Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: LITTLE BOY'S REPEATED WORDS< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TSODELOVER Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 11 2001, 09:14

There's at least 2 places in TSODE-one very near the end where the sound of a little boy is heard as well as a woman-repeating unknown words.Can anyone tell me what nationality the child is, the language he is speaking,and if this was something done unique to TSODE??
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: April 03 2002, 04:54

This album has a lot of repeated mystery words. For example, Tubular World, as well as a few silly ones (burning, melting, dissolving) It makes the album appear very space-age doesn't it?

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: April 03 2002, 09:04

Indeed, TSODE is very "space age".There is a
place where it sounds like (American)indians
praying or chanting, another place where yet another boy (maybe Teenager) is heard speaking something that sounds like Latin.
The boy and (I guess) his Mother sound like they are from a native Pacific Island somewhere.It's seems like an effort to put
a variey of sounds together(All of different cultures).TSODE is a mystery Album (CD).In some ways you think of it as been totally connected to Arthur C. Clarke's book.But in other ways, it's more like as a "Stand Alone".Perhaps the uniqueness of it makes it as wonderful as it is! Thanks,John (tsodelover@yahoo.com)
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2006, 17:12

I was just listening to Let There Be Light - actually watching the video - and once again am intrigued by the young boy's words in this song.  I searched the forum thinking I might find some other discussions on this and came across this thread.  Unfortunately, there was never a clear answer as to what the boy is saying.  As I sing along, I use the word "falling, falling" and that's the closest I can come up with.  Does anyone else have any ideas.  Whatever it is, there is something about the boy's tone and those few notes that brings tears to my eyes.  It's amazing how Mike can make such a simple and small sound so powerful.

One note - in the video, the boy starts singing just as the Indian is dancing within the circle of rocks.

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2006, 19:16

At the time me and my friend worked on the exact lyrics of all Mike's songs, we found out some ideas also for these words.

For example:

Oh you're low-weight, low-weight, ...
On your long way, long way, ...
Oh you're long-lived, long-lived, ...
Oh you're lonely, lonely, ...

But of course, it could be a non-sense or a non-English word.

However, if you listen to some live versions from the Then & Now Tour, especially the soundcheck in Singen, you can ascertain that there is no "f" at the beginning of the word, so it can't really be "falling".

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2006, 04:56

I always thought it was a woman singing, not a boy  :)

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2006, 17:06

To me it sounds like a choirboy (you know? kind-of a boy soprano or boy contralto voice). However, about the words, I agree with EeToN above - I always heard it as "Oh, ye lonely". :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2011, 05:42

If I am right the section of words being discussed here are heard at 3':13" on the "LET THERE BE LIGHT" video below.

The words to me I would agree with Ugo sounds like the voice of a young choir boy, I also think I hear "I AM FLOATING" possibly interlaced with "LONELY" & "FALLING".

I also think that in the video we do see a visual clue to the words as we do indeed appear to see children floating upwards at 4':40" with balloons or bubblegum bubbles inflated in front of their faces & this is just after we begin to hear the words repeat at 4':39".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJJmS-HY234&feature=related

There is another topic here that readers of this may be interested in reading http://tubular.net/forums....;t=5101

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2011, 17:41

"Burning", "melting" and "dissolving" are the spoken words - taken from a self-hypnosis tape. Regarding the boy, I still hear him as (phonetically) oh-ye-low-ley, low-ley; oh-ye-low-ley, low-ley. As usual, I don't know and I don't care whether this has a meaning or not.

--------------
Profile PM 
HR lover Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2011, 17:51

I actually like things better if I don't know the words. You can give it your own meaning then.

--------------
Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2011, 18:46

Quote (HR lover @ Sep. 16 2011, 23:51)
You can give it your own meaning then.

Yes. Especially when there's none. :D Here's some examples of this:

May-yeh, may-yeh oh, may-may-yeah  (Sentinel) = Money, money, oh, my money. :laugh:

Slush dush diddly buch hrr doe! / hush jar gee ma how! (Altered State) = Who's gonna get your Virgil? Who's gonna get your home? :laugh:

Huaca saqsaywaman (Pacha Mama) = Oh what a sexy woman. This DOES actually have a meaning, which is obviously not the one I just wrote. :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
annykin Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2013, 21:13

I agree that the words seems to change.  I sometimes hear "falling" but it also sounds like Yahweh (god).
Profile PM 
11 replies since Sep. 11 2001, 09:14 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net