Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Live webcast on 8 June 2001 5:30pm GMT< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 30 2001, 22:05

Mike answered questions at an exclusive non-live webchat on Friday 08 June at The Raft. The website features photos of the studio where 'The Best Of Tubular Bells' was mastered, and 2 TV ads. There is also a page about Music VR and a 37 minutes video of the webcast.
[updated June 08]
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: May 31 2001, 00:05

To avoid any disappointment through misunderstanding, Mike will be giving a webcast - you can send him questions, but the plan is not for a 'chat' as such.

Visit the site to send your questions to him in advance...
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 31 2001, 06:09

If we deluge the site en masse with the same question, it's bound to get an answer.

So which question do we ask?
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 31 2001, 06:12

To avoid any disappointment through misunderstanding, Mike will be giving a webcast - you can send him questions, but the plan is not for a 'chat' as such.

BUGGER! wink

-Tim-

Profile PM WEB 
Fox Offline

Posted: May 31 2001, 10:52

Well, it's a lot better than being left in the dark ;-). I say copy and paste all the good questions on the Tubular Web's poll and ask them to Mike directly this time!

I've got a few questions I'd like to ask that aren't on there!
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: May 31 2001, 13:16

i don't think i've ever heard the phrase "tubular bells" so many times within a matter of 30 seconds. lol.
i'm looking forward to the presentation though, and i'm glad it isn't going to be played in the middle of the night either, it'll be 12:30 pm here!

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: June 08 2001, 11:05

What is the time in Sweden @6.30 PM. I belive its 19.30 but I am not sure. Is ther someon who can tell me please?

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: June 08 2001, 11:44

Can I just say:

They've cheated. You can watch the webchat NOW (well, I am anyway)

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: June 08 2001, 12:34

Well I can't watch it. Just 404 site not found. WHY?????

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: June 08 2001, 12:39

Not sure. It's a 37min video (RealPlayer and Windows Media). My only advice is just go back to the Raft and keep trying. Otherwise, send the people at the Raft torrents of abuse for not answering enough questions.

-Tim- (slightly annoyed at what the webchat actually consisted of)
Profile PM WEB 
Jens Offline

Posted: June 08 2001, 14:00

I think it's nice. Mikes enthusiasm for MVR is quite catching.

Would have liked more questions to have been answered though.

Jens
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 08 2001, 14:40

Hey all!

It was great to hear some of your questions answered! Way to go! I thought the interview was interesting and entertaining (I, too, wish there had been more time for additional questions). It's funny what we pick up on, but I got a particular kick out of the "couch guitar" for some reason, and it was interesting to hear him speak of the magick of the pre-dawn countryside (singing birds, etc.), one of my favorite times of the day (to quote Paul Goble, "...when the birds are singing about the rising sun.")!

Nice to have a tour of MVR from the creator--I'm much more enthusiastic about the project. Hmm....on the ringed planets section--hope that the final version is more like the ST Voyager sequence when V. passes along the rings. ((-:

Regarding an actual tour, it should prove interesting--his idea about audience participation (i,e., using lights to manipulate the computer graphics) is already being used by planetariums (keypads instead of laser lights, though) and with continually advancing technology, will be more sophisticated in a year's time. Gee, in that one of his favorite concert experiences was playing at Carnegie Hall in NYC, perhaps he could be persuaded to return!

As an aside, in my usual time-challenged way I couldn't remember if I needed to tune in at 11:30 or 12:30. So...at 10:30-ish I logged in to check out software requirements -- thank the goddess for that! Had to download an updated version of realplayer! Then, I wandered back at 11:30 to check, and the interview seemed to be just commencing. Whew!

TTFN,

M-C

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: June 08 2001, 14:52

How did you mange to look at the webevent? I still cant see it!!!!

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: June 08 2001, 17:27

To watch it, you'll need either RealPlayer or Window Media Player...

But on what M-C says...

I logged on 'early' (that is, a little after 6pm here), so I could get the computer and everything was ready, etc...looked at the site, says it started at 6...Panic - "Aah, it's started already!"...so I open realplayer quickly and was a little suprised to see, just as M-C saw, that I'd just managed, by some miracle, to catch the very beginning...hmm, funny...then I noted that it was pre-recorded.
Looking at it, it's actually better that way, in many ways. Though we lose the excitement of a live broadcast, it means nobody misses it...and if your connection breaks up (as mine did), you can just go back on it...

Anyway, it was interesting to hear (and sort of see), great to get some questions answered and, well...let's hope that maybe Mike will carry on in this way while the momentum's still there...the fact that people feel not enough questions were answered just proves that he should do it again wink
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: June 08 2001, 20:17

I don't know if i'm stupid or what. I have both realplyer and Windows Media plyaer. Latest versions. But i can't see a thing. The only thing I get when i click on that link wich is supposed to lead to the video I get error 404 site can not be shown.

How did you do when you actually watched the video? Nothing works for me. I have tried several computers and my friends who whant to watch it are also unable to see anything. It can't depend on that we live in Sweden, that seems foolish. But it won't work with a computer here in Sweden. As I said I have tried many and also my friends who live's in other towns.

Pleas help!!!!!

Is there somewhere this film can be downloaded from?

--------------

Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: June 09 2001, 07:15

I was (and still am) able to watch it and I live in Finland. The 128 RealMedia stream worked quite fine (with ISDN). I had troubles with Windows Media: I got the sound only!

It's not meant to be downloaded. However I have tried a couple of programs that should do the trick. At the moment I'm trying to download the 300k ASF stream to my hard disk. (then it might be possible to make it available for downloading to others)

(See )

All this might not be perfectly legal though... :-/

I just *want* a copy of it! :-D

-mk-

Unregistered

Posted: June 09 2001, 07:18

Oops! You should have seen this too!

http://w1.463.telia.com/~u46307158/extfaq/software.html#asfrecorder
^NabLa^ Offline

Posted: June 09 2001, 07:19

I actually have the 300 kbps version of the chat on my HD, it is more or less 70 MB.
if you want to download it, search at yahoo asfrecorder. the only thing that you have to do is put the URL of the version that you want to download (it only works with windows media, not realvideo). for example, the 300k version URL to put on asfrecorder is http://www.virtuetv.com/music/interviews/mikeoldfield/oldfield20010608_250.asx
put that on "open url" on asfrecorder and give a name to the video.
you can stop the download when you want, and it is resumable. just use the same URL with asfrecorder and give the file the same filename on the same path (you´re not going to overwrite the incomplete file, asfrecorder will append it).

--------------
^NabLa^
Profile PM WEB 
^NabLa^ Offline

Posted: June 09 2001, 07:21

I actually have the 300 kbps version of the chat on my HD, it is more or less 70 MB.
if you want to download it, search at yahoo asfrecorder. the only thing that you have to do is put the URL of the version that you want to download (it only works with windows media, not realvideo). for example, the 300k version URL to put on asfrecorder is http://www.virtuetv.com/music/interviews/mikeoldfield/oldfield20010608_250.asx
put that on "open url" on asfrecorder and give a name to the video.
you can stop the download when you want, and it is resumable. just use the same URL with asfrecorder and give the file the same filename on the same path (you´re not going to overwrite the incomplete file, asfrecorder will append it).

--------------
^NabLa^
Profile PM WEB 
^NabLa^ Offline

Posted: June 09 2001, 07:30

oh, I forgot... the videos are here wink
http://www.virtuetv.com/music/interviews/mikeoldfield/

--------------
^NabLa^
Profile PM WEB 
38 replies since May 30 2001, 22:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net