[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Isn't Mike Oldfield the God of Music?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
alex Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 21 2000, 08:45

I think He is.This is my justification:

• The composer is identified with his works.
    If the works are grand and immortal,the composer will become immortal and unforgetable too.
  • While the artist is creating his works,he creates himself for the world by the works...Well-he is meant for the world by himself.
  • He is almighty in the issue of music,isn't he?
  • Isn't his music the Light,which shines all over the world?
  • Isn't his mind perfect?-Listen to Incantations and answer...
  • And last- don't you think that we are all
    his believers?

Let there be Light !!!

[This message has been edited by alex (edited 07-21-2000).]
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: July 24 2000, 19:56

and he looked like Jesus until about 1976
Ugo Offline

Posted: July 24 2000, 20:18

No, he didn't look like Jesus,anon...

HE LOOKED LIKE GOD!! biggrin biggrin

...Am I being blasphemous? smile

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: July 24 2000, 20:23

....and for alex:

YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!

HALLELUJAH MIKE OLDFIELD!!!

P.S. (for Olivier): Am I being blasphemous again? smile smile eek

--------------
Profile PM 
GMOVJ Offline

Posted: July 25 2000, 03:05

God = Father
Jesus = Son
And Spiritus Sancti...

When I show somone Ommadawn or Boxed Booklet, he or she ALWAYS say "Wow, how he looks like Jesus !"
So if Mike is the Son, Music is certainly the Father. And what is Spiritus Sancti ?

PS : I'm certainly being blasphemous, but this discusion is a joke... wink

--------------
Cheers,
GMOVJ
[URL=http://tubular.fodplanet.com]http://tubular.fodplanet.com[/URL] - The french speaking mailing list
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: July 25 2000, 10:05

GMOVJ....

of course the albums are multiple incarnations of the Holy Ghost!!

P.S. Hope John Paul II forgives us all. smile smile

--------------
Profile PM 
alex Offline

Posted: July 25 2000, 14:33

[b]It is not a joke at all...
Don't you think that Music is Perfect, Immortal,Great,Inconceivable,Delightful, Embrassing? And isn't it true that Music created Mike? Or Mike created Himself on His own by the Music...?
It's not important how does our Great Master look, but: is He Perfect,Immortal,etc.- like Music? If He is ( and this is unable to deny),we can treat Him like the Incarnation of Music or just the Music...
The Albums are parts of His perfect Soul and His Soul is just the Music...Well-it's easy to see that our Grand Master ( when I talk about Him I hardly always use the name: Grand or Great Master...) is not a person but an Idea of Music...
We worship Him as the Music, not as a person, don't we? And we don't worship any music, but THE Music, because it's the only one Perfect, Immortal,Great,Inconceivable, Delightful,Embrassing...like the one God...
He ( Oldfield ) is the Creator of us: He is the Creator of His worshippers (if He didn't live on the Earth ,we wouldn't be the worshippers of Music because we wouldn't know THE MUSIC!).
He is the Source of the Light which shines everywhere, where people listen to Music...
Isn't it wonderful?!!!
Yes- MIKE is able to work miracles and the greatest miracle on the Earth was on 15.05.1953...
When The Light flew to our planet...
Profile PM 
GMOVJ Offline

Posted: July 26 2000, 04:31

Just look how fans are seen from outside :
French : D’habitude, pour parler d’un musicien , il faut solliciter une rencontre. Ou trier des monceaux de coupures de presse destinées à faire vendre, à la recherche de quelques bribes de doc authentique. Pas avec Mike Oldfield. On le trouve en effet partout sur le Net. Il existe quantité de sites qui recèlent des montagnes d’infos, pour la plupart des compte-rendus d’interviews, des articles et des photos amoureusement réunis par ses légions de fans - utilisons ce terme faute de mieux, car sans doute les mots « disciples », « paroissiens », ou « fidèles » rendraient mieux justice à la relation qui existe entre Oldfield et son public.

English : Ususally, to talk about a musician, you have to ask for an appointement. Or sorting and filtering tons of articles, press reviews, made to increase sales, just to find a few authentic things. Not with Mike Oldfield. He is everywhere on the Net. They are plenty of sites, full of informations, interviews and photos, collected by fans - let's use this word by default, some others like "disciples ", " parishioners ", or " faithful " would better fit to the relation which exists between Oldfield and its public...

