, Rowan Atkinson has a great voice. So does Patrick Stewart.
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2002, 03:45

I agree with Patrick Stewart as the voice. He definately has an important, commanding voice. So does Sean Connery, and he's on the 'top 20' list as well.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2002, 16:46

If Mike has said his has an agreement with the new MC,i guess that means it won't be Mike himself doing the job!!!.The plot thickens.
Profile PM 
9 replies since Aug. 12 2002, 05:34 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net