Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Last Piece of music< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 12 2011, 09:48

Ah, yes. I know what tune you mean. I think that flying over one of the flat zones in the main land, the one where musical notes emerge from the ground, produces the same effect.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: June 12 2011, 14:15

@Ugo - yes, your memory is amazing.. although I use my second initial only on the internet, in order to distinguish from the gazillion of other Andreas Schulz'es..

Considering the secret 'Rebirth Tunnel' track, I just checked my files that I ripped myself from the game several years ago, and compared them to Mike's original filenames, which you can find in the game.log file.
So we have:
returntubetunnel - the thema usually to be heard in the tunnel ('return...')
tubetunnel2 - what became 'RebirthTunnel' in TL2
some more names:
bigelphant - the swords game theme
pianotune3 - the 'tai chi kid' theme
firefly2 - the 'Firefly' sniplet you hear at the golden tree
madbat - the bats theme (which also went into the draft of 'Millennium Bell')
knowheaven - the speaking before the horse scene - so it's apparently supposed to be 'Know - Thou art in Heaven - Know'
wormhole - the 'bad world' theme

plus a few whispered hints that I can't remember from the game:
horse_tree_butterfly - 'the tree - and the butterflies'
intothebranches
goforwardtoreturn
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 12 2011, 15:26

Quote (a_r_schulz @ June 12 2011, 20:15)
@Ugo - yes, your memory is amazing.. although I use my second initial only on the internet, in order to distinguish from the gazillion of other Andreas Schulz'es..

Actually, Andreas, you never said here on this board that your middle name was Rudolph. But I remember sending you an e-mail quite a long time ago (it must be at least 2 years ago) about the 3L game, and getting a reply from "Andreas Rudolph (or Rudolf) Schulz". That's how I got to know your middle name. :) By the way, I think that the way in which your surname is spelt (with no T in the middle) also differentiates you from people with similar names.

Thanks very much for the info about Mike's original filenames. You can easily see that even in the original .log file itself there is no info at all about the in-game location of the so-called final piece, but "tubetunnel2" makes me think that it was indeed intended as another theme for the rebirth tunnel - maybe meant to be played when you crossed the tunnel after getting a diamond ring (as above), while the "Return" theme (from the album) was meant only for the "final journey" into the tunnel at the end of the 7-ring quest. But then maybe Mike decided that the "Return" theme worked for the tunnel on all occasions, and "tubetunnel2" just got ditched. This is my theory. :) About the whispered bits, I think I could easily identify their locations if I heard them. Judging from the title, "goforwardtoreturn" may be Mike's voice saying "Go back!" when you push through the mask in order to return to the main land to get the seventh ring. I have no idea about what "intothebranches" may be. :zzz:

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: June 12 2011, 17:15

The whispered hints are all in the voice of the white lady - 'Go Back' is definitely a different file. 'goforwardtoreturn' says exactly that - it might refer to the return from the space journey.
'intothebranches' would either refer to the moon in the tree to start the sprite game, or to the ring in the white tree (or maybe even to the apples game).
Profile PM WEB 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 13 2011, 01:43

Quote (a_r_schulz @ June 12 2011, 14:15)
'Know - Thou art in Heaven - Know'

I had been assuming - perhaps because the voice is quite assertive - that the words are "no, thou art in heaven". But "know" makes much more sense!
Profile PM 
24 replies since June 19 2002, 05:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net