Reading Alex, I guess it's true ! wink

Bye, GMOVJ
PS : wink hey alex ! what are you smoking ? wink
PPS : this article was found by Vinz and Olivier linked it in 'Surf More...'

[This message has been edited by GMOVJ (edited 07-26-2000).]

--------------
Cheers,
GMOVJ
[URL=http://tubular.fodplanet.com]http://tubular.fodplanet.com[/URL] - The french speaking mailing list
Profile PM WEB 
alex Offline

Posted: July 26 2000, 17:33

To anon. and Ugo:
These are 3 reasons why that what you have written (He looked like Jesus/God until 1976)
is a big nonsense:
1.If His divinity depends on that how does He look, so Grand Master was the God of Music
until 1976 ( when He was looking like God ), but He isn't now.And this is a really big nonsense because God is eternal and invariable in His Perfection and because of His Perfection ( Perfection can't be more or less perfect than it is ).Well if He was the God of Music until 1976 and He isn't now, He was not the God even until 1976 because a being which is not eternal and invariable can't be a God.
2.And if He even was the God until 1976 and He isn't now, well he had to stop being the God after 1976 and become any other existence
which did not exist until 1976...Is it possible?!!!
3.And if He stopped being the God of Music in 1976, he would stop composing then...

Well- if we want to prove that He is the God
of Music, we've got to pass over the incarnation and consider only this what is invariable...
Why? Because we can treat the person- Mike Oldfield- as the incarnation of the Perfect, Eternal, Invariable Being which exists regardless of the incarnation and which we can name just the Grand Master of Music or the God of Music. That Being may be the essence of Mike Oldfield's soul and of that what He composes...

And I don't smoke anything!!!
I am only a philosopher...

[This message has been edited by alex (edited 07-27-2000).]
Profile PM 
alex Offline

Posted: July 27 2000, 16:33

This comparison, which has been written by GMOVJ ( God=Father (Music),Jesus=Son (Mike) and Spiritus Sancti ),won't be as nonsensical as it seems,if we take into consideration the idea of Grand Master.Well I think Grand Master is the Father ( just the God of Music ), who created the Music, which is the essence of His soul ( so Grand Master initiated and created everything) and Mike Oldfield is the Incarnation of the Grand Master ( the God of Music ) and because of this He is just the God ( incarnated God ).So, Music is the Spiritus Sancti, the essence of all that Mystery...Without the Music there wouldn't be the Grand Master, but the Grand Master created the Music...Well- He has just created Himself...He's the God of Music.And Mike is the Incarnated God, who will live forever in the Endless Universe ( which is filled by Music ) and who will leave the Music for His believers on the Earth to make them perfect and worth to become the parts of His Universe...
...And our Saint Symbol is THE BELL...

P.S....And for me ( the philosopher, who can't think about anything except Mike Oldfield's music ) this discussion is not a joke and I think it should has been started in Q&A...

Let there be Light...

[This message has been edited by alex (edited 07-28-2000).]
Profile PM 
rosko Offline

Posted: July 28 2000, 10:50

If Mike is the "god of music" then that means he must have created all music. Since that would mean he must have created Bardot, Five, Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls etc, it's a theory I certainly don't subscribe to. I simply see his music as a representation of everything that I personally like in music. I guess this is a humour forum anyway though, so I'm sure no-one's actually serious. Sorry if I spoiled the joke there.
Profile PM 
alex Offline

Posted: July 28 2000, 12:03

There's only one REAL ,PERFECT MUSIC, which is worth to name it THE MUSIC... Everyone who visits this site should know about it...The rest of modern "music" is a pseudo-music for people who are not very keen on Art...Not everyone is intelligent enough to know what is THE MUSIC...
Profile PM 
GMOVJ Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2000, 09:32

Believe me, I'm terribly sad to have to tell that, Alex : Mike is not God.

Listen to all "The Making Of Tubular Bells ][ - Embryonic Stages" that you can find on The source Of Secret drive.to/TSOS :
- We can ear Mike practising some piano riff and guitar solo. And God doesn't need to practise.
- We can ear Mike making a mistake and say something like "f**king hell, can we do it again, we do it again..." during a guitar solo, and God doesn't make mistakes or does not need to do something again.

