Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: It's up on Spotify, Platinum Deluxe streaming< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CJJC Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 25 2012, 03:50

For those who are able to use Spotify (I have no idea where it has and hasn't launched now), here it is:

http://open.spotify.com/album/6xBp5z2GXunPRmEbdsa2zf

Obviously there are ads and I'm not sure tracks run neatly from one to the other but you'll be able to get some idea. The live album sounds surprisingly clean and of the extras on disc one, I thought my favourite bit would be the extended version of North Star but actually the live take of the studio band playing the backing to Platinum part 2 has trumped it massively.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
CJJC Offline

Posted: July 25 2012, 15:12

The live disc is excellent. I'm not normally a big fan of live recordings (especially Mike as he can often be scrappy and fumble really key bits - though sometimes he can pull out something astounding that you weren't expecting) but I'm really enjoying this. The live Platinum is much more impressive than the one on The Complete and while I haven't heard the whole twenty minutes that represents Incantations, the addition of a massive Vangelis-sounding synth intro (in lieu of a choir) is extremely welcome.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
kazav Offline

Posted: July 25 2012, 16:30

All I get is Blue Peter. That's because I'm in Germany. :-(

--------------
The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one.
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: July 25 2012, 18:22

Incantations live is incredible!!!!!!  :)

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
3 replies since July 25 2012, 03:50 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net