Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: May I introduce myself?, A fan since the age of 10 (1976)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Chris Ibberson Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 12 2011, 08:08

It could take me a few months to plough through every forum, but try I will. I am 44 hailing from Rotherham S.Yorks, but living in Amersham Bucks since 1990. My first awareness of Mike Oldfield came in a junior school assembly. Our new headmaster played a snippet from Ommadawn pt one and told us a little about Mike,Tubular Bells and this beautiful newbie Ommadawn. It started with the glorious recorder/fanfare at 6 minutes in. I was hooked. Christmas 1976 Ommadawn and Tubular Bells duly arrived. I have to confess that I did also love Agnetha of Abba and shortly afterwards Kate Bush, but for pure musical joy...Mike.  No one at school my age gave tuppence Ha'penny for instrumental music so I had Mike all to myself.  Years go by and I also love Tangerine Dream,Bjork,Yes,Renaissance,Goldfrapp,and many others but it is Mike Oldfield 1972-1983 that is my great love.THere are of course many gems that followed this era.
I have worked as a Nurse for 25 years in total, stress a plenty,It is very fortunate to have Argieres Wonderful Land Ommadawn etc . Best wishes to everyone who contributes or simply enjoys this website. Chris.

--------------
Diana Luna Lucina
Profile PM 
Hastengas Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 19 2011, 23:40

Hi Chris
Welcome to the site. Lovely story regarding how you came into contact with MO's music. Im from your era, so I have to say, who wasnt just a little bit in love with Agnetha?
I too like TD amongst many others......I think my love of intrumentals goes way back to Telstar and the theme music for the Tokyo Olympics and then late on with Springwater's I will return.....Ive never looked back....I still to this day have a preference for all things instrumental.....I saw the new Eric Banna Film "Hanna" last week, and afterwards said...Ive just got to get the soundtrack.....a brillian piece by the Chemical Brothers....anyway, I digress...welcome again to the site.
Terry.....Sydney via SE London (and many other destinations along the way)
Profile PM 
1 replies since Aug. 12 2011, 08:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net