Sorry... biggrin

PS to all : and yes rosko's right, this is the humour section !
PS to alex : oh please, stop writing in bold ! it's so heavy ! wink

--------------
Cheers,
GMOVJ
Profile PM WEB 
alex Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2000, 17:03

"Human is just a rope speared over the space between an animal and superman [...]"
F.Nietzsche

Well, if Mike was a human, we were just the animals... smile
So, I hope you don't think that He is a human... I am sure ( and you rest assuerd that ) He is something more perfect than we are, well He is just the superman in Nietzsche's definition. And Nietzsche was wishing whole his life about the come back of the REAL CULTURE. He believed that it will be possible to do by the supermen...
And for Nietzsche, who haven't believed in God, the theoretical superman was someone who could substitute for the God.

Well we - the fanatics - can treat our Master as the one who means for us the same as the superman meant for Nietzsche...

And don't you think that Mike subscribes to Nietzsche's philosophy ( I'm talking about amor fati )? It's possible because in August '98 He said that He likes the philosophy which says that everything what happens to us in our life is ideal for us and that's the essence of Nietzsche's amor fati!

Anyway I subscribe to Nietzsche's philosophy too...

P.S. to GMOVJ:
Oh, I like writing in bold so much because I like everything what's radical and extreme, but how You can see, those words are written not in bold - specially for You! biggrin biggrin biggrin

[This message has been edited by alex (edited 08-12-2000).]
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 18 2000, 19:00

Mike seems to have enjoyed a whisky or two at times...

Spiritus sancti = holy spirit

whisky = spirit

Or something like that. So whisky (essential in the creation of the caveman, amongst other things...) is what fills the gap, methinks.
(I'm assuming the idea of blasphemy went out the window ages ago in this forum wink)

p.s. alex - Grand Master is, of course, the tape it was recorded on - have a look in the Earth Moving credits wink Do you think this is telling us something?

[This message has been edited by Korgscrew (edited 08-18-2000).]
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: June 27 2001, 04:33

'Let there be light' on this topic!

'In the beginning God....' (as in S.O.D.E) - There is only one God but lots of gods!
Mike maybe a 'god' to many - he was to me when I first started worshipping him! Now i've been delivered from that bondage and worship the true God as revealed through Scripture (Genesis to Revelation) and now can appreciate his music to the fullest!
As with all 'idols' these are merely man's image of what God should be like, but to worship the idol is an idle pursuit!

Anyway, God made Mike a fantastic musician and has gifted him with a unique talent and that's enough for me and a liberating truth!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: June 27 2001, 16:03

O.K. guys...

I do believe in God, and I really believe in Jesus indeed. What I think about Mike, is he is gifted by God of an unusual talent, but I know sometimes we try to find divine qualities in what is only human.

Sometimes when men don´t believe in God they go looking for him in other things (like money, power, love, or other persons) and I know the risk of treating a musician you like in the way you would to to a God. People find all kind of things that bring them to their knees.

For me Mike Oldfield is a friend that I hopefully will meet someday, and someone with a very big luck. He never will be an idol in the strict way for me. But I know Mike believes in God and all his music talks about something that is above him... and I think that's the big thing about his music, instead of many others that worship themselves as "gods" only for being rich and famous. That´s what I think. smile

Delfín>>

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
ChiRho Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2002, 18:18

GMOVJ:
God does not make mistakes

Gott würfelt nicht
"God does not play dice (with the Universe)" - Einstein

If God doesn't make mistakes, how do we account for balloon-boy Branson?

(OK - forget blasphemy, I believe we're about to hit offence)

--------------
<P>Mr. ChiRho
Email to chirho@mine.nu.almost (guess what drops)
Visit ChiRho Network Central [URL=http://www.chirho.i12.com/]http://www.chirho.mine.nu/[/URL]
Check the forums (topic suggestions still welcome[URL=http://forum.chirho.mine.nu/]http://forum.chirho.mine.nu/[/URL]
Profile PM WEB 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2002, 21:33

Fascinating topic......but...give me a break!! I have a headache after reading all that!!

Korgscrew - you talk sense - cheers dude!

T4

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: May 01 2002, 04:25

Ha ha ha. I don;t think I'll get involved. I'll just say that Mike is without a doubt the best musician I've ever heared, and that's good enough for me!

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
70 replies since July 21 2000, 08:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net