Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Infinity, Eternity,..., My music< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ian Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 11 2002, 14:52

I thought I would give you the link to my music that has been inspired by many artists including Mike.I hope to put new stuff up soon as this is quite old and I am working on better stuff.

http://www.mp3.com/IanHubball

:)
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Dec. 12 2002, 09:51

great...
i downloaded 'infinity' and then, after listening, i needed more so i downloaded 'eternity' and i liked it even more... so i think i will keep on...  :)
mike's influence can be smelt in eternity... i really like this piece of music, imo u have melt wisely the old mood with the electronic feeling
the only i would tell u is that i feel as if, at least the two tracks i've listened, could be bits of a longer composition... when eternity finishes u feel it could last longer...

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Dec. 14 2002, 17:48

nice stuff! i also like eternity...kool hints of the TB theme there. the overall feel is good too. keep it up!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 14 2002, 18:31

I've changed the title of your topic, Ian. Let me know if you want to edit it again, it's not a problem. Please try to be more specific than "my music". And please try to follow the rule: one track = one topic. It makes the discussion more interesting and detailed.
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: Dec. 16 2002, 15:38

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone,I wasn't sure what your reactions would be as I never intend to emulate Mike or anyone else but i can't help being inspired.I would like to re record Eternity as I now have a fantastic digital mixing desk/recorder.It is my favourite track as far as melody goes.Yes,your also right about it needing to be longer perhaps.

OLIVER

Sorry about that,I am pretty new to this forum and genuinly didn't realise.No problem with your edited title at all as these are the tracks people seem to like the most.
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Posted: Dec. 24 2002, 18:37

Hi Ian.

Just to let you know that I've burnt some CD's (for private use of course  ;) ) and both your tracks Eternity and Infinity are included.

Thanks very much.

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: Dec. 26 2002, 18:41

Jael,no problem,its a compliment that you would want my tracks on your own CD to listen to.
Thanks.
Ian. ;)
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Jan. 18 2003, 08:08

after listening the six tracks u’ve got on that link I’ll tell u i did a playlist starting with them :)
my favorites... ‘eternity’, ‘rapture’ and ‘streaming’…
in ‘rapture’ the harp sound gives a charming feeling in the beginning and at the end, btw… what I don’t like much is the sudden cut, imho it deserves a better end... this is just me, though...

listening to them all straight... there's the flight of a bird in a white winter land… with ‘streaming’ the bird arrives at a warm island and rests by the water  (am I silly...? :p )

cheers

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
ian Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2003, 18:53

Its nice that it makes you think of something good as Mike says,there are plenty of things in the world to make you feel bad.

I know what you mean about the endings,the trouble is when I write a track ,I often don't get round to finishing it.I should be more disciplined :p
Profile PM WEB 
8 replies since Dec. 11 2002, 14:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net