Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Long time gone., Hope you are all well!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Scatterplot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 07 2020, 05:55

I told you guys many years ago I would be looking in on you from time to time. I am a man of my word. I remember joining just as you all were embracing the release of MOTS circa 2008 or 9. I think it was 8. I remember enjoying posting in an endless thread for several years called "What are you playing this very second". I even remember the name of the guy who started that seemingly endless thread, "Baggies fan in Essex". I actually had to look that up circa 2009. "Baggies" were a football team and I read another fan of that team was Eric Clapton. So, it's 2020 is it? Our species is locked in a throat grip with an invisible enemy. I wish you all victory over this thing. So far I  have prevailed in this war by myself. I was just watching "Mike Oldfield live in Montreux 1981". I thought of tubular.net and our times together. Until next time, be well. Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: April 13 2020, 08:57

Hi Scatterplot. Good to see some people are still looking in on Tubular.net I don't think it has ever been so quiet on here. I hope Mike has been hard at work for the last 3 years making lots of music.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: April 13 2020, 21:30

Why should people wait years between posts? It's not as though they have to travel physically to the Bahamas, is it (although I've done that, and a very pleasant place it is too).

Also, they can't have been very keen on the music in the first place if they can suddenly lose interest like that.
Profile PM 
First_Excursion Offline

Posted: April 14 2020, 21:59

Quote (nightspore @ April 13 2020, 21:30)
Also, they can't have been very keen on the music in the first place if they can suddenly lose interest like that.

It doesn't mean they lost interest in the music. There's just no new music and no interesting discussions going on, it's mostly you making tenuous associations between random objects and Mike Oldfield.

e.g. sausages are tubular, toilet paper is tubular, the SNP logo is like an upside down Tubular Bell...

I do admire your dedication.  :laugh:
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: April 15 2020, 07:10

Quote (First_Excursion @ April 14 2020, 21:59)
Quote (nightspore @ April 13 2020, 21:30)

It doesn't mean they lost interest in the music. There's just no new music and no interesting discussions going on, it's mostly you making tenuous associations between random objects and Mike Oldfield.

e.g. sausages are tubular, toilet paper is tubular, the SNP logo is like an upside down Tubular Bell...

I do admire your dedication.  :laugh:

There were interesting discussions in the period 2010-2012, well after any new music was released.

Sounds like something is rubbing you up the wrong way, buddy... I wonder what...  :laugh:  :p
Profile PM 
First_Excursion Offline

Posted: April 21 2020, 03:53

Quote (nightspore @ April 15 2020, 07:10)
There were interesting discussions in the period 2010-2012, well after any new music was released.

There were interesting discussions before that too. I discovered this forum in 2005 I think but that wasn't a very good year for Mike Oldfield.  :p

I think you took my comment to heart, it was just for fun.  ;)

Do you remember the Amarok mailing list?
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 10 2020, 21:04

Is Tubular reasoning just circular thinking ??
Just with added bells and (tin) whistles
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Sep. 10 2020, 21:05

Hope your well Jimbo. And still enjoying your Porky Cut of HR.
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Posted: Sep. 14 2020, 18:43

Quote (First_Excursion @ April 21 2020, 08:53)
Do you remember the Amarok mailing list?

It's still going - it's been moderately active lately.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Sep. 15 2020, 02:49

Hi Thea, that's good about the Amarok mailing list, I wish things around here were a bit more lively, I am keeping my fingers crossed for a big announcement from Mike about a new album :)
Profile PM 
bluemlein Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2020, 11:55

OK, don't just stand there - find a topic to talk about.

such as

are there any painters whose works come to mind when you listen to an album - like  Amarok, an angry-camper rant that may have correspondences with abstract expressionists -
or maybe Hergest Ridge makes you think of Turner - ?

or

does on horseback make you want to stop doing your needlepoint? heading for a stable instead???

surely not all conversations here are devoted exclusively to music.
Profile PM 
10 replies since April 07 2020, 05:55 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net