Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Lack of Promo?, Where is it?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 27 2017, 06:10

Return To Ommadawn is a fantastic album for me, and it seems to have won over most of the critics, also the album is looking like getting a high chart placing, but yet again with Mike's albums we have the lack of promotion, even though he said he got a great reception from the record company, ok they may have printed a few t-shirts and mugs, but is that really promotion? This should have been the album where the record company went all out, why are there only brief video's with Mike about this album? Man On The Rocks got more of that, I would like some more video's of Mike, maybe some with him playing some of the albums lovely melodies.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 27 2017, 07:37

There have been interviews and reviews in a lot of big name publications in the UK, Germany and Spain, plus some coverage on BBC Radio 2 and the hour-long show on BBC 6 Music. I heard they have some posters and billboards around London as well. I'd say that's quite a decent amount of promotion!

It seems like they're leaving the social media promotion to Mike himself, probably at his request, and he may not be all that interested in doing videos. I think there's a certain promotional value to that sort of content, if it's going to appeal to fans enough that they'll share it, but I'd not expect its reach to be as great as, say, getting Mike onto a YouTube talk show or giving out copies to music vloggers.

There can be some mileage in a 'long tail' approach, with material that's going to appeal to a certain niche - like, for example, Mike giving a set of guitar playing or recording tips, or perhaps even talking about motorbikes - but that would place heavier demands on his time. That said, seeing as they've done their own interview videos anyway, the question could be asked of how useful those actually are, and whether more niche videos would give better returns (but...the interviews they've released are likely going out to TV stations as part of an EPK, so they can include them in news features, so they have more uses beyond just the internet...but still, it has to be asked whether anyone actually uses them).
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Jan. 27 2017, 11:00

Maybe it's just me, but I feel it could have had more promo, if it gets a high chart placing I guess the record company will be happy though. But I know Mike won't want to do more promo as it's not his idea of fun!!
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 17 2022, 13:23

I cannot understand why some people forget about promotion
It's so important for celebrities and businesses tp promote themselves using tiktok, instagram, facebook, twitter, and so on.
Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 17 2022, 13:28

It indeed is important for celebrities and businesses to promote themselves using TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms. However, you should refer directly to celebrities like Mike, because he has no time and clues on how to do that, he is a famous person who works upon his creation and not "social media stuff". So here the record company/manager should be blamed. They could post on social media, and create videos on TikTok promoting his albums. Now you can buy tiktok views and pay with PayPal to gain more likes and to get into recommendations where you'll already find millions of listeners.
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Nov. 18 2022, 04:42

I don't think Mike needs to promote himself, he is already well known, but I would have liked the record company to have made more effort with the album.
Profile PM 
5 replies since Jan. 27 2017, 06:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net