Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Man on the Rocks track by track comments< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 31 2014, 11:19

Mike is commenting his latest album Man on the Rocks track by track in this video on the official VEVO YouTube channel (only available in certain countries). Also, Caroline Monk has confirmed that the next single is Moonshine.

Update Apr 4: now more broadly available
Profile PM 
iwaniuch Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 31 2014, 13:51

Is there any officially-sold single for "Sailing"? I mean a CD with the very track and (maybe) some additional stuff... ;)
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: April 01 2014, 07:08

I thought that about Saling too, I bought the video from iTunes, but I didn't think it was an official single release. So, I wonder if Moonshine will get some official release, it is in my view the best song on the album.
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 07 2014, 11:31

I love how Mike talks about Chariots, his favorite, as the riff is also my favorite part of the album (proof). That and the beginning of the title track. Feels good to think alike Mike somehow, rarely happens to me (but I don't know if he really tells what he thinks, so...). I also felt good recently when he admitted it was B/S saying that TB opening riff was Bach's Toccata upside down.
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: April 07 2014, 16:44

It is great to hear, track by track, Mike's account of the songs. They are each so personal and honest, expressing feelings that maybe we are sometimes unable to properly recognise or even try to ignore.

I also feel there is a lot of love in this album...love in its many shades and complex, convoluted forms.  Not always easy to deal with but real nevertheless.

Somehow he manages to acknowledge the most elusive feelings.  He can still do that....which makes me look forward to the next album, where, if not in song format, he'll be able to develop themes and let them grow and weave together like all his great albums...Tubular Bells, Hergest Ridge, Ommadawn and Amarok (to name a few).

He looks so relaxed in this little video too, which is good to see....and I really loved the sound of the birds in his garden as he was speaking! (I have very annoying wood pigeons...not quite the same!;)  

I still love Dreaming in the Wind....best of all...musical poetry for me...can't put it in words at all...it's just...something very special...

;)  :)  :)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
sEIGu Offline

Posted: May 29 2014, 14:49

Germany f*cked again... :/

--------------
sEIGu
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: June 05 2014, 09:25

I really don't see the point in making video's like this unavailable in certain countries. Clearly Mike has a world wide fan base, and there is no bad language or nudity in his releases, so what's the problem?
Profile PM 
Platinumpty Offline

Posted: June 05 2014, 10:21

Actually, Mike is nude in this particular clip and swearing like a trooper.
Profile PM WEB 
Covenant Offline

Posted: June 05 2014, 10:53

Quote (Platinumpty @ June 05 2014, 15:21)
Actually, Mike is nude in this particular clip and swearing like a trooper.

And smoking!!!
Profile PM 
8 replies since Mar. 31 2014, 11:19 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net