Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: interviews I would like to see, gimme some links?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Scatterplot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 03 2008, 03:43

I've been following MO's career since I was about 12 and he was 19. Yet I've only seen 2 or 3 interviews of him. The first was part of a VCR tape I copied in 1984 or 85, had japanese subtitles at the bottom. The one where he says "I'd rather hear someone play one note and mean it than....." And just now I followed a link provided on tubular.net to a youtube video of a fairly recent interview. Interesting. But I would like to see more. There were other videos of him on youtube.....the one that caught my attention was called Mike Oldfield-Blackbird. The touching piano piece plus the 200 pictures of Mike fading in/out made it seem like an obituary!! I'm sure whoever made it had good intentions tho. Does anyone have any links to BBS or or other interviews I could see(not music videos I have them all)? Living in the USA(Texas to be more accurate) does not provide a lot of MO info or enthusiasm. You don't hear much about biker rallys where "Crises" is going to be the featured music. Any interview material would make an old man happy. Thanks,
         Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 05 2008, 06:52

Hey Jim.Have a look in Articles in the main Tubular.net site.More MO interviews than you could poosibly need.I think the intervirw you saw was from a 1980 interview from Mike's studio featured in the Essential Mike Oldfield video.BTW anyone know if Virgin plans to do this on DVD.Great performances from Knebworth 1980 but not the best sound quality.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: April 24 2009, 08:11

Hey jim, caveman has given you the link for videos and interviews, more on youtube and myspace, try mikes site at www.mike oldfield.es, his spanish site and www.mikeoldfield.org, happy viewing!
Profile PM 
2 replies since Feb. 03 2008, 03:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net