Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (40) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Incantations reissue available for pre-order< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
wiga Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 03 2011, 15:44

Quote (HR lover @ June 03 2011, 15:49)
Is the signed edition just like the deluxe edition but only signed? because I don't see a reason to be spending a lot more money on just an autograph.

Yes - I don't think it's worth the extra money just for a signature.  

All I REALLY want is Incantations - part 1, 2, 3 and 4 - in good pristine sparkling condition - because my CD copy has started to jump. I think £14.99 is well worth it.

It's a shame that the  commercial track "Guilty" is added on at the end of Disk1 because to me it's not even in the same league as 1, 2, 3 and 4!

Also - I'm still bowled over by that stunning cover - I think they have excelled themselves there. I wouldn't be surprised if Tubular Tos' art work was an influence  - seriously!

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Highlander Offline

Posted: June 03 2011, 15:46

I don't think much care is being taken with these re-issues. The debacle of TB ultimate, the issues with mixes on Ommadawn, and now I think we're being short changed on this. It appears that HR got the best treatment.
My favourite album was always Ommadawn and I was really dissappointed. It started off really clear, crisp and beautiful and then there's the change at 11:57, rather odd, sounds like a slip of the mixing slider, the finale of part 1 at 16:55 hasn't got the punch of the original at all. The original really opened up the soundstage at that point. I'll buy the Incantations Deluxe from Amazon as that's about the best value, but I would have loved more care to have been taken with these and I look forward to something new from Mike.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: June 03 2011, 15:56

Actually I see there is an option to buy a 1 CD disk standard version for £9.99 - that has 1, 2, 3, and 4.

And it ALSO has that "Guilty" track added on at the end! Why?    :/  :)

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: June 03 2011, 17:09

The new cover is EPIC!!!  Soooo much better than the original!  I always found the original dull, dated, and moody... to the point that when I would put the CD or vinyl on, I felt unattached.  Artwork can make or break an album.  Even in today's digital market!  When I sift through iTunes the first thing I look at is the artwork.  If it is interesting enough I will click on the artist.  That's how I discovered "The Climbers". Simple yet inviting.  

Well done on the new cover Mike!!!  Incantations has, for me, been one of those albums that I overlooked.  It didn't catch on in my ears.  Though it does have some excellent sections, it doesn't quite do it for me.  I will, of course, be purchasing this new remixed version.  So far Mike has proven that old can be made very fresh and new again :)  Well done Mike!!! :)
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: June 03 2011, 18:08

Quote (wiga @ June 03 2011, 20:56)
And it ALSO has that "Guilty" track added on at the end! Why?    :/  :)

Because it fits - simples  :)
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: June 03 2011, 18:22

Tracklisting with track times:

Incantations Deluxe - Universal Shop

Guilty appears in both it 7" and 12" versions
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 03 2011, 19:13

Quote (bionicmic @ June 03 2011, 05:54)
Bought Ommadawn deluxe (90/250) last year.It took ages to arrive and when I saw Mike's signature on the portrait, I wondered if he's had a few too many before signing it.It is not a very nice way to treat your fans.Even if he had lots to sign he didn't need to do them all at once and scribble like a five years old child.At least the remix is exellent,this compensates that .So this time I'm not falling for it,I'll wait and get it in a shop when it comes out.                                                                                                 Regarding the cover photo,couldn't it be one of Fanny's ????

Signing things is a horrible chore. Even with signing 7 books at a library presentation recently I was starting to feel impatient (my fingers are used to keyboards; they hardly ever write now), so I really feel sorry for Mike having to write his signature 500 times! :/  :D
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: June 03 2011, 20:17

they changed now that only 1 signed edition can be ordered...when i ordered i was able to take 2 at once so i could get free shipping and saved some from 2nd copy.

as far as i can read, signed edition difference is that its numbered and signed...also they getting lazy after each release...TB ultimate box was good looking, well made and easy to store but next wave limited editions bad for storing because of shape...now no special package or anything.

I dont see standard vinyl edition listed so im wondering if its even coming or only 500 was made for signed release purposes?

