Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Maestro available for download< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
oldfield_fan Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 14 2004, 04:47

Mike is hosting a game, so you'll have to join him, not the other way around. He's no longer a blue moth =)

The messenger system works like this. You can press the TAB-button to enable or disable the system. When it's enabled, press m, and you can write a new message.

All messages are global in the world, which means that wherever your are in the world, everyone will be able to read your messages. As far as I know, there's no way to send private messages to just a single person.
Profile PM 
mcguitar Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2004, 15:42

Flying around since yesterday.
It has a quit different feeling than Tres Lunas.
More to explore. You can realy walk with the dinasaurs or
seeing a white horse (tres lunas!;) now see running. There is also a Tres Lunas like forrest. Coloured chambers, Just a view to mention. The music is mainly TB2003 I heard till now. But there is other music. In the place where to free the birds you hear a harp like tune. While freeing the Birds after finding the Key there is a nice guitar tune other than TB.
This is just a short impression I have seen till know! But I gues many more to explore.

mcguitar :)
Profile PM 
the soil man Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2004, 16:12

Beautiful: I've been flying around for hours now - so much to see and do! I have had my first ride; with a somersaulting "angel", collected up to 9 medalions, and MANAGED TO CATCH A GRAVITAR AND COAX IT HOME! What an experience . . .

Well done, Mike! I am realy looking forward to finishing the game

FRED
Profile PM 
womega Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2004, 16:44

:O Hello everyone!
Nice to hear your positive comments for the 'Maestro'.
I just downloaded the 'Maestro' and no problems at all on downloading. But purchase code...?? Site's purchase link doesn't work, so I can not get a code. I also pushed browser's 'refresh' button several time, but no help for that.
I have to get that damn code :( ... Any hints?
:p
Profile PM 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2004, 19:15

Womega, when you start the game, there's a tab at the top called "Buy MVR". Try going this way to purchuse they game instead of using the website.

Hope this helps

/ Johan
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2004, 00:26

MAESTRO IS GREAT!!  

A bit on the extensive side without much explanation as to what in the world I'm supposed to do with all these surroundings!  

I think I've heard half of the TB2003 album in a short space.  That is the most disappointing part MORE Tubular Bells... GOD PLEASE NO MORE!!  It's bad enough I now have four versions of the damn thing to listen to (copyrighted - NOT copyrighted - and 5.1 - oh yes and the TB30 box set version.)

So far I've heard some nice new music that hopefully will be part of a new album er something anyway.  

As for the game play... well it's not quite as straight forward as TresLunas!  In TresLunas we triggered all these interesting themes and happenings.  
In Maestro I get a headache from too much room to roam and no idea what I'm supposed to do with it all!  Well then, I guess that was the idea wasn't it!?  More room - harder game play - no idea what to do with what - just do it and see what TB2003 clip I get this time.  Hmmmm, I think my head would hurt less by just putting on the album wouldn't it!  

This is NOT much of a chill out game anymore!  More like a computer game with no direction and then suddenly out of the blue something happens to you and you don't when, how or why, but someday your gonna find yourself way up high.  

TO HAVE TylenOL
TO HAVE TylenoL
and too pee
when I need a break
and if I get lost
I really won't find
myself
doin just fine

Just like a mental patient
I really will find
my brain (my brain)
hurtin all the time!

NO really, I'm just poking fun, because I have a headache from playing, but this is a REALLY great game - much more extensive than TresLunas and more interesting on the whole!  It is just really annoying to have no idea what I'm supposed to do with what and these objects floating around with no idea where I'll end up next.  And don't even get me started on the four doors that lead to another set of four doors and so on... DAMN!  

Really the only disappointing thing is NO IDEA what I'm supposed to do with what (can't you tell I feel this way!?) and that he used TB2003 for the soundtrack (GOD NO MORE TB unless I put it in the player!!!;)  

Other than that - a fantastic achievment to be appreciate, admired, and enjoyed (with a bottle of Tylenol handy!;) ;)

GREAT WORK MIKE!!! NOw about that new album........

