Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: L+S in the media, Where have you seen it mentioned?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TOBY Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 02 2006, 13:19

Thanks very much TheMann, your words of encouragement are greatly appreciated, yeah I'd definitely love to do an album cover for Mike.

The (never to late) Januarly issue of Q magazine gives L+S two stars out of five but actually goes on to say quite nice things about it, an interesting new (?????) direction, good playing etc. Make of that what you will, Q magazine rubbished both Amarok and TSODE.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Jan. 03 2006, 19:00

Quote (Andylkl @ Jan. 01 2006, 00:22)
TubularBelle, could you be so kind as to pass me a link or a copy of the radio programme? It sounds very interesting!  :D

Sorry Andy, it was only a short term link that Tubularman sent me, perhaps he could be of more help to you. I tried to save it into my personal files but I lost it. This was one reason why I went to the trouble of recording what was on it (only in written form I mean), I only got to hear it once which was why I didn't have a chance to go back and confirm some of the tracks.

Cheers,
Tracy.  

Tubularman said he thought it was German radio.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
DarkFeline Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2006, 15:34

Quote (TubularBelle @ Jan. 03 2006, 19:00)
Quote (Andylkl @ Jan. 01 2006, 00:22)
TubularBelle, could you be so kind as to pass me a link or a copy of the radio programme? It sounds very interesting!  :D

Sorry Andy, it was only a short term link that Tubularman sent me, perhaps he could be of more help to you. I tried to save it into my personal files but I lost it. This was one reason why I went to the trouble of recording what was on it (only in written form I mean), I only got to hear it once which was why I didn't have a chance to go back and confirm some of the tracks.

Cheers,
Tracy.  

Tubularman said he thought it was German radio.

Ahh... it's alright then I suppose. Thanks nontheless. :)

--------------
Who's your mummy, where she go?
Profile PM WEB 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2006, 18:31

Quote (TheMann @ Jan. 01 2006, 08:25)
Understandable however, since popular music jounalists are very untalented in this country.

"Music critics: failed musicians with
tin ears and more-alternative-than-thou attitudes" - from

http://www.bostonphoenix.com/archive/food/99/04/29/UNCORKED.html

Reminds me of the old one:

"Those who can, do"
"Those who can't, teach"
"Those who can't teach, teach teachers"
"Those who can't teach teachers, administrate"

There is probably some similar line concerning music critics.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Robbie Offline

Posted: Jan. 22 2006, 06:03

Hi, i'm new on this forum.

Unfortunately, i haven't seen any promo if L+S in television or radio, but i saw ads on net sites! :)

I like this album!
Profile PM 
Tales of Zelos Offline

Posted: Dec. 18 2010, 00:27

I've not spotted any mention of this yet but Ken Bruce did another little favour around this time. His recorded show on Virgin Trains featured Surfing. In theory I should still have the on-train magazine with the tracklisting somewhere so whatever the date (might have been for 3 months) should be able to scan it.
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Dec. 18 2010, 01:24

i once heard that Mike did a video for Surfing? is that true or was this just an idea he had, then later on cancel?

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Dec. 18 2010, 16:35

Around the time it was released I heard an ad on the radio, but only once - and that was it.

@ tubularman: I think Mike was planning a video for "Surfing" in view of its possible release as a single. A single edit of the song does exist. But then the single was never released [or was it? I'm not sure...] and the plans for a video were scrapped.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Dec. 19 2010, 00:17

Quote (Ugo @ Dec. 18 2010, 22:35)
Around the time it was released I heard an ad on the radio, but only once - and that was it.

@ tubularman: I think Mike was planning a video for "Surfing" in view of its possible release as a single. A single edit of the song does exist. But then the single was never released [or was it? I'm not sure...] and the plans for a video were scrapped.

i have a single promo of surfing.. call it radio edit ;)
wish there was some video for this song, imagine mike playing this guitar solo..

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2013, 10:10

I think here's as good a place to put this as any.  I often find myself watching BBC News' technology programme Click on any of the showings at the weekend.  It's typically one of the very early morning shows so it's usually at very low volume but some unexpectedly familar arpeggiated sound got my attention this last weekend.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24179645

A random selection from someone's iPod perhaps, but perhaps they've used other choice background music.  I'm moderately surprised that Slipstream registered so quickly with me - I must have messed about with it in U-myx more than I realised!

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
29 replies since Sep. 30 2005, 20:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net