Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Isambard< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
hairy old hippy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 02 2018, 08:34

Another new track from my latest album; Circus Lounge Presents A Potted History Of Victorian Sitting Rooms. This is one called Isambard and the video features me rushing round setting up a music session.

Maybe some Incantations influence on this one, certainly some Phillip Glass influence at the very least.

Enjoy!

My Webpage

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2018, 20:36

I could hear the Incantations influence but am not all that familiar with Philip Glass. When you rush around you can be mistaken for Mike around the time of "Portsmouth"!
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Jan. 03 2018, 12:04

Ha ha yes, must be the winter plumage adorning my face.

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

Profile PM WEB 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Jan. 03 2018, 12:08

Here's a link to the rest of the album; the rather snappily entitled Circus Lounge Presents A Potted History Of Victorian Sitting Rooms[I]

Circus Lounge Presents A Potted History Of Victorian Sitting Rooms

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 03 2018, 20:02

I've just bought your album :-) Now you must please your public and keep your growth - facial hair suits you! :-D
Profile PM 
Ommigosh Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2018, 16:39

Nice!  Reminds me a little of some of Mohribold too.
Profile PM 
Priabonia Offline

Posted: Jan. 10 2018, 12:57

Yes, a bit of Incantations at the beginning with the "block 4ths" chord on the Solina, the rest is definitely more Glass (and the video a conscious or otherwise tribute to Koyaanisqatsi!)

Nice stuff, I like it!

--------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/PriaboniaMusic

www.soundcloud.com/just-before-dawn
Profile PM 
6 replies since Jan. 02 2018, 08:34 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net