Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Maestro posters< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TOBY Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 01 2004, 06:25

Don't worry about it chap you didn't offend anyone.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2004, 06:17

Thanks. It just that what I mean and what I end up writing are two different things a lot of the time.

Getting back to the topic now, I think that posters or other merchandise is a great idea: there are some good ideas in the related topic in General Discussion, even if most of them have the tubular bell in them. The image is alright, but I'd prefer something like the Crises or TSODE album cover. I'd love to have a huge one of either of them signed by Mike and nicely framed.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2004, 09:07

Quote (raven4x4x @ Aug. 02 2004, 06:17)
there are some good ideas in the related topic in General Discussion, even if most of them have the tubular bell in them. The image is alright, but I'd prefer something like the Crises or TSODE album cover. I'd love to have a huge one of either of them signed by Mike and nicely framed.

It's pretty hard imagining anything like that happening at this point, that is, something related to neither TB(2003) nor MVR. However, the good thing with Crises and TSODE is that both of them have really good covers (the original "stingray" TSODE anyway, I've never really looked closely at the second edition) as well as being the most widely acclaimed albums of Mike's besides the TB series. But then, probably only "true fans" would buy merchandise anyway, and those perhaps would rather see something related to Ommadawn or Amarok (though especially in the first case I can't really imagine what kind of merchandise could go with it... no really  :) )...
Prints of all the Crises-related images (album and singles) could certainly be nice.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 02 2004, 10:15

At the moment at least, they're not interested even in Tubular Bells related items - it's strictly Maestro and Tres Lunas only. That could always change, especially with the release of the new album, but probably only if the Maestro posters prove worth their while. I would say that they're likely to not be interested in doing any further merchandise if these don't sell, even if there might be reasons for them not selling which wouldn't be a problem with other merchandise...
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 02 2004, 13:44

Is it possible that Mike has been trying to get away from his past musical glories? I dunno, but it sounds like that to me. Maestro hardly has any new music. TB2003 had no tour. He seems to be entirely dedicated to Maestro these days (even though he seems to be working on a new album). It sounds a bit suspicious to me. I think he had really high hopes for his MVR project, and he hoped that his fans would love it too. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

I dunno, just guessing.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2004, 15:39

I wonder if hardware problems are an unexpected downside. With Maestro, as with just about any computer program, you have to deal with sound/graphics/network card horsepower, performance, reliability, and compatibility.

With the albums, once you get past the basic "cannot be played on old tin boxes" requirements (i.e. if you have a record player or CD player, it plays ! ), you don't have these issues to get in the way of "consumer" enjoyment or to bedevil the creator with support concerns.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2004, 16:25

Is there anyone here who has bought and recieved it yet?

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2004, 19:19

yes, me, just received it yesterday and it's worth. half the view of the mothership from the outside, open dark air, sharp mountains coming out of the water, stairs to the sky and the huge atomium... surrealist  and mysterious.
my only criticism to the image is that it seems to me that the mountains on the right, the light on them is a bit too hard compared with the rest of light on the other mountains, it might be that the soil is different though, maybe granite  :-) however it's balanced with the top left full of metalic lights.

well, i must confess that it's sort of an odd pleasure to look at that signature and think it comes from the hand of a man that has given me such a lot of good moments playing his guitars (btw... i need more !! :D)

i'll keep it with lots of care :)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2004, 21:09

It was only a signature like this one?
Mike's Autograph
If so,something I was expecting  :laugh:

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
RaWi Offline

Posted: Aug. 21 2004, 10:19

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Aug. 17 2004, 21:09)
It was only a signature like this one?
Mike's Autograph
If so,something I was expecting  :laugh:

Hi,YES!
The autograph is very small written with a small pencil.You will find it on the medal (flower).
No individual words,no greeting.

Ralf
Profile PM 
49 replies since July 26 2004, 11:34 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net