Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Instruments list for Return To Ommadawn< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Lancelot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 06 2016, 18:34

My biggest concern is that there doesn't seem to be any choirs or chanting on this this album... In my opinion those were always the strongest and most chatartic parts of Mike's music!
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2016, 07:14

How do you know there are no choirs or chanting? it was only an instruments list that was published.
Profile PM 
tubular.ed Offline

Posted: Sep. 14 2016, 15:02

Quote (Lancelot @ Sep. 07 2016, 00:34)
My biggest concern is that there doesn't seem to be any choirs or chanting on this this album... In my opinion those were always the strongest and most chatartic parts of Mike's music!

There's a section called CHANT 1 so I assume there's at least some form of chanting  ;)

On another note  :O  is there a new release date?

If I remember correctly this was going to be released in August. I'm guessing it was not released then because of the passing of his father?
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2016, 11:05

My concern is that the vocal sections on the album are just done with software, like Mike used on Light and Shade. It would be great if he used Bridget St John and Clodagh Simonds again. Their vocals really brought a certain magic to both Ommadawn and Amarok.

I'm guessing Mike was being a bit optimistic saying the album would be released in August. I remember him saying his record company were really enthusiastic when he sent them the recording so they'll hopefully put quite a bit of promotion behind it which usually means finding a release slot in their schedule. That generally means planning things quite far in advance. Obviously other events in Mike's personal life may have played a part too.  

Has the title 'Return to Ommadawn' been finalised then? I wonder if he'll get David Bailey to take the cover photo again.

It'll be interesting to hear what the album sounds like. I'm very intrigued by it. Mike really hasn't done an album like this since 1990 and pretty much all his fans have been crying out for a return to his long form symphonic multi instrumental work.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2016, 11:29

Still now news? Where is Korgie when we need him?
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Oct. 10 2016, 10:35

Korg is around. :)

Re: News on Return--I've not seen anything over on Facebook. Mike may be contending with the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew, which slammed the Bahamas last week.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2016, 03:17

I hope Mike and his house is ok after the hurricane.
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Oct. 18 2016, 16:59

I think Mike may have under-estimated how long the record label might want to organise and implement a promotion strategy.

Right now (October) is very busy in the music industry because everything is basically putting things in place for the Christmas market - so there may be a few high-profile new albums, but it'll be mostly about compilation albums or deluxe re-issues.

It would make much more sense to release a new Mike Oldfield album early next year/ Spring, just based on the kinds of releases that generally come out at that time of year.

This is just guesswork, by the way.
Profile PM 
mountie926 Offline

Posted: Nov. 01 2016, 16:50

For those of you who don't use Facebook, this is a post by Mike himself today:

Hi Everyone, well things have finally returned to normal after hurricane Matthew at last. I have some amazing pictures and stories to tell about this huge event here in the Bahamas. Just the sound of this monster just a few miles away from our house is something I will never forget. As it happened I was in the process of delivering the final Masters of RTO to my record company when the power and the internet cut out. Luckily I have a small satellite dish on my roof which can send files directly to space so I was able to deliver RTO almost through the eye of Matthew in time to meet the release date. Watch this space for more information... Phew ! Mike
Profile PM 
tubular.ed Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2016, 15:41

At last, an update. Thanks, mountie926. Nice to hear from Mike but still no word on what the actual release date is though.
Profile PM 
cAveMan Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2016, 05:49

waiting for this album is a tough ride! I got so hyped up for it to come out in August .... how much longer are we gonna have to wait????
Profile PM 
falk Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2016, 16:42

i just read on facebook under vinyl realeases, that "return to ommadawn" should be around 20th january, that is what they distrubution writes, but i have no source to confirm it by
Profile PM 
Legend Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2016, 02:07

I´m excited about the final album title - hoping there´s no reference to O (though I live Ommadawn) - as I wish it will have a life of its own.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2016, 04:08

This is great news, I am happy Mike survived the storm and that the new album is getting closer :)
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 05 2016, 14:11

Quote (falk @ Nov. 03 2016, 21:42)
"return to ommadawn" should be around 20th january

I'm just saying… I called it (see above).
Profile PM 
54 replies since May 23 2016, 17:58 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net