Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: 'Killing Fields' Pran dies of cancer< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 30 2008, 17:45

Dith Pran, the Cambodian-born journalist for the New York Times who was the subject of Roland Joffe's movie 'The Killing Fields', has died of cancer.

The story of his struggle under the Khmer Rouge touched millions through the articles of fellow New York Times journalist Sydney H. Schanberg, and of course through Joffe's film, which featured Mike Oldfield's first and only feature film soundtrack.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 31 2008, 10:26

Poor Pran! May he rest in peace!!!!!!!

I read the news this morning in the newspaper. It gave me goosebumps all over my body.

Ironically (and unfortunately) the actor who played Dith Pran in the movie, Haing S. Ngor (and also did have a lot of tragedies in his life), died in 1996 by gunshot. All those tragic events....

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: April 02 2008, 00:35

There was a very moving remembrance on National Public Radio's "Morning Edition." You can listen to a 3-minute account here, that is so beautifully done. There is a longer piece here.

Here's to the exchange of dreams (this will make sense if you listen to the first piece).

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
2 replies since Mar. 30 2008, 17:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net