Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Let's just not all go at once...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 11 2017, 11:04

This one I didn't actually find via Mike's BBC profile page, although it's referenced there now.  I was simply on the front page of BBC Music and on seeing the article - "10 British landmarks all pop fans should visit" - I knew which one I would have put in there.  I was just more than mildly surprised to find that it already was! :)

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Bradnorman Offline

Posted: Sep. 11 2017, 15:13

Yes but it's a pity they got it wrong. The Beacon is on the other side of  the valley on Bradnor Hill, and not on Hergest Ridge!

--------------
‘Is my team ploughing,  
 'That I was used to drive  
And hear the harness jingle  
 When I was man alive?'

Life is arbitrary
Profile PM 
shenry Offline

Posted: Oct. 25 2018, 04:13

I'm planning on visiting there next year or maybe the year after. I'm from Scotland, but never been down that area of England.

Am I right in saying that the Offa's Dyke path runs (one way) up Hergest Ridge itself and (the other way) up Bradnor Hill and past the Beacon (downhill from the Beacon and the golf course)? So it's possible to do both as one walk? I've read a couple of threads about it and had a look at Google maps, but just want to make sure I understand the layout correctly!

Anyone know what pub in Kington Mike would have graced back in the day?? Would be good to visit that as well!
Profile PM 
2 replies since Sep. 11 2017, 11:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net