Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Last Piece of music< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
iancampbell79 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 19 2002, 05:25

Ok, I give up. Where can I find the final piece of music that sounds so good! All I can find are two cats and a fairy!
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 25 2002, 12:17

i dont think anyones found it yet.......there must be some special order of getting the rings or somthn

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
iancampbell79 Offline

Posted: June 25 2002, 12:23

Someone must have found it. The music has been posted to the web, so someone's got there.
Profile PM 

Posted: June 25 2002, 15:26

that was ripped from the game

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
The Thin Man Offline

Posted: June 26 2002, 10:16

A theory:

I've completed the game in many different ways and sequences and have never heard the finale, and, it would appear nor has anyone else (except as a ripped mp3). So, unless the condition for hearing the finale is sadistically obscure (such as playing the piano game after visiting the owl cavern and before going to the moon while holding three rings and having fired mushrooms) then I don't think the order matters.

Instead, I believe that the condition might be to collect 7 normal gold rings and 3 diamond rings. So far I have only located 2 diamond rings (in the bat cave and in the underwater castle) and 3 seems to be a "better" number for a game like this.

Furthermore, in the early days of SonicVR Mike offered a prize to the person who could find the diamond ring. Clearly this is not difficult in the present game, but maybe there is a third diamond ring secreted somewhere which no-one has found yet?

Anyway, this is my theory. Could be a complete blind alley, and there could be players who have already found 3 diamond rings and who have still never heard the finale. So prove me wrong, shoot me down in flames, but let's test the theory.

The Thin Man

Profile PM 
Manny Offline

Posted: June 26 2002, 12:40

I don't know. Feel pissed up about it. I can not remember how many times I've got the seven rings but always end up at the fairy/dragonfly thing. The only thing left to do is scanning around while in the rebirth tunnel to see if I can find anything that can be grabbed. By the way, I found another ring in an really unusual place, sorry to say than I can not take it since it dissapears when I try to hold it. I'm going to keep trying to find out if it's the hidden ring!. I know it may sound like an romantic thing but: I can't accept that it all ends like this (the game, I mean)
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: June 27 2002, 14:39

Er...how do you pick up the diamond rings?

By the way - don't hold me to this, but I THINK in an early run through of the game, under one set of circumstances, I saw a diamond ring on top of one of those 'chair mountain' things - you know - where the 'fixed rings' usually sit.
The Thin Man Offline

Posted: June 27 2002, 15:17

I don't think you can pick the diamond rings up, but they can be "activated" by flying through them or shooting at them. With the other two diamond rings this sends you along the rebirth tunnel to the origin.

Your observation about the chair mountains (in the passage to the lake) is worth investigating.

The Thin Man
Profile PM 

Posted: June 28 2002, 00:42

maybe u have to find and go through all the different ways to get to the rebirth tunnel without beating the game....theres a way there in the bat cave, at the underwater castle, the fountain in the canyon, on one of the planets when ur space-skating...myabe u have to find them all and go through them before collecting all the rings...

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: June 28 2002, 16:31

or hey, maybe theres somethn at the end (with the trees and cats etc) that we're missing. maybe theres an object somewhere. doesnt sally say "in the branches" in one of the sound files? or is that for another area of the game.

on the avatar page mike says to meet him at the end with cats and 7 rings. maybe he will show ppl there how to get it?

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
The Thin Man Offline

Posted: June 28 2002, 17:02

I was with Mike at the end yesterday (as the glass bird) hoping that he would give a clue or point us in the right direction. However, no clue was given (or if it was it was so subtle I missed it). The exercise seemed to be to see who turned up, with a flight with Mike as a reward for those who made it to the end.

It wouldn't be so much fun if it were easy?

The Thin Man
Profile PM 
iancampbell79 Offline

Posted: July 02 2002, 08:02

Why does everyone think that the music appears at the end anyway.  Are the sound files in some form of order inside the dat file, or is it just the crescendo at the end?
Profile PM 
Cyberick
Unregistered

Posted: July 02 2002, 15:49

Hi, I may have found a clue in the TL booklet. There's a picture, of the good world with a rainbow. I haven't seen this in the game, so maybe we can find the music here.
Thea Cochrane Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2002, 14:59

I've been to the good world, I think - I saw a rainbow after the bit with the horses and the Art In Heaven music. I wasn't anywhere near finished that game - I only had four rings - so I don't think that's the way to the end music thing.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 11 2011, 10:01

Quote (iancampbell79 @ June 25 2002, 12:23)
Someone must have found it.  The music has been posted to the web, so someone's got there.

What is that piece of music? Is it on TL 2?
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: June 11 2011, 16:06

The 'mystery track' is the track 'Rebirth Tunnel' of the 'Tres Lunas 2' collection.
I suppose nobody ever found it in the game (at least I didn't, and that should say something...), so it can only be ripped from the game's data file. There once was a tool 'ogg ripper' available for download somewhere, which could do this job.
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 11 2011, 17:13

@ Brandon, if you still attend this forum: sorry for telling you this, but I think that "Rebirth Tunnel" is a very unfit name for that track, as the rebirth tunnel music, in the game, is none other by "Return to the Origin" from the official 3L album. There's not even any indication anywhere that it is the "last" or "final" piece of music in the game: its position is unspecified, and I guess it was classified as the final piece only because it is at the end of the data file - I have 2 versions of it on mp3 and the first one is simply named "Audio Track 15" (of 15). :D To me it sounds like a sort of theme for the peaceful forest setting (where the stream and the dice are), which you can reach anytime during the main game - not necessarily at the end.

Anyway, I still have the piece, so if anyone's interested, please PM me. ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 11 2011, 22:11

Quote (a_r_schulz @ June 11 2011, 16:06)
The 'mystery track' is the track 'Rebirth Tunnel' of the 'Tres Lunas 2' collection.
I suppose nobody ever found it in the game (at least I didn't, and that should say something...), so it can only be ripped from the game's data file. There once was a tool 'ogg ripper' available for download somewhere, which could do this job.

# Brandon - well, I'm going to have a go. I have a few ideas, although I'll probably need a bit of help along the way. And that piece of music certainly is my favourite (although "Moonlight Stroll" is a close second. Or "Firefly"...).

# Ugo - yes, that thought about the rebirth tunnel occurred to me last night as I was playing.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 12 2011, 09:28

@ nightspore, off topic: Brandon (Blume) is MusicallyInspired, and he hasn't been posting in this forum since more than a year, as far as I remember. A. R. Schulz is A(ndreas) R(udolph), or at least I think so. :D

"Moonlight Stroll" is what I used to call the "Nighttime Tai-Chi & Flying Saucer Ride" sequence, which follows right after you've completed the firebirds sequence. I've always named the in-game pieces according to the sequences where they appear. :) I don't think "Firefly" actually appears in the game, as the musical cue for the fireflies is an extremely short and rather abstract passage.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 12 2011, 09:38

Quote (Ugo @ June 12 2011, 09:28)
I don't think "Firefly" actually appears in the game, as the musical cue for the fireflies is an extremely short and rather abstract passage.

You can hear a little snippet of it as you touch one of the gold trees...  :cool:
Profile PM 
24 replies since June 19 2002, 05:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net