Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: live tubular bells< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
maria Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 03 2002, 15:28

now that tubular bells is coming again i'm frequently listening to it, well, not only tb, but tbll, tblll and some live versions... and definitely i further prefer tb

the exposed version (79 european tour) is very rich for me because it has the nice mood and simplicity of the concert in the knebworth festival (my favourite) and the orchestra gives a kind of soft background
to the wild moves of the guitars...
in part a there's a strong moment which is announced by the piano with the central tune...three guitars i can recognize maybe more... brilliant rythm there... around the 14 minute...  softened later by maddy's voice and there it starts the introduction to the final part... flute flights, guitar flights, and here the guitar leading to the end... i love the short guitar solo here... and the way it opens the curtain for the rest of the instruments...

but in some way i prefer part b... it makes me feel more, every time i listen to it i feel chicken skin... (don't know the english expression for it...)
about part b in exposed i have to say i prefer how it was performed in the knebworth concert, in exposed i miss the guitar solo at the beginning since it starts with the orchestra next to the strong section...  the guitar appears round the fifth minute and here it goes...  :D ...i really like the piltdown man section most in the live versions, it's got a powerful rythm... and it leads to the most beautiful section in the whole album... i think this is one of my favourite solos, wow... this guitar riding higher and higher...

just thinking that maybe in some years time we could be speaking about an album recorded during tb2003 (or whatever it'll be named) worldwide tour  :)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
yaklulu Offline

Posted: Nov. 12 2002, 16:33

I was there at the concert at Wembley, I took an old WW2 whistle with me to the gig.  I can't remember exactly where on the record it appears...but you can hear it blow once in the crowd noise before one of the tracks.

Great gig by the way
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Nov. 14 2002, 14:57

yep yaklulu
here it is.. your whistle at the beginning of tubular bells part b
just listened to it
:)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Chicular Offline

Posted: June 29 2005, 03:46

Does anyone else hear the Ommadawn riff on Tubular Bells Part 1 Exposed?
Profile PM 
3 replies since Nov. 03 2002, 15:28 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net