Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Live appearance in Murcia, Spain, on Jun 9< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 04 2002, 07:27

According to La Verdad, Mike Oldfield will perform during the "Gala del Día de la Región de Murcia", along with the Spanish singers Rosa, Manu Tenorio and Chenoa and the band 'Estopa'. It will take place at 'El Salvador', in Caravaca de la Cruz, Murcia, and it will be presented by Ramón García and Anne Igartiburu. Not confirmed at all.
(Thanks, Javier Llorente)
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: June 04 2002, 08:11

According to an article in http://www.latino-television.com/noticia_01.phtml?id=3018 the spanish TV will broadcast the event... (Sunday 9 of June on TVE-1, at 22:00, see also www.tve.es)
This page does not say anything about Mike Oldfield, but says there will be performances by Shakira, Thalía, Zucchero, Café Quijano and Carlos Baute, between others
Thomas Höögh Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 04 2002, 12:53

Perform what? Tr3s Lunas or? A whole concert or just a few songs?

Will it be recorded? I move to Oslo on friday and I do not have a computer nor a fast internetconnection there. So I have lots of catch up to do when I return 11 weeks from now.

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
Juan Luis Offline

Posted: June 04 2002, 13:33

If Mike performs in Murcia, I am sure that will be only one song from Tres Lunas, in other words, To Be Free. There won't be any concert because it will be inside a TV Special Program done by TVE (Public TV) to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the autonomy of Murcia.

P.S. Health warning: mad
Rosa, Manu Tenorio and Chenoa are part of the people from Operación Triunfo. They were the Spanish representation at Eurovision Contest(7th position). At now, they have sold a lot of albums and they are at high position in the Spanish sales list Rosa (number 3) & Manu (number 2)(500.000 copies each one), Chenoa (number 5)(200.000 copies).
I hope Mike will knock them out from this positions biggrin, but it is difficult.
Profile PM 
dabidovich Offline

Posted: June 04 2002, 15:29

Oh, shit!! Mike playing with most commercial and 'karaokish' spanish singers...

Playback or live?
Profile PM 
Melomaniac Offline

Posted: June 04 2002, 16:17

I intended to post this message to make people from abroad know what kind of event it could be but I´ve just read that others spaniards have explained it perfectly. Surely It will be a play-back show. Only other item for my video collection. By the way, I absolutely agree with the idea that Mike hardly will reach top 1 in Spain again because of the incomprehensible success got by Operacion Triunfo "karaoke boys and girls".Precisely, last monday one of them released his record ( called David Bisbal, when I purchased Tres Lunas there were around 15 copies of it in a shelf and more than a hundred of Bisal´s cd on the counter.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: June 04 2002, 22:43

Could someone kindly explain a bt more about what Operacion Triunfo is? Thanks!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Sephirot Offline

Posted: June 05 2002, 02:34

Well i dont understand awor dabout thi whole thing. I just hope that someone will record the show and i can watch it later on.

--------------
Lost in Static 18...
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: June 05 2002, 09:37

Ok. There are more news:

Good News: The international channel of TVE is going to broadcast the event, so if you have satellite TV and can watch, "TVE Internacional", you'll be able to see the show. More info (in spanish) at http://www.rtve.es/informa/tveinforma/historico/3-06-02/galamurcia.htm

Bad News: On a late article on a TV Guide OnLine at http://www.teletexto.com/141/TVE1/9_6.htm it says absolutely NOTHING about Mike. Maybe someone told him who are Rosa, Chenoa and David Bisbal... and he's still running away...

Anyway, if finally Mike performs, it'll be just one song and in the usual playback-with-live-guitar format (as in Ondas Awards)

My two cents :-)
Javi, Alias|Wayfarer
tubularbills Offline

Posted: June 05 2002, 10:13

woooooo!!!!!! another topic down!

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 05 2002, 10:17

Yep, sorry about that, the topic was down. It's back now. Too much activity on the server these days. I do my best to optimize it. If anybody can help to finance a better server... wink
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: June 05 2002, 14:17

MORE GOOD NEWS: MORE OLDFIELD ON SPANISH TV

Someone on AudioGalaxy forums (see http://www.audiogalaxy.com/pages/thread.php?&t=21000196 ) had seen an ad on spanish Tv 'TELE 5' about a LIVE PERFORMANCE of M.O., on Saturday 8 june... No more details. Will it be a real live event or just playback or even the TB3 premiere again?

