Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mastermind moment< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Pendragon Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 01 2006, 19:36

Earlier this week, I read my fortune cards.  Shocked to discover my future will include acquiring the power to influence and manipulate others, I've struggled all week with moral discomfort.  The reading also said the root of this quest was love, pure sweet love.  It made no sense to me.

Just now I was sitting on the deck, enjoying the fresh spring green of the trees, quality of the light, my brand new MP3 player.  Clicking along, searching for the perfect music for the moment, I came across Mastermind.  I cranked the sound up.

Partway through something occurred to me.  In an instant I understood what the reading meant.  As the phrase "Mastermind" filled my head, I saw a way to nurture a project that has the potential to ripple out and positively influence my entire community.  I will need to influence people to make this reality happen.  What a gift to be a Mastermind!  What is "love" indeed.  :)

As an added bonus, the realization brought a moment of pure joy.  It felt so good to laugh so deeply.

Thanks for the moment Mike.
Profile PM 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2006, 08:05

It's a weird and very nice thing that a certain song suddenly got more meaning to you than before, because of a fortune card. That is a great thing.

I have had the same too with other tracks. It wasn't before I drove in the car on holiday to spain (I was not driving myself, I was 10 at the moment) that I really got 'hit' by Tubular Bells. Suddenly it clicked. It made the landscape I saw outside of the car complete.
And I remember walking along a seashore, and Incantations played in my head. Suddenly the music meant such a lot to me. And now everytime I hear that now, I feel like walking along that beach in the summertime. (I know it's a bit obvious, because of the cover, but still).

I haven't really had that click with Mastermind yet, but maybe I will... maybe I'll see it one day on TV, being used as background music to a chess programme, or a game show. Maybe then suddenly I'd go: 'wow, now this fits the song' and then you get attatched to the song lots more probably...

But don't believe fortune cards too much!! If I'd have believed some, I'd be a millionairre now, with a swimming pool, having a great career and 5 kids  :p

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
SpecTal16000 Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2013, 05:45

I've been re-listening to this recently. I was amazed by the track initially at the CD store, I thought I had to buy it despite the other worthless tracks. I always thought the guy says 'What is Art' ? which is a mastermind concept. But now I read it as also 'What is R' because I made some notes earlier on about 'R-type' and 'S-type' concepts. Do I wanna go to the R-type reality or the S-type.... I like both. The T-type may exist also.
Profile PM 
2 replies since June 01 2006, 19:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net