Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Killing Fileds - DVD< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Vinz Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 06 2001, 03:43

I've bought yesterday the Killing Field DVD and I was wondering if the music of the main menu was from Mike or not ? There's no copyright on the sleeve...
And also, when you watch the movie trailer some short music pieces sound not familiar...
Are they part of the non released material of the Killing Fields, or am I taking my dreams for reality ?

--------------
Rejoignez la Tubular Mailing List francophone !
http://www.tubular.free.fr/tubular.php
Profile PM WEB 
Cipher Offline

Posted: July 12 2001, 11:47

There's a LOT of unreleashed KF music. LOTS. HOURS. Some of them are ONLY in the movie, but you can find that also in some private or bootleg CD's, with the voices lowened somehow. Interesting songs like Darkroom scene. But the most aren't even in the movie. God nows where they are, but MO says that he composed hours of music for KF.
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: July 12 2001, 15:36

There is indeed more of the electronic style music. The director/producers weren't happy with it, so some more music was recorded with the choir and orchestra.
Mike keeps copies of that sort of thing, but getting your hands on it would be a very different matter.

As for the DVD's extra music, I don't know (I'm waiting until I can get my hands on a widescreen version here...).
Profile PM 
Vinz Offline

Posted: July 17 2001, 07:31

AFAIK, there's only two pieces which appears in the film but not in the soundtrack. They are the now famous 'Darkroom' and, I think, 'Pran's Last Night' available on some bootleg... But the music of the main menu is nor in the movie nor in the soundtrack, but it feets perfectly with the movie... It's a classical piece of music, very beautiful and it's quite similar as the music in 'Requiem For A City' before the vocals if I'm not wrong...
I'm waiting for someone who has seen this DVD to tell me more...

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Mlokie Offline

Posted: May 11 2002, 08:38

Hey Vinz, are you talking about the French dvd? I have the UK (Universal GC 0780592) and German (EuroVideo 21557) version and there's no extra or menu music at all.. ??
Profile PM 
Vinz Offline

Posted: May 12 2002, 13:02

I'm talking about The Killing Fields Zone 1, with audio commentary by director Roland Joffé, Production Notes, theatrical theater and english and french subtitles. I think it's the canadian edition...
Here are the numbers I've got : 11419 and ISBN 0-7907-4942-4 distributed by Warner...

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Mlokie Offline

Posted: May 15 2002, 16:14

These zone-differences.. UK edition (rc 2) contains only trailer, some notes ('History timeline'), just English stereo sound, no subtitles, no commentary and no widescreen (is there any ws edition somewhere?).. But still great movie to watch.

Btw, there's more music in the film not being on soundtrack album. Well, I made some remarks:
The first - in the beginning during a 'radio news',
then the 'night onboarding' scene in 0:13.09 (a little piece of this is in the ending of 'Requiem for a city'),
another in 0:31.37 (all the same theme but different variations),
then one nice tune in 1:01.58 (when some have to leave French ambassy), I'd really like to hear the studio record of this..
Bad news.. more than 2 minutes longer than the album version,
and after that the famous darkroom music,
'Pran's last night' in 1:15.34,
another Pran's theme 1:20.27 (Sydney talking to Pran's wife),
in 1:57.55 'Try to stop the killing' and escape music - about four minutes long piece of 'unreleased' music..
and more other short bits..

All of them cannot be on a sountrack album offcourse, but there is really more than two pieces of music in movie and not in soundtrack..
Profile PM 
Juan Luis Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2003, 13:58

There is also avalaible now the Spanish (Zone 2) version of The Killing Fields (Los Gritos del Silencio in Spanish). I am not sure if it is in widescreen, but it is in 1.85:1 4/3. It is in Stereo Dolby Digital. It is in Spanish, Catalan and English. It is also subtitled in English, Spanish and in Catalan. Contains a quite good extra section with the trailer, technical notes about the film and a filmography of the main actors (Sam Waterson, Haing S. Ngor, John Malkovich,...).

For more details visit:
http://www.mangafilms.com and type Los Gritos del Silencio on the Search (Buscar) bar
It costs 17,99€

P.S.: For people very interested an who want to get at a very good prize. El Periódico de Catalunya sold, with his Sunday newspaper, the movie for only 5,95€ more. Total= 7,75€. I get it last Sunday. It has the same characteristics as I said before. I think that if you ask for it, you can get it.
For details visit:
http://www.elperiodico.com/info/marketing/DVD/default.asp?idioma=CAS
Unfortunatelly for the non-Spanish understanders, the page is only available in Spanish and in Catalan.
Profile PM 
7 replies since April 06 2001, 03:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net