[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Maggie Reilly, Latest< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Bradnorman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 29 2011, 18:38

BBC Radio Scotland on 21 Nov - 21/11/2011
Phil Cunningham (BBC Radio Scotland) talks to Maggie about her 5 favourite songs and what they mean to her. Tune in at 22:05 on 21 November to listen! If you miss it, you can listen again on the BBCiPlayer.

http://www.maggiereilly.co.uk/news.php  :)

--------------
‘Is my team ploughing,  
 'That I was used to drive  
And hear the harness jingle  
 When I was man alive?'

Life is arbitrary
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2011, 18:48

I will write a Guess list of 10 down and see how many I get.!!
Cheers...

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
Bradnorman Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2011, 09:11

Hi there!

According to the "Get ready to rock" website, in 2009, her favourite tracks were:

FINN BROTHERS Only Talking Sense
JOHN MARTYN Solid Air
THE CURE Lovesong
TOM PETTY & THE HEARTBREAKERS Luna
THE CARDIGANS Love Fool
CROSBY & NASH Wooden Ships
DR JOHN Rain
THE EVERLY BROTHERS Price Of Love

Wonder what she'll choose next time!  ;)

--------------
‘Is my team ploughing,  
 When I was man alive?'

Life is arbitrary
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2011, 09:28

Yeah Ive read a Few of hers in Bios etc.. But like anything else it Can change as Years Pass..   Like Most peoples do I guess..

--------------
Profile PM 
Bradnorman Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2011, 09:52

That's true. I was fortunate enough to exchange a few emails with her early this year. She seems really nice. Wish she'd do some UK gigs.

--------------
‘Is my team ploughing,  
 When I was man alive?'

Life is arbitrary
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2011, 12:54

Yeah She seems mainly to do gigs in Italy & Scandinavia most recently.. Although She did do a Special 2 Nights in Glasgow Last Year...   Seems a Lot of the Older Uk Artists only get Regular Gigs Abroad..

--------------
Profile PM 
Bradnorman Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2011, 13:17

There's a couple of fairly recent vid clips on Youtube of her  gig in Poland in May, which you may have seen. Amazing to think she's in her mid fifties now and she's still got that beautiful voice.

--------------
‘Is my team ploughing,  
 When I was man alive?'

Life is arbitrary
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2011, 20:41

From this recent video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eujFmLBqJqI

...poor Maggie  :/

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Bradnorman Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2011, 14:47

That's not the video I was referring to Tati!

I wish I hadn't seen that now - it makes me cringe! I mean -  I love the original, but that was just.....aaaaah! Why does she keep doing that? The money maybe? I wish she wouldn't!
She's written some nice songs of her own over the years. I'd rather listen to those. :(

--------------
‘Is my team ploughing,  
 When I was man alive?'

Life is arbitrary
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2011, 15:04

They Love the Older Retro Act Abroad.. Mainly the Continent for some Reason...  Guess the Invites are pretty  Common in Italy ,Germany etc for these type of   70s 80s Night Shows..

Theyre not interested in the UK ..  Yeah Shes got some Good Stuff on the Solo Albums.. But I guess its not well known enough to get the Promoters TV interested...

--------------
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 03 2011, 15:56

In defense of Maggie in Tati's video, if you close your eyes to avoid the out of synch audio and the strange dancing, I thought her vocal was pretty good! Backing track weak but to me she sounded just fine :)

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
stpaul Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2011, 04:18

The show is not my cup of tea, but she has a beautiful voice. It became a little bit deeper as you can hear during Foreign Affair. Nevertheless she's a very good live singer and I wished she had performed with Mike on NOTP in 2006.
Profile PM 
ProjectZ Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2011, 14:18

Quote (stpaul @ Nov. 04 2011, 10:18)

The song and Maggie are still great, the dancing thingy isn't really something for the song...

... and I wished she had performed with Mike on NOTP in 2006.

Well, they did ask her, but her financial demands were too high...

--------------
the VANGELIS forum : Invisible Connections ( http://www.vangelis.fr/ )
Profile PM WEB 
Bradnorman Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2011, 14:38

Yeah - I guess she’s got to go where the invites are. Can’t blame her for that I suppose.

