Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Interview in Guitarist Magazine< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 419 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 13 2009, 18:02

Since 2004 we have had....reissue of Tubular Bells 2009! Cant say its any different to 2003. Remixing it would not even require Mike to pick up his guitar! The process is done with computer software in a studio. It would be nice to hear new works rather than remixes that essentially are the same as the original, without promo bells and whistles! Deb
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2009, 02:57

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Dec. 13 2009, 23:05)
An interview with Mike from 2004 is featured on Guitarist presents 100 Guitar Heroes on sale here in England.

Is there a whole page about Mike is this new issue?

Thank you

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2009, 04:14

Quote (yanouch65 @ Dec. 14 2009, 07:57)
An interview with Mike from 2004 is featured on Guitarist presents 100 Guitar Heroes on sale here in England.

Thank you

It's an 2-page feature on Mike:
http://www.mike-oldfield.es/verfoto.asp?id=7771

Later I'll upload a better pic on the interview!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2009, 04:45

Quote (yanouch65 @ Dec. 14 2009, 08:57)

Thank you

:D Always ready to catch new pics and articles !  :p
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Dec. 14 2009, 11:48

Tu l'as dit...
:D

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Dec. 15 2009, 12:34

I've been a regular reader of Guitarist since the late 80's.All the interviews from the 100 Guitar Heroes book (£9.99 seems a bit steep but as a certified guitar addict i will end up buying it)are taken from their 25 years of archive interviews.I checked this out in WH Smiths (them again)yesterday and for the life of me i couldn't remember this interview.I must have had it as i always scan it to see who's in it before i buy it-at £5+ it's a bit pricey although not as pricey as overseas-and i know if i'd seen anything about Mike i would have bought it on the spot.Very strange although they have interviewed him several times over the years.A very good magazine!

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Dec. 15 2009, 18:00

I love when Mike is reconized as a guitarist,being a multiinstrumentist is just a simple detail really  ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Dec. 17 2009, 07:14

Well he has stated on many occasions that the only thing he can really play with any great proficiency is the guitar.To be honest back in the TB days his keyboard playing was basic and he did have real problems playing i time so when he said "anyone can play piano as well as i can" i can believe him.Not so much now but back then certainly.Anyone can get a tune form almost any instrument.Piano is one of the easiest.Even i can play the opening theme on one.Same as glockenspiel.I was in a studio this year and there was a glock in there and i couldn't resist trying to play the opening and the finale from side one and it's actually really simple (and i admit the next thing i tried was the little thing Gladys Pugh used to play before giving it "Hi-di-Hi campers" before moving on to the tune at the end of Camberwick Green).To get any real skill on any instrument takes time and dedication.That's not to take anything from Mike as his skill was and is taking these simple elements and blending them together into a whole.
 His guitar playing is a whole different ball game.There's nothing basic about it at all. :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
47 replies since Sep. 23 2003, 15:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net