Chris
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2004, 03:19

The game manual is included in the program menu - this is very helpful, especially in explaining the meaning of certain symbols (eg. the flowers near items on small pyramids represent the number of badges you need to enter that area).  :D

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
womega Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2004, 11:38

:O Oldfield Fan!! Thanks for your help. I got a code that way you mentioned. Thanks!
Profile PM 
martina
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 16 2004, 19:20

Can I play Maestro offline? I didn't try to download it yet, but having seen all the posts and info on mike's site, it looks like an online-only game. That would mean that I could play only the ripped audio - again  :/ ... I waited for soooo long to play Tr3s Lunas
olracUK Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2004, 19:28

you can play off-line, but might find it difficult (unless you are the thin man who did it in a day!;) to finish.

It's a LOT more involved than tres, many more areas to go and lots of things to try.

the music is mostly tb30, until you get near the end.

me...i'm about to give up on playing games forever beacause of this

:(  :(  :)

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Geinoh
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 16 2004, 19:30

Hello everyone,
I understand why Mike close forum of official site. I'm sorry the game Maestro is...really bad, really bad. The gameplay
is boring, the music is low in melody, and textures of the game... sorry are ugly.

For the music, Mike does not have much works, I think that it does not want any more to make music.Is he lost his feeling.  :/

All the tracks are extracts of Voyager or Tubular Bells 2003.

What's matter, Mike ?  :/
womega Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2004, 06:44

:O Mike has done a lot of good music, so what's your point?
'Tres Lunas' game is great. 'Maestro' game is great, but it's a little bit different like 'Tres Lunas'. If you are boring to play the games, then you have to play old vinyl records (no CD's) on your turntable and enjoy them and drink a cup of coffee. :)  Happy listening and playing!
Profile PM 
dreamweaver Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2004, 09:02

Quote (olracUK @ Mar. 17 2004, 00:28)
me...i'm about to give up on playing games forever because of this

Don't give up and don't lose heart ... this game is worth the effort.  :)

There's loads of time to get to know your way around the place and I know it's frustrating, I spent at least 30 minutes outside the ship from dino world and couldn't get back in - had to hit the F4 button, lost my medals and everything - it's a good job my pc can't swear back at me!

If my systems get up and running again, I could meet you in the game space - we can get lost and exasperated together!     :D

--------------
I sent my Soul through the Invisible,
Some letter of that After-Life to spell:
And by and by my Soul return'd to me,
And answer'd "I Myself am Heaven and Hell:"
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2004, 09:09

Does anybody know why, if Mastro is supposedly much bigger  in scope than TresLunas, it is 30MB smaller in file size? Is this because there's much less music?
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2004, 18:37

might well be. Also the music uses ogg compression technology. I'm not sure if Tr3s Lunas had this. There must also be advances in the graphics meaning smaller file sizes are possible
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2004, 02:13

?? Tr3s Lunas setup file is 53 MB to download, Maestro 69 MB, so which is bigger ??
And Tr3s Lunas already used OGG compression as well, btw.
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2004, 16:34

Sorry thats my mistake then. For some reason I thought TreLunas was about 85MB.
Profile PM 
zinc Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2004, 17:18

Ive now downloaded both Maestro mixes which have new music from the the game and I think they are both excellent so thanks to the people who made them.
I would love to hear any more music as people discover it from the new game. Hope we can look forward to another whole album soon. I have the music to MVR on CD and in my opinion its one of the best recordings i have ever heard.
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2004, 18:38

sadly that's all the new music found in the game. It may have all been discovered by the respective people who made the mixes, but the original sound files were ripped
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2004, 06:44

Where can you download these pieces from? I've yet to hear them.
Profile PM 
43 replies since Mar. 12 2004, 20:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net