Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Interview at The Raft< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 06 2001, 21:03

In an interview at The Raft, Mike says that the first part of Music VR should be ready in 2 months and will be free, a double package containing an album and the game will be released, and that a concert involving the audience may be organized.
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: June 06 2001, 21:26

Really??? FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC!!! It will be available on the stores, GREAT NEW!!
Sephirot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 07 2001, 03:21

Okay! Here we go! Goddam i will die till he realese the new album! Goddam and what about that stuff the it will be free? What will be free?

--------------
Lost in Static 18...
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: June 07 2001, 05:50

What will be free? The first part of MVR. It will not cost anything to download (according to the interview). It should also take 30mins to download (according to Mike, although we don't know what sort of connection he's talking about).

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: June 07 2001, 11:16

I hope the CD will be available in Germany, too. I don't have the connection to download that huge files, so I'm happy there will be a CD to buy.
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: June 07 2001, 13:21

I read the interview with Mike,and he seems quite possitive about what he is upto for the next few years!!!,but this live event with audience help,seems very abitious,even for a pioneer like Mike,but knowing him,he will pull it off.
CAn't wait for the new album Mike,anyone know if it has a different title to MVR?.
Profile PM 
Stuart Breed Offline

Posted: June 07 2001, 21:16

Oh happy day. I can't wait.

--------------
Stu
Profile PM WEB 
GMOVJ Offline

Posted: June 08 2001, 03:49

Well another album ! Goooooooood news !
I wish MO give us a long instru-mental (Delfin'style wink)

wink :But I hope - whatever will be the next album - we (including myself) will not debate once again of this old "go back to the root, mike" wink like we (and I) did with TB3, G, TMB
And for the name of the album... please, nothing with a bell (and nothing with bob too Pacha Daddy ! wink)... Hmmm, well, i may post something in another forum about this to start a debate but... mainly i think only mike can choose.

BTW, does anybody knows : WEA, V2, Virgin ?

Cheers GMOVJ

Read the interview too. Hmmm, I'm pleased, mike seems to be happy, relaxed, in good state of mind, quiet. I hope he feel good.

--------------
Cheers,
GMOVJ
[URL=http://tubular.fodplanet.com]http://tubular.fodplanet.com[/URL] - The french speaking mailing list
Profile PM WEB 
rosko Offline

Posted: June 08 2001, 14:01

Just finished watching the interview. Very interesting. We now know basically where the bent bell idea came from. Mike apparently got the idea when he damaged the original set of bells.

Even though my connection only allowed me about one frame per second, Music VR (or MVR as it's now called - isn't that enough name changing by now?) looks more appealing than ever.

Just a tip in case we get the question asking opportunity again: do your research before submitting a question. Several questions were asked (some by members of this forum) which had already been answered in the text interview published on the website beforehand. I found it disappointing that neither of my questions got answered while several previously answered ones did.

Apart from that, it's a great interview. Check it out as soon as you can.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 08 2001, 17:46

I think we have to put the blame partly on whoever edited the questions. That written interview came out (as far as I know) after the call for questions was made, so the people asking the questions maybe didn't know they were going to be answered in writing. The organisers almost certainly did, though (or should have done).
Anyway, I can't complain really...
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Sep. 23 2001, 17:02

Have downloaded the demo but it won't open....it causes an error in my graphics card (ATI Rage Fury Maxx)...how appropriate
10 replies since June 06 2001, 21:03 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net