Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Maggie Reilly re-records Moonlight Shadow, ...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
3Wheeler Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 12 2009, 07:16

New Interview on at moment on Blast 1386   ...  Yeah !!! :cool: Sat 12 -1pm..  No Bad Vibes all good Stuff....

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
ommadawn34 Offline

Posted: Dec. 30 2009, 19:58

Where are we going with this now and what relevance has this to Maggie. As far as i can see now the topic has been exhausted and both Maggie and Mike desrve to be allowed to continue on their journey of discovery ......................
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2010, 03:20

Billy Butler Interviewed Maggie Yesterday on Radio Merseyside.
Hear it on Link 30 Minutes in....

Never Heard that song "Life after John" a Mike Oldfield one it Appears.. Anyone got a Copy of it ???  PM me if youve got a MP3 cheers...    

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p006j1rd/Billy_Butler_25_02_2010/

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2010, 05:40

Quote (3Wheeler @ Feb. 26 2010, 08:20)
Billy Butler Interviewed Maggie Yesterday on Radio Merseyside.
Hear it on Link 30 Minutes in....

Never Heard that song "Life after John" a Mike Oldfield one it Appears.. Anyone got a Copy of it ???  PM me if youve got a MP3 cheers...    

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p006j1rd/Billy_Butler_25_02_2010/

Oh there`s definetly a little bit of "under current" there I`d say,heh heh. "So was To France the follow up to Moonlight Shadow then Maggie" ? "No,no that was Mistake,(aside) which it was"  :D

So yeah Life After John,I`ve never heard of it.Does sound very much like a Mike Oldfield song,and most probably with Mike playing on it by the sounds of things.And he tried to "sneak it out" ay under Maggie`s name the crafty devil...tsk tsk.She tries to be blase/diplomatic does`nt she?Does`nt really pull it off though.1987 it was "released" apparently.

I don`t want to cause a big stampede or anything,but it`s actualy up on ebay at this very moment buy it now £9:39.No mention of Mike,listed only as Maggie Reilly.     Link

If I was`nt completely potless at the moment I`d probably buy it myself.
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2010, 08:31

Cheers Dirk... Ill let you Know how it Sounds when it turns up.. :) :cool:

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2010, 21:53

Nice one 3wheeler.I did a little bit of searching online earlier as I could`nt believe I`d never heard of this track previously.Anyway I`m pretty convinced now that Life After John is actualy a Mike Batt song,who I know Maggie has also worked with a few times.Maggie just mentions working with "Mike" in the interview,and then Billy goes into talking about To France so I guess that`s how we both got confused.Apologies to Mr Oldfield on my behalf.

Kind of makes more sense to me now as well regarding the fact that Batt put it out without her consent.Years ago Captain Sensible agreed to sing a vocal for The Snooker Song on Mike Batt`s musical concept album The Hunting Of The Snark by Edward Lear.( "Don`t worry,it wont be used for anything else" ,he was assured) And then of course much to the good Captain`s severe annoyance and dis-pleasure,it ended up being used as the theme tune to Big Break.What probably made it doubly annoying was the fact that Mr Sensible had already made it perfectly clear what his opinion of Game Show`s were twice over in song form.....            Come On Down    Silly Kids Games I can`t imagine he was too fond of Jim Davidson either,but then who in their right mind is?

An alternate version of Life After John turns up on this album here Anna Maria Kaufmann A Song Cycle by Mike Batt...I wonder if he meant John Virgo?
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2010, 03:31

Ah right .. I Bought it Blind!!   It must be Rare anyhow..  The Mike Batt  thing could be right... In her Previous Interview on "Blast" a few Months ago Maggie Reilly Mentioned she actualy Did the Vocals for the "Whole" of the" Hunting of the Snark" album but the Record Companies didnt go with it and the "Tape" was Lost or Wiped..    So this could be something to do with that.. Maybe a Outake..  " Life after John" and Yes the B side "meanwhile Back at my Heart" is on that Single so its deff a Mike Batt Project of some type..  He did the "Flairck" album in 86 as well, where he basically sampled "Tricks of the Light" off Discovery into the Record..  with Maggie doing 3 Songs on that to..  Interesting  :cool:

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2010, 08:25

I must admit I did feel a little better you`d bought it 3wheeler as I knew you were a fan of both Maggie & Mike Batt.And yeah I`m guessing it will be pretty rare given Maggie`s story about her agent getting it withdrawn.
Profile PM 
47 replies since Nov. 05 2009, 11:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net