Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Knebular< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Jeremy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 08 2005, 05:33

Hi everyone at Tubular.net, this is my first post and my first piece to go with it! It harks back to the Knebworth/Exposed days (the Mike and Pierre era).
You can find it at....

http://www.honeycom.co.nz/earthsound/

--------------
How can they NOT like my music!
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: May 08 2005, 22:04

Wow! The sound quality is awesome. I also like the concept, and I find the way of using Mike's words really creative. Though I miss more building and a climax at the end. I had one in my mind while listening to the track. ;)

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
Jeremy Offline

Posted: May 09 2005, 00:49

Thanks so much for your comments EeToN. I agree, the ending needs more intensity, I should fix this!

Jeremy.

--------------
Profile PM 
Jeremy Offline

Posted: May 14 2005, 01:42

This track now has a new ending.

--------------
Profile PM 
Jeremy Offline

Posted: May 23 2005, 00:48

Yet another new ending for this piece - third time lucky!

Yeah, it's done.

--------------
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: May 23 2005, 14:03

It's been said before but this is 'awesome'!

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: May 23 2005, 20:57

Great work. Better than I had imagined!

It particularly reminded me of the 'Introduction' single that was used to promote TB2003 but without the annoying pitch-bendy synth sounds. I guess if you really wanted to hark back to the Knebworth days you could use lots of slap bass and disco rhythms making something akin to Guilty :D
Profile PM 
Jeremy Offline

Posted: May 26 2005, 19:19

Thankyou T4 and Jammer for you comments. For me the track has an overall nostalgic feel of those Exposed/Knebworth days, but I agree Jammer, the Guilty sound was another huge dynamic in those live shows. I only wish I was old enough then to have seen those concerts, not being in New Zealand would have helped also!

--------------
Profile PM 
Markus K. Offline

Posted: July 11 2005, 13:53

Well this is very nice track. I just can't help thinking about "Enigma". So you have succeeded to create an "Enigmatic" soundscape I could say.  :laugh:

Yeah and I know that "very nice" sounds bland but it is a very nice track. A nice idea and well done.
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: July 11 2005, 15:40

Holy sh*t, this is amazing, i really like it, good effort mate, got anymore gems hidden away?  :cool:

Also i have to say that has anyone else noticed the fact that the quality of the music posts over the last few months has gotten strangly better and better? odd how a leap from good tracks has transformed into impressive stuff! cant quite get my head round it, and its convinced me to not bother trying my own stuff! lol  :D

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
Jeremy Offline

Posted: July 12 2005, 01:30

Thanks Markus k and bugular tell for your thoughts on Knebular, it's great to hear from you. Sorry bugular, I've got no more MO pieces up my sleeve, Knebular is the first time I've ever done a re-do of someone elses music, I normally just write my own stuff, but you never know, I had a lot of fun playing this piece, especially the 7/4 section at the end! Yeah, it does sound a bit Enigma-ish, but hey, I like most of what Enigma has done, so that's cool. Thanks again amigos.

--------------
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: July 15 2005, 14:46

i didnt mean just MO stuff, i'd like to hear some of your own tunes, i dont think i'd be overstepping the line if i said that Mike would like this alot, had he not gone for Secrets on TB3 then this would have been ideal, i cant speak for everyone, just myself, but if im honest then this is my favorite fan track to date, and thats saying something, because i like a lot of the music on hear, but this blows me away, well done mate  :D   ;)

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
Jeremy Offline

Posted: July 17 2005, 07:14

Hey Bugular Tell, your comments really blow me away, thankyou. If I was Mike I'd probably find knebular pretty spooky in places,  hopefully give him a flashback to those big concert days, but yeah, I think he might like it overall. The strange thing is that I wrote it more with Pierre Moerlen in mind. When the applause comes in towards the end thats when I picture Pierre switching from drums to glocks, Pierre was so brilliant that the drums just keep playing themselves!! I can't believe he's gone but hopefully he's had a listen from the great beyond, who knows!

I'll have a think about some of my other works that you might like and let you know, all my stuff is probably influenced by Mike in some way, so I should be able to post it at Tubular.net. Watch this space!!

--------------
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: July 22 2005, 18:49

Whoooo....

Amazing. Great production and very proffessional, this could easily have been by the man himself.

Mike is known for his crashing guitar driven crescendo's, so even though i love the ending for a euphoria track, it could still do with a little more impact in my opinion.

more please.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Dominik M. Offline

Posted: Aug. 07 2005, 18:39

Great!
I like very much nostalgic sounds like this. You build nice climate with emotions and this is what I like to listen and what I try to play on my guitar :D
Well done!

:D
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Nov. 12 2005, 04:54

Here's another request to hear more of your music Jeremy :) please post something else soon.Knebular is such a class peice of work,listened to it lots - FAB :D
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2005, 03:59

More music please Jeremy.  Great stuff :)  :D .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
16 replies since May 08 2005, 05:33 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net