Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: iTunes special release of Music of the Spheres< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Burning Fish Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 15 2008, 11:07

Found a copy in a CD-store here! Listening to it now. Indeed doesn't sound much different from the promo, but I'll have to listen to it more closely on my iPod to really hear a difference.

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
leesonar Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2008, 11:59

BTH I am playing my Music of the spheres CD that I received Friday 14 March, does yours have the catalogue number 4766206 I wonder??? Seems to have a better quality than the copies doing the rounds, very impressed with it. Looking forward to the Bilbao Live Premiere version being available Tuesday 18th March on iTunes.
Profile PM 
Burning Fish Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2008, 13:19

Quote (leesonar @ Mar. 15 2008, 17:59)
BTH I am playing my Music of the spheres CD that I received Friday 14 March, does yours have the catalogue number 4766206 I wonder??? Seems to have a better quality than the copies doing the rounds, very impressed with it. Looking forward to the Bilbao Live Premiere version being available Tuesday 18th March on iTunes.

Mine is 4766320.

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
leesonar Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2008, 13:50

Burning Fish, I assume that is the catalogue number for Music Of The Spheres German release!!
Profile PM 
BTH Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Mar. 15 2008, 19:35

Yes thats the one leesonair - I agree, played over a good stereo system there's a palpable improvement in sound... Sounds great in the car played at high volume too!!

--------------
Tá mé an amadán ag cheoil...
Profile PM 
Burning Fish Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2008, 21:27

Sort of confused here... Is there really a soundquality difference between some of the world wide releases? That's interesting.

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
BTH Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2008, 09:23

I doubt it, the only difference I'm hearing is between the leaked MP3s i've been listening to for the past few months and the actual CD release. I burned the MP3 version onto a disc and have played it back to back with the real version and there's a clear improvement in clarity and detail. Maybe the MP3s Ive been listening to were of particularly bad quality?

--------------
Tá mé an amadán ag cheoil...
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2008, 15:20

Some of the promotion copies contained a watermark, which degraded the sound quality... so there are differences between releases.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 16 2008, 23:11

I'm finding listening to the live recording a very interesting experience. Mike's guitar comes across as generally a lot more confident than it seemed at the time. Most things are quite close-miked and dry, which is quite a contrast from the very reverberant sound in the Guggenheim (which may well have contributed to the impression of there being more timing issues than there really were). The bells in Musica Universalis come across far quieter than I remember them (we were very close to them, though). The final chord doesn't lose much of its explosive power, though. The increased power added by the choir also remains.

It also brought a smile to my face to catch the faint sound of the fans going "wooooo!" at the end - just a shame they had to fade it out so early!
Profile PM 
ProjectZ Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 04:03

So far no Music of the Spheres in "my" iTunes-store, also still no "Spheres"  :(
I hate being pushed to "illegal" :(

--------------
the VANGELIS forum : Invisible Connections ( http://www.vangelis.fr/ )
Profile PM WEB 
roys1 Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 07:48

Downloaded from I-Tunes.. But found no PDF booklet.. ANY IDEAS :(
Profile PM 
Fine_old_Tom Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 10:57

D'oh
Belgium...........I-Tunes........... sucks.............
Can someone hum it to me please? :(

--------------
Sad Sing
Profile PM 
Burning Fish Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 12:42

Quote (roys1 @ Mar. 17 2008, 13:48)

The Dutch version also doesn't have a PDF booklet and interviews. :(

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
ProjectZ Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 12:50

Quote (Burning Fish @ Mar. 17 2008, 18:42)
Quote (roys1 @ Mar. 17 2008, 13:48)

The Dutch version also doesn't have a PDF booklet and interviews. :(

At least you can get Live At Bilboa...
:(
pfff, Belgium & iTunes...  :(

Edit : Just checked all the other iTunes-stores... 'ALL' European stores have MOTS + L@Bilbao except Belgium and Luxembourg... even the Japanese one has it

--------------
the VANGELIS forum : Invisible Connections ( http://www.vangelis.fr/ )
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 12:52

Quote (ProjectZ @ Mar. 17 2008, 06:03)
So far no Music of the Spheres in "my" iTunes-store, also still no "Spheres"  :(
I hate being pushed to "illegal" :(

I hate also being pushed to "illegal",since iTunes store doesn't work here...and I really wanna listen to the premiere version...anxious anxious!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Tommy139 Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 14:50

MOTS Special edition is available NOW on iTunes in the UK.  :)
Profile PM 
Tommy139 Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 15:10

Downloaded this now and am currently listening to the live version...  :)
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 17:14

Quote (Korgscrew @ Mar. 17 2008, 05:11)
I'm finding listening to the live recording a very interesting experience. Mike's guitar comes across as generally a lot more confident than it seemed at the time. Most things are quite close-miked and dry, which is quite a contrast from the very reverberant sound in the Guggenheim (which may well have contributed to the impression of there being more timing issues than there really were). The bells in Musica Universalis come across far quieter than I remember them (we were very close to them, though). The final chord doesn't lose much of its explosive power, though. The increased power added by the choir also remains.

It also brought a smile to my face to catch the faint sound of the fans going "wooooo!" at the end - just a shame they had to fade it out so early!

I totally agree with you, Korgscrew.

It could have been so damn good being in front of him and listening to the orchestra in full quality!

But anyway, we´ve been there!

:)

Edited by manintherain on Mar. 17 2008, 17:14
Profile PM 
torbenyj Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 17:42

download the englisch version of itunes - It works fine for me here in denmark
Profile PM 
Burning Fish Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2008, 17:10

They now added a PDF booklet on the Dutch version of the iTunes store and it says "album exclusive". I have already bought the album yesterday and now I miss out on the booklet, since iTunes doesn't seem to "detect" that I already bought the album.

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
84 replies since Mar. 12 2008, 07:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net