Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Ladies and Gentlemen - your entrance music!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tales of Zelos Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 01 2011, 09:50

Just noticed that the World Darts starts today (the proper one at Lakeside) and the sense of atmosphere there is built with well chosen walkon music. If you happen not think of darts as sport then consider wresting. Or place your faith in 20/20 cricket if you happen to have lost the Ashes. But imagine your prowess at some athletic endeavour and let us all know how you would barnstorm the entrance!
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2011, 09:57

Having walk-on themes is quite common for all contestants in all kinds of sports, I think. I never got too fussy or too excited about it. The only sports I currently do are scuba diving (also apnea) and swimming. As diving is not really a competitive thing, I find it easier to imagine myself participating in a high-profile 100m freestyle final with all the big names. And of course the entrance music would be the ending of Amarok. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2011, 12:29

Quote (Tales of Zelos @ Jan. 01 2011, 14:50)
Just noticed that the World Darts starts today (the proper one at Lakeside) and the sense of atmosphere there is built with well chosen walkon music.

Hi again ToZ. Can we have a link to the 'walkon' music - is it clean?

My sport is tennis - :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOEO_fgG3-I

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2011, 14:38

Because I haven't a competitive bone in my body and am not particularly sporty this is apt

Chicken walk

...and apart from anything else it ALWAYS makes me laugh. It is so happy :) and just silly!

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2011, 11:49

Hello again, ToZ, as you now are :)

I imagine you were referring to the individual players's themes of which I would always pick Ted Hankey's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbDTqCOVA1I
DJ Zany's Be On Your Way if you like it.

I've got dozens of tracks of different moods and tempos that I've thought I would use, on the assumption I ever develop any talent unfortunately.

This is as favourite an entrance theme as I've seen though.  I haven't properly watched wrestling since it went off the free to air channels in the UK, but at least I caught a golden age that totally reeked of awesomeness!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmzS7hXR-yA&feature=related

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2011, 20:58

I recently went for my black belt test in taekwondo (yes, I passed), and the music that seemed to go through my mind was "Heaven's Open" - the words

"This is that morning
It's waiting for you
The face of destiny
Standing before you

This is zero hour now is for you
Can you feel that power inside of you..."

etc.
Profile PM 
5 replies since Jan. 01 2011, 09:50 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net