[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Light and Shade as one piece of music?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Alan D Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 14 2005, 04:09

Quote (tamas @ Oct. 14 2005, 01:06)
Alan, but aren't you enjoying it so much, because you have played the game before? I suppose, when you listen it, you remember the gameplay itself... It is like listening a good movie track, which brings back to your memory the film itself (although I know in the case of T3SL the music and the image is inseparable.)

Oh yes, definitely - the game and the music are interwoven forever in my mind, and I've long argued that Tr3s Lunas can only be properly judged as a composite work of art. The remembered experiences from the game bring a powerful unity to the experience of listening to the music separately.

I must admit, that I played only the demo version, maybe that is the reason why I am not so much a fan of that album.

The demo version only exists for you to test that your computer will play the game. It doesn't give even a faint shadow of the richness, diversity, and never-ending magic of the game itself.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 14 2005, 09:57

Quote (TubularBelle @ Oct. 14 2005, 05:35)
Quote (knife edge @ Oct. 11 2005, 09:08)
Agree with tamas.
[...]
bye
Andrea

Well said Andrea and keep on posting, always good to see more females on the site.

Off topic... :-)

FEMALES???? Andrea is a BOY!!! :D :D He is Italian... Andrea is a male name in Italian!! :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
knife edge Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2005, 03:52

Quote (TubularBelle @ Oct. 13 2005, 23:35)
Quote (knife edge @ Oct. 11 2005, 09:08)
Agree with tamas.

But the "discrepances" between different parts of a single piece is one of the Mike's trademark (Amarok is full of surprices and TB is somehow "schizofrenic").

I think that with the themes present in Light it would be possible to make a very good single long piece of music, giving more meaning at the single themes, that alone seem... too alone.  ;)

bye
Andrea

Well said Andrea and keep on posting, always good to see more females on the site.

However I would have said that TB is full of surprises and Amarok is schitzophrenic.

But in order to try and appeal to the youth market I wonder if Mike wants this new music to be associated with the old music in any way at all. That's why it has created such strong reactions from people.

Hey... I'M A MAN!!!!!!!! :(  :(  :(

Andrea is a male name in Italy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :cool:

Can I post anyway?  :p

ciao
Andrea
Profile PM 
cessna Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2005, 04:41

Angelique is a fine song, but the rest of "Light" sounds like throwaways from previous albums. "Shade" is fantastic, power and energy throughout, so Angelique + "Shade" would be more than enough for me.
Profile PM 
23 replies since Oct. 10 2005, 18:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net