Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (6) < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Interview with Mike 25/7-Radcliffe & Maconie Show, Mike to discuss Incantations' reissue< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
simmo2005 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 31 2011, 15:19

Very sorry to say that Incantations has scraped in at no. 70 in the UK Album chart - sales must have really tailed off in the later half of the week as the midweeks had him within the top 30 - Maybe due to the bad press about the audio glitch... :(

http://www.theofficialcharts.com/albums-chart/
Profile PM 
daznug Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2011, 00:57

There is a new interview by Brad Sanders with Mike Oldfield promoting Incantations on the Quietus website.  See link http://thequietus.com/articles/06685-mike-oldfield-interview
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2011, 01:55

Quote (0+1(I1) @ July 28 2011, 13:27)
BBC RADIO outside the Uk works fine as I said in an earlier post here (PAGE 1!;) I am in Greece (not the skin condition) the country & nightspore is in OZ so if he could get it there where off Earth are you, its only TV that's a problem, I got satellite and had it on comp via, MEDIA PLAYER & recorded to hard drive of set top box via sat TV/RADIO, no probleMO.

Any one who needs help please you have only to ask.

I1

Yes, I was playing it live, thanks to I1's sage guidance.  :)
Profile PM 
daznug Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2011, 02:09

Also in the Drowned in Sound interview - http://drownedinsound.com/in_dept....ldfield - he gives us an idea of what maight be coming up in the near future.

MO  "I’ve been working on a mix of ‘North Star’, a track from Platinum that is sounding good. Haven’t got QE2, haven’t got any of the later albums yet. My big project will be the complete 5.1 of Amarok, providing we’ve got the Multi-Track tapes, because that’s one of my favourites."
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2011, 04:52

I'm amused by the idea of this forum going:

Hooray! We successfully kicked up a stink about the glitch! :)

then

Nobody bought the album, possibly due to negative publicity about the glitch! :(

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
Black Bunik Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2011, 08:25

Yup it is all our fault. We brought it on ourselves. uhum

But if they do a new advert like NEW FIXED version. Maybe some poeple would reconsider buying it. They should put stickers on such CDs.
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2011, 10:17

Getting to No.70 for a reissue is quite an achievement nowadays  :)
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2011, 10:27

Quote (daznug @ Aug. 03 2011, 07:09)
My big project will be the complete 5.1 of Amarok, providing we’ve got the Multi-Track tapes, because that’s one of my favourites."

Oh Yeah, bring it on - sometime before I'm due to take pension Mike  :D

5.1 Amarok ....
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Aug. 03 2011, 21:58

Quote (daznug @ Aug. 03 2011, 08:09)
My big project will be the complete 5.1 of Amarok, providing we’ve got the Multi-Track tapes, because that’s one of my favourites."

i went craazy when i saw this!!! wow!!! that is gonna be great!! imagine some unreleased goodies too.. + alot of new pictures.. please keep the orginal cover.. that is the only strange thing with all these re releases..

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Hastengas Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2011, 19:05

Enough of the remastering now...lets have something new Mr Oldfield....please
Profile PM 
Highlander Offline

Posted: Aug. 06 2011, 05:52

It may be a long while before we get anything new judging by these comments: "I’m semi-retired now. Not really interested in the music business. " &

So your priorities have shifted?

Yes. I dedicated most of my life to try and make the most beautiful, innovative, powerful music that I can, and hadn’t had much of a life to experience all the other things in life. That’s what I’m doing as I get older.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Aug. 06 2011, 10:03

I agree its time he did something new, is he really going to re-release all his old albums upto and including Amarok?(maybe more)I can't take all this negativity and criticism each time he re-releases an album,   Its also questionable if any more albums really need to be re-mastered after Incantations!!! the recordings thereafter are all good in my view. It would be far better for Mike and universal to release one big box set of extras/rare tracks, etc.
And no matter how many times Mike says he's semi retired, he isn't, he will never stop making muisc, its in his blood, he can't do anything as well as music, and he knows it, the only difference is he can have a gap of how ever many years he likes between albums, we know he has been writing with Don Black, and he said he has had recording sessions via the internet, so has won't stop making music.
Profile PM 
ingresman Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2011, 13:19

Ammarok in 5.1!, where do I place my order !??!!
Profile PM 
HR lover Offline

Posted: Aug. 15 2011, 13:55

I don't hear anything wrong with Amarok, as far as I can tell a remaster would be pointless IMO.

--------------
Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
Profile PM 
Cudsie Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2011, 06:54

Quote (HR lover @ Aug. 15 2011, 13:55)
I don't hear anything wrong with Amarok, as far as I can tell a remaster would be pointless IMO.

well no - of course not - it was all recorded digitally!

however a 5.1 REMIX would be most welcome.
Profile PM 
tarquincat Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2011, 07:07

Typical of this board, People are complaining about the Amarok re-release already ! Can anybody let me know where I can find a site for fans of Mike Oldfield ?
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2011, 08:22

I'm not sure whether there's anything wrong with Amarok as it is - I've listened to it so many times that my perception of it on a purely sonical/acoustic level is bound to be biased. :) But I do know that, as I have both the old Virgin CD and the HDCD remaster, the former sounds better than the latter. Same with Incantations - I have both copies, the original Virgin CD to me sounds way better than the remaster.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Hastengas Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2011, 04:16

Quote (tarquincat @ Aug. 16 2011, 12:07)
Typical of this board, People are complaining about the Amarok re-release already ! Can anybody let me know where I can find a site for fans of Mike Oldfield ?

Strange comment from someone who has only made 5 comments in two years...Forums are about opinions, and you cant pretend that people on this site are not fans, thats an insult to the people who contribute here regularly.....From what Ive seen over the years, they are a pretty dedicated bunch and informed as well. As for Amarok...nothing wrong with it...it aint broken, so why try and fix it? Id prefer something fresh....he can do it still if he chooses.....he may be fed up with the music business, but its exactly that, that has given him the wealth to semi retire....funded by us his fans....if we didnt love his music, well there wouldnt be a forum would there, and without an opinion there wouldnt be a debate to be had...I'll stand by my earlier comment....Id much prefer something new. Ive spent a fortune on MO products over the last 30 odd years, I dont really need a brand new shiney Amarok.....theres nothing wrong with it as its stands.
Profile PM 
bahamas Offline

Posted: Sep. 10 2011, 04:55

Quote (tarquincat @ Aug. 16 2011, 07:07)

I am agree with you. Oldfield fans are excellent collectors but not very pleasant fans
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Sep. 10 2011, 05:26

Hi Bahamas - I can see how it may come across that way. The forum is a bit unsettled at the moment - but I'm sure it will balance itself out - like it usually does.

You are VERY welcome.  :)

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
119 replies since July 22 2011, 13:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (6) < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net