Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Maggie Reilly, Latest< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Starwatcher Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 31 2012, 16:06

You may have seen them already, but I've noticed some videos of her recent acoustic tour in Germany have been posted on Youtube.

According to those videos it must have been a fine acoustic experience in private atmosphere. I hope that the attendance has been good enough to motivate Maggie to come back to Germany soon, especially to places that would be easier for me to reach. ;)  

And of course it would be desirable if she did a few gigs in her home country...

--------------
"...but every while I would remember..."
Profile PM 
Bradnorman Offline

Posted: April 01 2012, 14:50

Hi Christine

You may have seen them already, but there are two concert reviews on the Heartsong website (Münster and Duisburg) and lots of interviews and photos from recent years on the gallery page.  

http://www.maggiereillyfansite.nl/

Yes it’s strange that she didn’t do a concert in Frankfurt. I would have thought she’d have been guaranteed a ‘sell out’ in such a large city? Maybe next time around for you!

As for the UK? Well we can but wait and hope! :)

--------------
‘Is my team ploughing,  
 'That I was used to drive  
And hear the harness jingle  
 When I was man alive?'

Life is arbitrary
Profile PM 
Starwatcher Offline

Posted: April 14 2012, 16:43

Hi Lee,

I finally took the time to visit the Heartsong website, read the latest concert reviews and rummage around on the gallery page...

I'll have to return as soon as possible because you're right: It's really a fine and lovingly made fanpage full of rarities and with more up-to-date information than Maggie's official website. Thank you very much for your recommendation...

:)

--------------
Profile PM 
Bradnorman Offline

Posted: April 23 2012, 15:52

My pleasure. I've just noticed that her official website has been given a 'makeover'! It looks as though they're still working on it, as it's rather slow to load, but greatly improved nevertheless.  :)

--------------
‘Is my team ploughing,  
 When I was man alive?'

Life is arbitrary
Profile PM 
Starwatcher Offline

Posted: May 01 2012, 17:51

Wow, indeed I'm very impressed by the new design especially the beautiful pictures of the landscape. But unfortunately they seem to keep the white writing on black background which is really hard for my eyes to concentrate on. Don't know if this is just an individual problem of mine.

Still some parts cannot be loaded so I also think that it isn't completely ready yet. But I already enjoyed 'Winter Wonderland' today although we have the 1st of May...
;)

--------------
Profile PM 
Bradnorman Offline

Posted: May 05 2012, 15:26

Hi Christine.

There are some new photographs on her website gallery page, including a couple of really nice outdoor shots in the studio folder.

I'm going down to Mike's old territory for a two week holiday on the 12th of May. I'll be staying about 15 km from Kington on the English/Welsh border, and hope to do some walking on Bradnor Hill and Hergest Ridge, whilst generally soaking up the atmosphere and listening to the man's music! I haven't been for over a year now, so I'm really looking forward to it. Have you ever been there? :)

--------------
‘Is my team ploughing,  
 When I was man alive?'

Life is arbitrary
Profile PM 
Starwatcher Offline

Posted: May 13 2012, 19:02

Hi Lee.

There are some new photographs on her website gallery page, including a couple of really nice outdoor shots in the studio folder.

Nice pictures, really.  :)

I'm going down to Mike's old territory for a two week holiday on the 12th of May. I'll be staying about 15 km from Kington on the English/Welsh border, and hope to do some walking on Bradnor Hill and Hergest Ridge, whilst generally soaking up the atmosphere and listening to the man's music! I haven't been for over a year now, so I'm really looking forward to it. Have you ever been there?

No, unfortunately not. I've been in England only once so far: It had been in the early 90s, visiting London with a group of students for a week including a short trip to Brighton for a day. But of course I've already seen a few pictures of the territory (The Beacon, Hergest Ridge etc.) shown by some members of tubular.net here.

I wish you a great holiday full of "Mikey atmosphere" and "tubular feelings" (perhaps with a special drink on the 15th of May  ;) ... )   Enjoy it!

By the way, I'm also going for a one week holiday on the 19th of May to our German North Sea coast. Of course Mike's music will also accompany me there.   :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Bradnorman Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2014, 11:49

Maggie Reilly will be Johnny Walker's guest on the 'Sounds of the Seventies' programme on BBC Radio 2. this Sunday the 5th, at 15.00 GMT.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03nh60c

It should also be available to listen to on the BBC radio iplayer over the internet, for up to 7 days afterwards.      

My thanks to David Mar for the tip off!

--------------
‘Is my team ploughing,  
 When I was man alive?'

Life is arbitrary
Profile PM 
47 replies since Oct. 29 2011, 18:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net