Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Jon Hopkins< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 178 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 07 2010, 17:53

Does anyone listening to Jon Hopkins? His 3 cds are superb (Opalescent, Contact Note & Insides)

His production techniques are something else. It strangley reminds me of Mike Oldfield particularly Opalescent. I see him as a modern day MO if he started out in 2010....

His track 'Light Through The Veins' is the start of Viva La Vida by Coldplay (Life In Technicolour)
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2010, 20:37

Can you post youtube links, QM. Not sure I like the phrase "new MO", as the old one is still very much up to scratch!  :D
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Oct. 08 2010, 14:52

Quote (nightspore @ Oct. 07 2010, 20:37)
Can you post youtube links, QM. Not sure I like the phrase "new MO", as the old one is still very much up to scratch!  :D

I don't think he's the new MO but someone who writes stuff that would fit into MO genre today.

Just search in you tube for Jon Hopkins and look for tracks Cerulean or Private Universe to start with
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Oct. 08 2010, 17:19

I completely agree, Jon Hopkins is brilliant.

He often collaborates with a guitarist called Leo Abrahams (who is also a producer in his own right - and they both worked with Brian Eno on his forthcoming album). Leo Abrahams might be to the taste of people around here too, I particularly recommend his album "Honeytrap" as a good starting point.
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Oct. 08 2010, 18:10

Quote (Mat Cochrane @ Oct. 08 2010, 17:19)
I completely agree, Jon Hopkins is brilliant.

He often collaborates with a guitarist called Leo Abrahams (who is also a producer in his own right - and they both worked with Brian Eno on his forthcoming album). Leo Abrahams might be to the taste of people around here too, I particularly recommend his album "Honeytrap" as a good starting point.

Thanks Mat

I will check Leo out. Someone else I listen to a lot at the moment is Ulrich Schnauss. Great melodic soundscapes and I think would appeal to MO fans alike.
Profile PM 
4 replies since Oct. 07 2010, 17:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net