Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (6) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Interview with Mike 25/7-Radcliffe & Maconie Show, Mike to discuss Incantations' reissue< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: July 22 2011, 13:59

On Monday, 25 July, between 13:00-16:00, BBC 6 Music's Radcliffe & Maconie show will feature Mike Oldfield discussing with Stuart Maconie the reissue of Incantations.

Thanks, Andrew Taylor!

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 23 2011, 12:55

THANK YOU 4 the info INKANTA,
I don't normally do the radio via Internet but yes listening to BBC 6 now from the back of beyond in Greece.

Did a search on google and it came up said to hear it live open real player or media player, which I did, then type in BBC radio 6 into search area of programme/channel search box/area of Windows media guide, and under language I selected ENGLISH UK & bobs your uncle there it was bottom of list clicked listen & amazed it worked !!, I am back in the real world !!, the first live music since the neighbours cockerel died.

SO IF I CAN DO IT HERE, I assume U all can do it there to, where ever U are if U are reading this U2 can listen tomorrow!! GOOD LUCK & hope this helps the some of U that are tech challenged like me, Ciao I1

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 23 2011, 16:58

BBC iPlayer will save me later on - I'm on vacation in Paris.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: July 23 2011, 18:41

I am going to have to move this to the news section for awhile to see if it pops to FB and the front page (not sure why it isn't and don't see Olivier around). Lesseee.....

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Kiwwy Offline

Posted: July 24 2011, 10:03

This might be interesting. I'm really puzzled at the lack of info concerning the "new" tracks/outtakes/remixes.

--------------
TB Ultimate #363
Platinum #101
QE2 #749
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: July 25 2011, 02:15

MEMO 2 ALL FANS DO NOT MISS THIS MO INTERVEIW,
Inkanta I added this post to try & keep this topic on the top of the forum front page, as it appears to sadly be getting little notice here.
SO please feel free to edit it (& my new topic on it) once show is over ADMIN.
MAY BE PHONE IN 4 UK/world based PEOPLE? (WORLD BASED who am I, what am I, writing?).
GREETINGS FROM I1.
ps memo 2 self, they think I am MAD, so act sane.

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
Black Bunik Offline

Posted: July 25 2011, 04:13

How is it in CET (GMT+1)? Is it then 1400 or 1500 due to summer time?
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: July 25 2011, 04:17

this should help!
http://www.worldtimezone.com/

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
Profile PM 
Black Bunik Offline

Posted: July 25 2011, 05:07

Thanks. I though it is +1, but colleague started "they dont have summer time"... so he made me doubt that a bit. :P
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: July 25 2011, 05:44

happy 2 b of help Black Bunik!

CAN/DOES ANYONE HAVE THE KNOW HOW TO REC THIS SHOW???????????????????????????????????????????????.

THE FOLLOWING IS FOR US WITH COBWEBS, old timers, new comers to the web, due to fear of spiders & bugs & viruses in tech. PROB writing it to myself but who knows.

I just struggled a bit to find it on windows media player, I think if you have real player its alot easier to find using that player.
REAL PLAYER IS AVAILABLE 4 FREE download on the left of page below, (its good for downloading U TUBE VIDS!!;)
http://europe.real.com/realplayer/
in the above programme I just clicked MUSIC box dropped down reveling choices moved cursor over radio and up pops BBC selected it & up pops the full range of channels CHOSE BBC 6.

With MEDIA PLAYER I FOUND IT HARDER TO FIND--but it was there if u click media guide button u get a page with message  "PAGE can not be found" but continue by clicking link on the page under this message, then under top stations see SEARCH for radio stations, new search window opens, type in BBC radio 6 and in the language box click on it and on the drop down list select English UK NOT AMERICAN, and u should now after a slight delay be listening to IT & hopefully mike soon to.

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: July 25 2011, 06:23

TIME CHECK 1hour 40 mins and counting down to programme/show start does anyone know what time MO is on as its a 3 hour show??????

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: July 25 2011, 08:04

The handover from Lauren Laverne to Stuart Maconie has had him enthusing about the album and Mike as a good interviewee.  Due at 14.30 BST.  I'm recording on my HDD but no computer thereafter :/

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: July 25 2011, 08:15

Show just started , just said he will be talking via net at the dentist favorite time of tooth hurty that's 2 30 in one hour and 15 mins approx from the time of this post.
last upate, must go now.
good everything everyone
                                  CIAO I1

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: July 25 2011, 08:20

And speaking from the Bahamas, Stuart says on his first link.  You could interpret the way he worded it as suggesting it'll be live, but I'm not guaranteeing that!  I'm likely to fall asleep soon so will catch up with any revelations before work tonight.  Happy listening  :)

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
HR lover Offline

Posted: July 25 2011, 08:29

I'm stuck listening this crap  :) when will the interview start?

--------------
Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: July 25 2011, 08:42

I have done my bit for glitch mentioning by tweeting it both to the official Twitter of the show and to the personal one of Stuart Maconie. Maconie's one isn't fast-moving and he's read a lot of his replies about stuff upcoming in the show and so I can guarantee he's seen mine. I imagine he probably WON'T ask about it as he's obviously hoping to assist his guest in promoting the album rather than ask tough questions.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
Hastengas Offline

Posted: July 25 2011, 08:44

Here is a link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_6music

Im listening in from Queensland....10.45pm here at the mo....another 45 minutes, but I fear its pre-recorded.

Meanwhile, I'll try and stay awake
Profile PM 
Black Bunik Offline

Posted: July 25 2011, 08:46

Quote (HR lover @ July 25 2011, 08:29)
I'm stuck listening this crap  :) when will the interview start?

Well it's not that much of a crap.
At least they play different songs than our local radios. :p
In Czech Republic no matter what radio you tune, they play almost the same things over and over again. And lots of bullcrap adverts between each song and even bloody comments.
Profile PM 
Hastengas Offline

Posted: July 25 2011, 08:53

Most commercial radio stations run 28 songs a day...its a form of brainwashing ;-)
Profile PM 
Black Bunik Offline

Posted: July 25 2011, 08:57

I wonder if they dare to play one track from incantations. :D
At least Guilty would do.
Profile PM 
119 replies since July 22 2011, 13:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (6) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net