I did close my eyes and put my hands over my ears! Your right though - she’s still got the voice.

NOTP - if only. That would have been fantastic!

I didn’t realise she’d been asked though. Bad decision on her part!!!       :/

--------------
‘Is my team ploughing,  
 When I was man alive?'

Life is arbitrary
Profile PM 
Bradnorman Offline

Posted: Nov. 20 2011, 11:40

Re: BBC Radio Scotland on 21 Nov - 21/11/2011
Phil Cunningham (BBC Radio Scotland) talks to Maggie Reilly.

Well it seems that I (and anyone else who might have been interested in listening to it) have been misinformed!

It isn't on tonight and there's no explanation as to why!!!

What's the point in having a website if it's not kept up to date?
:(

--------------
‘Is my team ploughing,  
 When I was man alive?'

Life is arbitrary
Profile PM 
Bradnorman Offline

Posted: Nov. 28 2011, 12:44

If anyone is interested - Maggie's website in the Netherlands tells us that the programme will now be broadcast early in the new year.

Well done 'Heartsong'! It would have been useful if her official site had provided the information first, or even responded to emails for that matter!:/

--------------
‘Is my team ploughing,  
 When I was man alive?'

Life is arbitrary
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Nov. 28 2011, 18:56

Quote (3Wheeler @ Nov. 03 2011, 21:04)
They Love the Older Retro Act Abroad.. Mainly the Continent for some Reason...  Guess the Invites are pretty  Common in Italy ,Germany etc for these type of   70s 80s Night Shows..

This is exactly how Maggie is perceived here. She's had one big hit here (well, two really) and she's only called to sing those, no-one cares about her own non-Mike material. But Italians do love her when she sings those two songs. :)

That said, I have to underline the fact that The Best Years, that particular show, is indeed a retro show, but it's not only concerned with the 70s and the 80s... it's concerned with the Sixties, the Seventies, the Eighties, the Nineties and even the early Two Thousands. :) I admit loving it because the people who run the show always choose very good songs and singers, and everyone sings live in there [no lip-synch from anyone!! :)]. Of course I loved Maggie's performance. She's still got a great voice indeed.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Starwatcher Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2012, 16:21

Last Friday night Maggie appeared in a German TV show on SWR-TV performing Moonlight shadow and Everytime We Touch. It was also a kind of 80 retro show but the singing was really live (with a small band). She did the two songs in a more "souly" way which fitted much better to her whole appearence than the performance shown in the video above.

I was very happy to see her and got the impression that she had lost a lot of weight in recent time, is that right?

Unfortunately I can't find any link to the show... Maybe there will be someone more clever than me in web searching...
:/

--------------
"...but every while I would remember..."
Profile PM 
Bradnorman Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2012, 14:29

Hi Starwatcher

Thank you for posting. I’ve just done a search on Google, and I found both songs on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXc5-JKYDZk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5KTlY2RaDw

I quite enjoyed those, especially ‘Moonlight Shadow’. They certainly were much better than the previous video. That was awful! I’m not sure who was backing her though. It wasn’t her own band.  

And you’re right - I think she has lost a lot of weight. She looks very well, and it was nice to see her again.         :)

--------------
‘Is my team ploughing,  
 When I was man alive?'

Life is arbitrary
Profile PM 
Starwatcher Offline

Posted: Jan. 21 2012, 14:11

Hi Bradnorman,

nice that you found these two clips. The musicians were the band of SWR-TV. They backed all the artists performing that evening.

Before the performance of 'Everytime We Touch' the presenter of the show had a short interview with Maggie. They had asked her to bring a video with her that she likes especially and she had chosen the original video of 'Everytime We Touch' because of her 4-year-old son starring in it. A small part of the video was shown (the little one was really cute!;) and Maggie told that it had been a strenuous day for him during the shooting of the scenes but that he also had had a lot of fun. She said that he is about 26 now and you could see that she's very proud of him.

It was so good to listen to her that evening and to see that she seems to be fine. She's a great artist and will always be one of my 'favorite voices'. You're a lucky one to get in touch with her via email...   :)

--------------
"...but every while I would remember..."
Profile PM 
47 replies since Oct. 29 2011, 18:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net