Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Lake Constance, Broad Sunlight Uplands..., ...The Doge's Palace, Amber Light notes< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CJJC Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 21 2012, 12:36

The Millennium Bell was an album I had written for an event that took place on 31st December 1999 in Berlin. Prior to the millennium, everyone was talking about what a momentous event it would be heading into a new century. When it finally came about most people thought it was a damp squib. The Berlin show was a strange event. On stage it was minus four degrees centigrade and there was a biting cold wind. The on-stage heating didn't work and the audience (which numbered 200,000) were freezing too! I'm glad I made the record, as there are some beautiful pieces of music on it. Although the album was a critical and commercial failure, for me those compositions are special, hence their appearance on this collection

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
0 replies since Aug. 21 2012, 12:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net