Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Is it me...., New Air Wick Advert Platinum Intro?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
iancampbell79 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 25 2005, 05:52

or is the music on the new Air Wick advert in the UK the intro to Platinum.
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: Mar. 07 2006, 19:22

No. It's You.  ;)

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
iancampbell79 Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2006, 05:58

Just checking  :D
Profile PM 
ThisName Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2006, 09:49

Hey Ian, it's not the sme music on the advert but i must admit i thought the same when i heard it. I think someone has towed very close to the line on that one coz the descending guitar part and sound is very similar.

--------------
www.ryanyardmusic.com
Profile PM 
DarkFeline Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2006, 13:16

Does anyone have a sample from the advert? This looks curious here. :)

--------------
Who's your mummy, where she go?
Profile PM WEB 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: April 17 2008, 20:10

Just reading this old thread here and it suddenly reminded me that they used the intro to Platinum on a kids quiz programme hosted by Debbie Greenwood in the mid-80`s.They used to play the thing about hundred times every episode in fact at every given opportunity.And yet I still never got tired of it...

"So let`s have a look at the scores."....dat`n d dat`n d dat`n d dat`n dat`n dat.....
"Team A have 6 points and Team B have 4 points."...dat`n d dat`n d dat`n d dat`n dat`n dat.....

I tell you what it is I`d completely erased that whole thing from my mind until I read this thread.They used to play crappy old arcade games on that show as well like track and field etc.Maybe Mike watched the show and it set him off on his whole VR kick for the future...

Heh heh Debbie bloody Greenwood man...What a woman..That Carol Voderman`s not fit to lace her boots imo..Although I`d maybe pay good money to see that now that I think about it...    :cool:
Profile PM 
Dave in Ledbury Offline

Posted: April 23 2008, 18:53

Quote (Dirk Star @ April 17 2008, 20:10)
Heh heh Debbie bloody Greenwood man...What a woman..That Carol Voderman`s not fit to lace her boots imo..Although I`d maybe pay good money to see that now that I think about it...    :cool:

Dirk, you're a very bad man... but I understand where you're coming from.......

I'm surprised Platinum didn't sell like hot cakes with the promotion it got with that introduction being played on the programme.... Possibly a contender for the best opening to a Mike Oldfield album.....?

--------------
"Dave, I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over...."
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: April 24 2008, 03:30

The first thing I did after I remembered that show,was to have a quick look on you-tube to see if anybody had uploaded any clips there.Sadly there did`nt look to be any I`m sorry to report.(show was called First Class I`ve since discovered btw)Believe it or not though, the first clip I did stumble upon.Was Debbie Greenwood in black leather pants selling boots on the shopping channel.(camera zooms in on Debbie`s boots for awhile of course just to heighten the tension further ) Man there are some real sad sick puppies out there it has to be said...Makes yer glad your not alone!  :p

Possibly a contender for the best opening to a Mike Oldfield album.....?

Think I`d probably put it in my own little top 4 or 5 so I`d certainly agree with that sentiment.As far as quiz shows go though it`s got to be way out in front.Maybe a little honourable mention for Sale Of The Century though,just for the whole "From Norwich,Quiz of the week" bit.On the back of all that maybe somebody at Univeral could suggest something from MOTS,for a mid-brow Radio 4 quiz show.Or perhaps in a more apt vein, a revamped update of The Sky At Night with a CGI of Sir Patrick Moore presenting it from the alpha moonbase.Or better still just get Debbie Greenwood to do it dressed up as Princess Leih from Star Wars...Holy Slave Outfit!!  :O Somebody needs to be running with the ball here and pitching some of this stuff while MOTS is still shifting untis.Come on Universal, get yer` heads outta` the sand there guys.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Oct. 02 2008, 17:41

Quote (Dirk Star @ April 24 2008, 07:30)

The first thing I did after I remembered that show,was to have a quick look on you-tube to see if anybody had uploaded any clips there.Sadly there did`nt look to be any I`m sorry to report.(show was called First Class I`ve since discovered btw)Believe it or not though, the first clip I did stumble upon.Was Debbie Greenwood in black leather pants selling boots on the shopping channel.(camera zooms in on Debbie`s boots for awhile of course just to heighten the tension further ) Man there are some real sad sick puppies out there it has to be said...Makes yer glad your not alone!  :p

Possibly a contender for the best opening to a Mike Oldfield album.....?

Think I`d probably put it in my own little top 4 or 5 so I`d certainly agree with that sentiment.As far as quiz shows go though it`s got to be way out in front.Maybe a little honourable mention for Sale Of The Century though,just for the whole "From Norwich,Quiz of the week" bit.On the back of all that maybe somebody at Univeral could suggest something from MOTS,for a mid-brow Radio 4 quiz show.Or perhaps in a more apt vein, a revamped update of The Sky At Night with a CGI of Sir Patrick Moore presenting it from the alpha moonbase.Or better still just get Debbie Greenwood to do it dressed up as Princess Leih from Star Wars...Holy Slave Outfit!!  :O Somebody needs to be running with the ball here and pitching some of this stuff while MOTS is still shifting untis.Come on Universal, get yer` heads outta` the sand there guys.

Debbie Greenwood the name rings a (tubular) bell, can't picture her right now.

About The Sky at Night, I like it's present format with Sir Patrick Moore, just love his sense of humour, and also with Brian May as sometimes guest.
About Sir Patrick's sense of humour  I remember watching  him a few years ago , he was mentioning an astronomical event a few years ahead, and he joked "If I'm still here then"    :laugh: .  One of the last true Great British eccentrics, Bless him :cool: .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2008, 07:47

Debbie Greenwood or Mrs Paul Coia as she`s otherwise known..She used to present Breakfast Time and Pebble Mill for a time I think.Oh and she was Miss United Kingdom 1980??..something or other??..I`m sure you`ll recognise her when you see her Galadriel.Frankly this clip is just wonderfuly bizzare..And works even better without the audio I have to say.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2008, 08:53

Quote (Dirk Star @ Oct. 03 2008, 11:47)
Debbie Greenwood or Mrs Paul Coia as she`s otherwise known..She used to present Breakfast Time and Pebble Mill for a time I think.Oh and she was Miss United Kingdom 1980??..something or other??..I`m sure you`ll recognise her when you see her Galadriel.Frankly this clip is just wonderfuly bizzare..And works even better without the audio I have to say.

Oh yes I do remember her, She was Miss UK in 1984. Wasn't she a presenter on a kids BBC programme for a while, I just hope I look as good as her when I'm 49, I've got 12 years to go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debbie_Greenwood

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: April 26 2014, 08:42

I have just looked at Debbie Greenwood on Google Images :) ahh, the memories.
Profile PM 
11 replies since Jan. 25 2005, 05:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net