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
ex member 137 Offline

Posted: June 04 2011, 07:00

Quote (nightspore @ June 04 2011, 01:13)
Quote (bionicmic @ June 03 2011, 05:54)
Bought Ommadawn deluxe (90/250) last year.It took ages to arrive and when I saw Mike's signature on the portrait, I wondered if he's had a few too many before signing it.It is not a very nice way to treat your fans.Even if he had lots to sign he didn't need to do them all at once and scribble like a five years old child.At least the remix is exellent,this compensates that .So this time I'm not falling for it,I'll wait and get it in a shop when it comes out.                                                                                                 Regarding the cover photo,couldn't it be one of Fanny's ????

Signing things is a horrible chore. Even with signing 7 books at a library presentation recently I was starting to feel impatient (my fingers are used to keyboards; they hardly ever write now), so I really feel sorry for Mike having to write his signature 500 times! :/  :D

You need to try buying a house in France.

Every page of the contract signed and initialled.
And about 250 pages. My hand went into spasms, so Mike has my sympathy on that one.

:/
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: June 04 2011, 07:41

Thanks the always excellent MO Blog, here is the source of the new album artwork:

Mike Oldfield Blog - Translation
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 04 2011, 07:46

Quote (nightspore @ June 04 2011, 01:13)
...I really feel sorry for Mike having to write his signature 500 times! :/  :D

If he signs these limited copies like he signed the previous ones, it won't be such a lot of work as he'll sign just "Oldfield", and maybe not even all of it. My HR framed artwork says "Oldfie" and my Ommadawn one says "Oldfi" - he didn't even bother to write out his full surname. :) Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden signs "Bruce Di", while Steve Harris just makes a highly ornated SH. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 04 2011, 09:39

Quote (Ugo @ June 04 2011, 07:46)
My HR framed artwork says "Oldfie"

As in "What's it all about, Alfie?"  :laugh: Or maybe "Oldfi" is the opposite to "hi fi".  :cool:
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: June 04 2011, 13:23

spanish community been joking and being sarcastic about his signatures recently :P

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: June 04 2011, 16:15

WTF ?!  Describing that as a Mike Oldfield signiature could contravene the trade descriptions act  :)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 04 2011, 20:05

Why don't they do more videos with Mike like the one he did for TB 2009 as a bonus,talking about the remixes and new stuff on the reissues?

Nothing against a signed album,but some other treats are much more appealing to fans...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 04 2011, 20:49

Conspiracy theories:

1/ Mike got sick of it in the middle of remixing.

2/ They will release the full remixed album after we all bought the samples.
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: June 04 2011, 21:57

Quote (Pat Gleeson @ June 04 2011, 13:41)
Thanks the always excellent MO Blog, here is the source of the new album artwork:

Mike Oldfield Blog - Translation

:D  :/ ..so it's a real picture and not made with a software like Bryce ! .... :D
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 04 2011, 22:06

So it's Menorca... The bright star/sun on the horizon suggested the sub-Antarctic islands to me, such as Kerguelen.

As for signatures: even the most abstract piece of writing signifies something!
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: June 06 2011, 03:44

Yeah the New Art Work is Great... The Old one was incredibly Dull to be Honest...   Great, New Stereo Mix of the Thing..  Thats Good.. Wonder what he has tinkered with Mostly...?  

The 2nd disc is a Good Idea with selected outakes as to be Honest "Incantations" takes a Lot of Time to Listen Straight through Start to Finish so some sort of Mini Version Could be welcome if it Gels as  Nicely..!  Wait & See.. :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: June 06 2011, 08:49

I'm going back to Menorca again this year so I'll have to take the family back to Pregonda beach at night to try to re-create the NEW cover.  Shucks!  I could think of many worse places to go... well, anywhere really.  I think the new cover is fantastic, but the old one should be there too as it did have a huge impact at the time seeing this young guy posing as MIke Oldfield - where was the hippy?
Profile PM 
781 replies since June 01 2011, 17:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (40) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net