Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Live Amarok< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 01 2014, 11:08

True, I doubt a live full band performance will ever happen, but then we do have the deluxe version coming up soon, so who knows!!
Profile PM 
GusFogle Offline

Posted: April 01 2014, 21:17

Ever? I seriously doubt that! A full band live performance of Amarok will definitely happen. It might be 10 years from now but Ryan Yard and I are determined to pull it off. There are just a lot of things that all have to come together at once to get it off the ground.
Profile PM WEB 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: April 02 2014, 02:00

Well, I doubt it will ever happen with Mike's involvement. And to be honest, he has to be involved.
Profile PM 
GusFogle Offline

Posted: April 02 2014, 11:37

Now that I agree will never happen.

I don't think he has to be involved though. Does Mozart have to be involved for people to enjoy performances of his music?

I see what you mean though in that Mike adds a distinctive touch with his guitar playing. Sadly I think he's lost what he once had due to years of non practice and relaxing on his yacht.
Profile PM WEB 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: April 03 2014, 04:32

I see what your saying about Mozart, but as he's dead, it's a moot point. Mike is very much alive. I can't agree that he has lost what he once had, there are plenty of players out there who don't practice. Take Mark Knopfler, he doesn't practice, but on any given day, he can show you his magic.
I just don't think Mike is interested in playing Amarok live.
Profile PM 
First_Excursion Offline

Posted: April 03 2014, 17:41

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ April 03 2014, 04:32)
I can't agree that he has lost what he once had...

I can't agree that he hasn't. Listen to the guitar solos on Discovery, then listen to MOTR. Sounds like someone who stopped practising to me.
Profile PM 
GusFogle Offline

Posted: April 03 2014, 17:54

Yeah the solos on MOTR is what I based that opinion on. He sounds sloppy.

Even great musicians like Mike can't get away without practicing. Its not how being a musician works. Sure he can "show you the magic" and whatever he played would sound good but it is clear he's lost the edge due to years of neglect. If he played every day for several months he'd be back on top again.
Profile PM WEB 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: April 05 2014, 02:14

Well, I hope your right, personaly I'm happy with the solo's on MOTR, but I did miss hearing an acoustic solo, but it seems like he has his muse back, so we'll see :)
Profile PM 
27 replies since May 27 2006, 09:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net