Btw, on the 40TV channel, again on Sat 8 at 16:00, there'll be a special program about Oldfield. Just videoclips and an interview...

VCRs ready... steady... REC!
^NabLa^ Offline

Posted: June 05 2002, 15:40

ARGH! I do NOT want to see Ramon Garcia saying MIKE OLDFIELD. And with OT singers!!! I hope that this is not a true info... well, otherwise I will record it anyways ;D

--------------
^NabLa^
Profile PM WEB 
^NabLa^ Offline

Posted: June 05 2002, 15:42

ARGH! I do NOT want to see Ramon Garcia saying MIKE OLDFIELD. And with OT singers!!! I hope that this is not a true info... well, otherwise I will record it anyways ;D

--------------
^NabLa^
Profile PM WEB 
Juan Luis Offline

Posted: June 05 2002, 16:06

Yes, I have just seen the ad on Tele 5 about Mike Oldfield Concert. It was an ad with an excerpt of To Be Free videoclip and a voice saying "Sábado noche, Mike Oldfield en concierto" Translation: "Saturday night, Mike Oldfield in Concert". I think they will do it on "No Sólo Música" program, and again like sometime ago they will repeat Tubular Bells III premiere.

P.S. I also do not want Ramón García saying Mike Oldfield, nor Mike playing after or before one of the guys from Operación Triunfo. mad
Profile PM 
Melomaniac Offline

Posted: June 05 2002, 16:46

Yes, last saturday newspaper El País in its page about susgestions for this week tv progammes announced Mike Oldfield as the protagonist in a programme called " En concierto" ( In concert) at about 1 or 2 Am (not exactly prime time). The ad said the programme would be on occassion of the releasing of Tres Lunas but I supposed they would broadcast TBIII concert in London as this channel had done twice. However, one of my students ( I´m a teacher, of course) told me yesterday he had seen the ad in T5 and Mike appeared in it sit on a chair speaking so, maybe, the programme will broadcast part of the presentation interview in Valencia. Waiting for more news.
For people from abroad:
Operacion Triunfo has been a tv contest where, after a national casting, some young participants were selected to get into a sort of " school of singing". Their evolution in learning to perform and sing has been broadcasted every day on public tv and the programme has been a HUGE Success so almost all of them have become very popular singers in Spain. Nowadays, they are realising their first records as soloists, everyone going straight to top 1 in records charts and selling hundreds of thousands copies.As you can see above, for the most of us, they are not real artist but only a product of marketing, personally I can´t stand them.
I hope to have explained this question, ah! Be careful, the idea has been sold to a lot of tvs around the world.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 05 2002, 17:05

Yes!
On sunday I´ll see the show...I have TVE international here...

Fingers crossed!

AND here in Brazil we have our Operacion Trunfo too,bah!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
DavidB Offline

Posted: June 05 2002, 20:24

Ok, let´s not get to excited about it!
In "Telecinco" we´ll see a SHORT interview,( five minutes, even less...)

And regarding to Murcia- I´m sure IT WILL NOT feature Mike.

Kisses to Wayf.

D.
Profile PM 
Vinz Offline

Posted: June 06 2002, 06:49

El País in its page about susgestions for this week tv progammes announced Mike Oldfield as the protagonist in a programme called " En concierto" ( In concert)

A VHS named "Mike Oldfield In Concert" exists... It's, in fact, Mike At Nottingham in 1980... Is There a Chance ?

--------------
Rejoignez la Tubular Mailing List francophone !
http://www.tubular.free.fr/tubular.php
Profile PM WEB 
^NabLa^ Offline

Posted: June 06 2002, 12:09

bout OT singers... this week you have to come down to the 8th position on sales charts to see any other artist than Operacion Triunfo ones.

BLEURGH! :-O~

--------------
^NabLa^
Profile PM WEB 
27 replies since June 04 2002, 07:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net