Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: It's a Shame, Mike's non interaction in concerts< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tarquincat Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 09 2018, 10:02

Having recently bought a few concert DVDs & having been to see Mike twice, of course it is the music we came to hear, and some of the shows were strikingly put together.

But.

Does anyone feel it is a shame Mike was never able to interact with the audience ? Given that when he does get interviewed, he has so much to say !

I know he had to go through his "rebirth" just to be able to get on stage, but it does seem a sad that the witty, informative side didn't get across to the wider audience.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2018, 20:13

I think a certain barrier adds to the MO mystique. As they say, familiarity breeds contempt.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2018, 01:35

I am not surprised at all that Mike has minimal interaction with the crowd, he has never been much of a vocal communicator, even in interviews!! He prefers to let his music and guitar do the talking.
Profile PM 
omgmo Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2018, 19:08

He dislikes journalists and hates (the rest of) people, and this is not his problem, I guess. :laugh:
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2018, 20:38

I imagine one problem is that when you are the world's greatest musician, and you perceive that people don't perceive that, it's going to create a certain amount of annoyance!  :(  :laugh:
Profile PM 
omgmo Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2018, 18:38

I really don't think that he cares about being recognized as the world's greatest musician (which I probably believe he is). He just doesn't like people, as people can be rude, silly, annoying... And that doesn't mean that he is a bad person. On the contrary, I think he is a very nice man that has only done good through his rich work.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2018, 19:33

Some people have very pleasant packaging, omgmo  :laugh:
Profile PM 
6 replies since Aug. 09 2018, 10:02 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net