Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Man on the Rocks acoustic video< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 18 2014, 15:35

A video of an acoustic performance of Man on the Rocks has been released on the via the official VEVO channel on YouTube. It features Mike and Luke Spiller performing the song together in the Bahamas.

Update: We're told that the video is unfortunately unavailable in Germany

Update 19th February: The video seems to have now been changed to private and can't be seen in any country, a couple of messages indicate it might be available again from 21st February

Further update 19th February: It's now available again! A video for the studio version of the track is also available on the VEVO site, though viewers in some countries will be redirected to the acoustic performance video instead.
Profile PM 
Andy_Swizz Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 18 2014, 15:37

Absolutely brilliant,very gilmour/floyd wish you were here ish.
Profile PM 
MasterGeek.MX Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2014, 16:27

Interesting...

now to wait the studio version.

--------------
Hailings from a Mexican Mike Oldfield's fan.

Y chingue su madre el que no le guste Campanas Tubulares!
Profile PM 
captain cavern Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2014, 18:48

Great voice. Nice tune.
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2014, 20:03

Album version is even better !!!!! :)
Profile PM 
stpaul Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2014, 23:59

album version

This is the album version and it's very good. After Sailing I'm more than surprised.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 19 2014, 00:28

I think we have another please don't post this msg coming our way..might be wrong.
What a kerfuffle..Great track tho.
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Feb. 19 2014, 06:00

Quote (Milamber @ Feb. 19 2014, 06:28)
I think we have another please don't post this msg coming our way..might be wrong.
What a kerfuffle..Great track tho.

All the links to the album version have been deleted from Mike Oldfield Personal and Mike Oldfield on Record Facebook groups. Why they do this is beyond me. If they want to sell the album, they should release the album version first. I think it's obvious that a great many fans will absolutely hate hate hate an ex tempore version with only vocals and strumming, which can already be seen in the comments on Tubular.net's Facebook page.

And they're using geoblocking again! The acoustic version can't be viewed in some countries, and while I can watch that, I can't see the album version.

My advice to the record company is: when Oldfield, then musical instruments. A song is ok, but don't forget the instruments. Even if it's the best song in the world, don't forget the instruments. And don't block it in any country, you fools!
Profile PM 
sagan2 Offline

Posted: Feb. 19 2014, 09:23

I managed to hear it probably the very moment they put it on youtube (some synchronicity, I'd say :) ) and was too confused by it to download mp4 unfortunately because now it is gone...It is really great, I was really impressed by Luke's singing....and was taken by the energy flowing both ways between Mike and Luke, it was so long time ago when this happened last time for Mike....Great!

--------------
www.soundcloud.com/sagan2-1
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Feb. 19 2014, 10:31

Both versions no longer available and very likely the one available again on the 21st via VEVO and DailyMotion will be the unplugged acoustic version ... Great but not the best ..... Very hard not being able to listen to the album version for the next two weeks .... It's so so good ! :)
Profile PM 
Andy_Swizz Offline

Posted: Feb. 19 2014, 13:12

Quote (HuanCry @ Feb. 19 2014, 10:31)
Both versions no longer available and very likely the one available again on the 21st via VEVO and DailyMotion will be the unplugged acoustic version ... Great but not the best ..... Very hard not being able to listen to the album version for the next two weeks .... It's so so good ! :)how did you manage to get the studio version

How did you manage yo get a copy of the studio version
Profile PM 
crises1980 Offline

Posted: Feb. 19 2014, 13:15

Well, it seems the video is public once again.

And if you want to listen to the album version, just go to vevo.com and search "Mike Oldfield - Man on the Rocks". Despite it says "acoustic version", it's a different video with the album version. Magic! AND it's the OFFICIAL channel, of course.
Profile PM 
Andy_Swizz Offline

Posted: Feb. 19 2014, 15:00

Quote (crises1980 @ Feb. 19 2014, 13:15)
Well, it seems the video is public once again.

And if you want to listen to the album version, just go to vevo.com and search "Mike Oldfield - Man on the Rocks". Despite it says "acoustic version", it's a different video with the album version. Magic! AND it's the OFFICIAL channel, of course.

Got to say both versions are unbelievable,never thought mike had them lyrics in him.he must have took up don blacks request on song construction.
Profile PM 
First_Excursion Offline

Posted: Feb. 19 2014, 15:57

:zzz:

Painful.

I am happy for you guys that enjoy it though.  :D
Profile PM 
Andy_Swizz Offline

Posted: Feb. 19 2014, 17:09

Quote (First_Excursion @ Feb. 19 2014, 15:57)
:zzz:

Painful.

I am happy for you guys that enjoy it though.  :D

Seriously, suppose you'd prefer an album of innocent,saved by the bell.times move on and record company's don't take kindly to music stuck in the 80s.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Feb. 19 2014, 18:24

I'm guessing that different countries have different contracts - Mike's Universal/Virgin deal is complicated and they also sell "exclusives" to various people - like the Telegraph in the UK.

So the Vevo people are putting up various versions - which I get.

What is NOT good is that Caroline isn't told until after the event, and then has to do teh record companies dirty work in deleting posts that help to violate those restrictions.

much easier to say - " For X territory see this link, for y territory, use this" - because us fans would never share another dodgy link to each other, would we
;)

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Black Bunik Offline

Posted: Feb. 20 2014, 06:50

They should stop using territorial restrictions on the internet. Nowadays it is completely meaningless. You can go around it anyway.
Profile PM 
equinoxe Offline

Posted: Feb. 20 2014, 10:54

I really like the MOTR track a lot! Especially the second part, when the music comes massive and dynamic.
I'am very impressed about the choirs, expanded multiple guitars solo and very strong and nice voice provided by Luke.
It's sound really amazing and after rather poor Sailing track, i think it can be a solid album over all :)
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Feb. 20 2014, 11:50

Sailing is not a poor track .. It's a FUN track !!!!  :p
Profile PM 
First_Excursion Offline

Posted: Feb. 20 2014, 23:32

Quote (Andy_Swizz @ Feb. 19 2014, 17:09)
...suppose you'd prefer an album of innocent,saved by the bell.times move on and record company's don't take kindly to music stuck in the 80s.

Innocent; Saved by a Bell? Eeeeew. They make me cringe too; and I think this does sound stuck in the 80's. ;)
Profile PM 
34 replies since Feb. 18 2014, 15:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net