Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Invocations (based on Incantations part II)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
David Passerat Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 19 2021, 17:04

Just back from 3 years of work on a remix of part II of Incantations, and finally found a guitarist to play the parts I needed. So many Incantations fans here have posted good work, and I think my hommage to this song is quite interesting. I selected the last part of "Incantations part II" and kept the same base and chords (except for some parts), invented two different lead melodies and gave the song a different feel. I've always been frustrated by the too short guitar part in the Hiawatha part, so decided to give more importance to the guitar. A big thanks to Jeronimo the guitar player (that did not know the original song) that gave a good feeling and more guitar presence in my version.
MO fans will easily recognise the background chords, but the two different melodies make it more a remix than a classical tribute. Thanks for your first thoughts on my "Invocations".
Invocations
Profile PM 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: May 23 2021, 12:25

Thank you David, I enjoyed your remix. Nice melodies, well done! I'm not too struck on the synth sound (1:38 - 2:23), but that's my taste. The guitar playing is great.
Profile PM 
Markus K. Offline

Posted: May 24 2021, 14:46

It is a luvly piece of music.

--------------
---
Markus K.
Profile PM 
David Passerat Offline

Posted: May 24 2021, 16:15

Quote (oldfield_fan @ May 23 2021, 12:25)
Thank you David, I enjoyed your remix. Nice melodies, well done! I'm not too struck on the synth sound (1:38 - 2:23), but that's my taste. The guitar playing is great.

Yeah that synth is a personal choice! Glad you enjoyed!
Profile PM 
David Passerat Offline

Posted: May 24 2021, 16:16

Quote (Markus K. @ May 24 2021, 14:46)
It is a luvly piece of music.

Thank you my friend!
Profile PM 
qcfoetus Offline

Posted: May 25 2021, 21:45

Yes, this is quite lovely. Nice, subtle arrangements all over. The drums are a little unsettling at first, but that's because I keep referring to the original, which of course has only percussions. Then again, this is not the original, as you've truly made it your own. Good work! Also love your choice of title... Again, close to the original, yet unique!
Profile PM 
David Passerat Offline

Posted: May 26 2021, 10:48

Quote (qcfoetus @ May 25 2021, 21:45)
Yes, this is quite lovely. Nice, subtle arrangements all over. The drums are a little unsettling at first, but that's because I keep referring to the original, which of course has only percussions. Then again, this is not the original, as you've truly made it your own. Good work! Also love your choice of title... Again, close to the original, yet unique!

Thank you my friend for this instructive comment. I was curious to know how people would react listening to the new melodies on the close-to original base and chords.
Profile PM 
lititia1233 Offline

Posted: May 06 2022, 05:22

Free phone ringtones website created by me to give you access to suonerie gratis to download music to your phone for free
Profile PM 
7 replies since May 19 2021, 17:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net